• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, a little creepier in the anime lol.

pl1t74v.png
This man just teases Illumi, yet still hasn't even tried to fight that boy. Like I'd imagine Illumi knows all about Bungee Gum already.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017

This song was a great mood setter for the arc. Really sold to me that things were about to get dumb lit

This song to me is APR's theme

Last edited:

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Silva/Zeno theme is still the best, that Chrollo confrontation with Silva warning Zeno and the theme in the background... so good.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just glad they didn't forget Pitou existed. I would've liked having her in Jump Force.
That just means it's gonna be a hell of a great figure and it'll drain a lot of wallets

I kinda want a pitou nendo now, how come there isn't one yet?!(well, killua is coming out soon, i just hope they keep doing hxh ones)

Jump force's cast is severely lacking, no Giorno? Smh, we lucked out with how many hxh reps we got, honestly

Oct 25, 2017
That just means it's gonna be a hell of a great figure and it'll drain a lot of wallets

I kinda want a pitou nendo now, how come there isn't one yet?!(well, killua is coming out soon, i just hope they keep doing hxh ones)

Jump force's cast is severely lacking, no Giorno? Smh, we lucked out with how many hxh reps we got, honestly
At least Bisky is there, no Chrollo though. They really need to do a HxH fighting game, so many cool characters.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
No way a hxh fighting game is coming out now that we have 148 spots to fill...ok we don't need that but the new characters have so many great abilities...

I can imagine kurapika's moveset being a pain to learn and Chrollo playing like shang tsung

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You know how every fighting game has a few more complicated / gimmicky fighters? A HxH fighting game would be 95% gimmicky characters that are twice as complicated.
The 1st or 4th Prince would have like 2 / 3 different gimmicks alone that can only be used under specific conditions, lol

lmao

Woah!
Apparently there's a Killua / Yupi diorama coming too. Awesome

I remember seeing similar black/white photos of the Netero/Meruem one, but I've actually never seen the full figure:

hunter_2000x.jpg

That's amazing!

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a figure person... but it might be hard to resist a Neferpitou one lol

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know I don't play that game lol. The video just shows her back to normal right after so that's what I assume.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Iirc, the 4th special is a transformation that lingers on for a while in all characters... gon has gon-san, Killua has godspeed, and Kurapika has emperor time. Biscuit probably has her absolute unit form

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Idk, i like the shorter burn, the succinctness of it makes kurapika feel more eloquent
I kinda wish the translator were out there (i.e., posted stuff on Twitter and whatnot) like some of the other official translators, but given how much of a freelance role this is compared to translating 40-50 chapters a year, I guess it makes sense that she isn't.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
It's been a long time since I caught up with HxH, is Ging still hyped as hell with his mysterious powers?

Is Hisoka alive?
Ging hasn't shown up in years. He's technically around but I doubt he gets involved until the current arc finishes... In about 10 years

Hisoka is alive and the current B plot is all about people trying to find & kill him

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
So then Killua has been gone for more than 5 years lol both him and Gon are now the new Kurapica/Leorio.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Meruem gets the award for being the first HxH character to appear in one of my dreams. Congrats.
shoutout to meruem for being the first hxh character to appear in one of my dreams
Twice in a row already?!

This reminds me of when I finished the '99 OVAs and read the Chimera Ant arc up to one of the earlier hiatus, which I thought was just the comic being cancelled at that point for some reason. I had one or two dreams where the story would finish with a nice ending (atleast it made sense in my sleeping mind), but then I'd wake up and feel super bummed about the actual comic being in hiatus hell

Situation's not too different now, but atleast I haven't had dreams giving me false hopes lately, lol

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Didn't know there was an interview between Togashi and Kuroko no Basket's author (from 2013).

Some choice bits:

Togashi: My responsibility now is as the first editor for Kuroko no Basket, right?
Fujimaki: That's right. From the time when I first handed in my manuscript for you to read, until my serialization and a little after that, you have been my editor for a while.
Togashi: Because of that, I read "Kuroko no Basket" quite happily every week.

Togashi: I love "Slam Dunk" a lot as well. I have written a list of "Interesting Books This Year" and pasted it in my studio, and after re-reading "Slam Dunk" a few days ago, it was added into my list without question (laugh). Especially during the second half of the series, the drawing style really improved a lot…

Fujimaki: After seeing the expressions of the characters that Togashi-sensei has drawn, the area that surprises me the most is the corner of the mouth. Kurapika for example would always have this kind of expression, where the corner of his mouth is always slanted upwards or downwards, but because the shift is very slight, it looks like he is smiling, but also expressionless at the same time. Is this intentional?
Togashi: It should be intentional. That is called an Archaic smile. I am insistent on drawing mysterious expressions that are a mix of different feelings. Also, when drawing these expressions, the corner of the mouth is the easiest area to handle.
[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaic_smile]

Are you happy when you draw the antagonistic characters?
Togashi: It's not that good when phrased in such an extreme manner, but if the antagonistic characters were killed, they don't have to appear anymore, right? (laugh) And if their period of appearance is very short, it is easier to pay more attention to the details of what they wear.

Togashi: After getting "Hunter × Hunter" serialized, one of my goals was to aim for a "long term serialization". When I thought about this, it meant I would need to create an extremely simplified protagonist. If I created a detailed character, when constructing the plot, it will become very troublesome. That is why I shifted my attention onto the antagonists. In the end, let the leader speak, and ignore the characters around him first. Then I would be able to decide on things like his ability, or who he should fight with. Then I develop it into an ability that no one has drawn before, or think about a new victory method.
Fujimaki: So it's like staying a step ahead of the readers…or something to that effect.
Togashi: If I implement it, it's as if I am casting away my readers. However, I do not wish to just create a beautiful story out of the existing things. Even though I am already over 40 years old, I do not wish to abandon my will to do crazy things (laugh). So I request that Fujimaki-sensei do some crazy things together with me as well, I'm looking forward to it!

Togashi: If the experiences that Fujimaki-sensei face accumulates, you will grasp the mechanics one day. I really like reports which say "how many votes would this kind of story get?" When your own opinion clashes with the surroundings, the reason is whether you are able to look at your own work objectively. Put away the stuff that you drew for half a day, then go back and look at it again, you will find that your opinion on it will change greatly. If you can maintain this, it might change into "even though I do not think so, but other people might find it interesting" that sort of thought.
Fujimaki: It sounds difficult…
Togashi: Because everyone's situation is different, so I cannot recommend such a method. Fujimaki-sensei is able to discuss with the people around you, that's the correct way. Previously, with my first editor, he actually graded a manuscript I thought to be 120 points as 55 points. But after I listened to his reasons, I was able to accept it immediately. To look at your own work objectively, it might take 2 to 3 days, so it's really harsh for a weekly publication. However, if you are able to learn how to correct things on your own, your ability as an author will go up.

Togashi: What do you do during your break?
Fujimaki: Mostly tying up any loose ends for any tasks I have, but when I do have free time, I will keep playing golf.
Togashi: Golf! I really want to see Fujimaki-sensei draw a manga about golf!
Fujimaki: I am also planning to draw one someday!

[Fujimaki would indeed go on to do a golf manga (Robot × Laserbeam), though it only lasted 62 chapters.]

For the both of you, what are your beliefs as mangaka?
Togashi: For me, it will only appear when I draw battle manga, which is the determination "to kill off the protagonist anytime" (laugh).
Fujimaki: Is that even a belief?
Togashi: "Even though it's the protagonist, but I cannot relax." I will always think that way. Even though it's an important character, but because I want to kill the character here, I will kill the character (laugh). This is what my first editor told me as well, "If it has impact, and the readers can accept it, then it is fine." The important thing is not abiding by the rules, but to break the current sense of security, that's how it is.

tumblr_inline_p6bqt4306K1u7qfor_540.gif

Togashi: If you go, they will tell you to voice a character, you know. In the 1999 "Hunter × Hunter" anime, I voiced the person who fell from the Trick Tower and got eaten by monster birds. Though I was OK-ed after one try that is (strained laugh).

Fujimaki: "This team is going to win anyway", even if the readers are able to guess the future developments, in order to come up with something more interesting, are there any tips to do so?
Togashi: In order to win, the protagonist loses something important, using this sort of method to create contradictions in the reader's heart is one of the ways. For example, it's something like this, the team member is going out with someone. However, after the main protagonist wins, the girlfriend dies, things like that. But don't ask me why she dies! (laugh).
Fujimaki: The antagonist is the girlfriend's brother…that sort of thing?
Togashi: Yep, but death is a little extreme (laugh). However, even if it's just a small thing, the protagonist wins but loses that something, it will become very sad… but this is only suited for people who can appreciate this sort of thing.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Togashi: "Even though it's the protagonist, but I cannot relax." I will always think that way. Even though it's an important character, but because I want to kill the character here, I will kill the character (laugh). This is what my first editor told me as well, "If it has impact, and the readers can accept it, then it is fine." The important thing is not abiding by the rules, but to break the current sense of security, that's how it is.
Rip Kurapika :(