• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Overlord S3 scarred me.

--

Just move those glasses over, and we got Leorio. :)

OY8OkC2.png

Last edited:

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I'd forgotten exactly where this was, but looked for it and found it again (end of chapter 96).

FpFlEr3.png

The Ohmu are greatly feared by many people in Nausicaä's world: though they are ordinarily docile, killing any insect while in the forest will drive any nearby Ohmu into a berserk rage, signified by their eyes changing to bright red as opposed to blue when they are calm.

Ohmu.jpg

Still need to pick up the Nausicaä manga box set (have heard really good things).

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Chapter 340, Viz and Jump apps might provide some legal ways to read it if volumes get hard to find
Yeah, only legal way (though, more importantly, to be able to read the official translation) at the moment is to pick up the physical volumes (32-35) or if you have the back issues from Viz.

And if you weren't able to get the back issues for 371-390, then there is no legal way for those.

Hopefully Viz adds the series to the vault once it comes back.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, only legal way (though, more importantly, to be able to read the official translation) at the moment is to pick up the physical volumes (32-35) or if you have the back issues from Viz.

And if you weren't able to get the back issues for 371-390, then there is no legal way for those.

Hopefully Viz adds the series to the vault once it comes back.
Yeah, in my country i have no legal way of picking up any volume besides the last one cause they're all sold out nad wont have a reprint :)
I regret not being up to date :/

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I always had this feeling that when I finally caught up with HxH, Togashi would coinicdentlaly stop going on Hiatus. Sure I wouldn't have to experience such I thing

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I always had this feeling that when I finally caught up with HxH, Togashi would coinicdentlaly stop going on Hiatus. Sure I wouldn't have to experience such I thing
Y'know, i have some weird thing going on where whenever i start a dead series it goes back from hiatus some months/years later... unfortunately it only works once so no love for hxh lol

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, assuming he's ready to come back, if Jump really doesn't have a dedicated slot for him, it's just bad timing with all these new series starting.

Late June is the earliest chance, but it could be late July if he has to wait for a series to end to open up a slot (again, assuming he's actually ready).

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I've been rewatching some episodes of HxH 99 and man, it's been such a blast going back to it. Absolutely beautiful animation and I love the soundtrack.

I still love the reunion scene with Kurapika at the end of York New with Gon/Killua in the 99 version over the new one. The inclusion of Leorio in that scene is so fucking awesome.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I've been rewatching some episodes of HxH 99 and man, it's been such a blast going back to it. Absolutely beautiful animation and I love the soundtrack.

I still love the reunion scene with Kurapika at the end of York New with Gon/Killua in the 99 version over the new one. The inclusion of Leorio in that scene is so fucking awesome.
Yeah, i've rewatched it all recently and it's pretty magic despite deviating a lot from the manga, I have no guts to watch GI and GI final though...

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cat Killua always weirded me out in that scene, lol

killua-cat-like-killua-zoldyck-39889389-480-444.jpg

I remember liking '99's small filler additions, but I wonder if I can stomach the slower pace nowadays.
'99 music still great tho

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
You're only supposed to care about Gon the first time through. After that it's pretty much just finding the foreshadowing points that slowly lead you to "fuck this god damn kid."
yeah... but if you don't care for gon watching hxh can be painfully excruciating
Technically I started HxH on 1999's episode 30, that's what hating gon does to you

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
That only worked for me bro

Sike. I'm talking about Togashi never going on hiatus again. Go big or go home.

Y'know, i have some weird thing going on where whenever i start a dead series it goes back from hiatus some months/years later... unfortunately it only works once so no love for hxh lol

Luckily you have me.

This for me + many other scenes.

I think the 1999 version is mostly better all through to the end of the Yorknew Arc. Haven't seen 1999 Greed Island though. Might check it out.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
99 makes a much better job on making newcomers care for gon though, 2011 is awful on that
A cute lil scene I liked in the 1999 version was when they jumped off the cliff to get the eggs, and that one dude who was trying to screw Gon over is about to fall to his death(?) and screams help, then Gon saves him. Then when they get up, they're like "Why did you save him Gon, even when he was tryna screw you over?" and he was just like "because he said help"

XUATYwB.png

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
A cute lil scene I liked in the 1999 version was when they jumped off the cliff to get the eggs, and that one dude who was trying to screw Gon over is about to fall to his death(?) and screams help, then Gon saves him. Then when they get up, they're like "Why did you save him Gon, even when he was tryna screw you over?" and he was just like "because he said help"

XUATYwB.png
also having the first episode.

also kid you don't need 1999 greed island, just listen to the ops and eds and then watch 2011(which has a much better ed *shrug*

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The only thing I remember of GI OVA is that the ending gave me major blue balls because none of the series major plot points had been resolved yet.
And the manga was in hiatus mode already I learned quickly
_(:3 」∠)_

XUATYwB.png
The big ponytail guy, right? And then afterwards he respectfully quits to try again next year. I kinda missed that moment when watching the '11 version. Was he even in that one? I guess it was a '99 only character

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
The big ponytail guy, right? And then afterwards he respectfully quits to try again next year. I kinda missed that moment when watching the '11 version. Was he even in that one? I guess it was a '99 only character
Yeah, he was in 2011, which more closely followed the manga (he didn't even try to get the egg).

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
shout to this

also how dangg just came across this. I think about this song still but I forgot it wasn't in the 2011 version lol