• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
He's just above a side character, he'll be fine.

Togashi didn't have the guts to kill Yusuke a second time and won't kill any of the main characters.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
He's just above a side character, he'll be fine.

Togashi didn't have the guts to kill Yusuke a second time and won't kill any of the main characters.
Yeah, if anything, he has more of a track record of killing / pretty much killing major characters, and then bringing them back to life.
Yusuke, Genkai, Kite, Gon, Hisoka

But given both the point in the story and Togashi's own timeframe, it's undoubtedly Kurapika's last arc.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, if anything, he has more of a track record of killing / pretty much killing major characters, and then bringing them back to life.
Yusuke, Genkai, Kite, Gon, Hisoka

But given both the point in the story and Togashi's own timeframe, it's undoubtedly Kurapika's last arc.
All i hope is that he finds peace.
Really, i know that's wishful thinking but the alternatives are too grim :p

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
All i hope is that he finds peace.
Really, i know that's wishful thinking but the alternatives are too grim :p
I only hope he realizes the lateness of the hour. Can't have another arc ending (anticlimax is a little strong, but yeah) like in Yorknew.
And even if he plans to use the PT for a Gyro/Meteor City arc, who knows whether that will even happen given his schedule.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
lol, he's so similar to his wife

sailormoon.jpg

I'm putting my money on Kurapika getting royally fucked up, but still making it out alive, barely (carried back to his friends in the caring arms of Leorio)

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I only hope he realizes the lateness of the hour. Can't have another arc ending (anticlimax is a little strong, but yeah) like in Yorknew.
And even if he plans to use the PT for a Gyro/Meteor City arc, who knows whether that will even happen given his schedule.
I meant kurapika, not togashi... i'm expecting the whale to be the last kurapika arc but Dark continent might be massive, for the idea of introducing such a vast setting alone created the expectation of a long saga on itself...schedule was doomed the moment he chose to add that setting and tie nanika to it >_>, killua's arc was over and now it might not be lol

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Haha, that comic.
I meant kurapika, not togashi... i'm expecting the whale to be the last kurapika arc but Dark continent might be massive, for the idea of introducing such a vast setting alone created the expectation of a long saga on itself...schedule was doomed the moment he chose to add that setting and tie nanika to it >_>, killua's arc was over and now it might not be lol
Oh, I know. I just have this feeling that Togashi created this setup, and then will possibly not do as much as he could/should.

"Oh, Kurapika and the Troupe were on the boat together?

...and neither of them found out the whole time?! You don't say?!"

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
Is there ANY official recording of the electric guitar version of 'To Be Hunted' (it's the soundtrack that plays when Knov freaks out over the possibilities of what Pitou would do to him if caught.) I can't find it ANYWHERE on Youtube or otherwise. It's driving me up the wall.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Haha, that comic.

Oh, I know. I just have this feeling that Togashi created this setup, and then will possibly not do as much as he could/should.

"Oh, Kurapika and the Troupe were on the boat together?

...and neither of them found out the whole time?! You don't say?!"
Hahahahhaha kill me if that happens haha ;-; i didn't even think plot would go back to Kurapika tbh...

lol, he's so similar to his wife

sailormoon.jpg

I'm putting my money on Kurapika getting royally fucked up, but still making it out alive, barely (carried back to his friends in the caring arms of Leorio)
Oh, now i see why they're together

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I have a discord friend who watched HxH and said the Dark Continent reveal made him regret watching the show. Had me like wat

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Not feeling the face on Pitou considering this entire encounter she was basically shitting her pants.
Having her scared for komugi's/the king's life doesn't make a compelling statue, it's like telling a tale of old, are you going to be goddamn realistic and say it was a beatdown, or pretend it was a honorable fight so it gets more heroic? That's how i see it lol

But yeah the face was sculpted a bit strangely

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Having her scared for komugi's/the king's life doesn't make a compelling statue, it's like telling a tale of old, are you going to be goddamn realistic and say it was a beatdown, or pretend it was a honorable fight so it gets more heroic? That's how i see it lol

But yeah the face was sculpted a bit strangely

This would be like the Meruem Vs Netero statue and Netero looks like he forgot to pick up milk at the grocery store. At least make her look determined or something lol

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Buddy, you need new friends, maybe ones that watched the hunter exam arc and know hxh is partially about all that fauna shit

He didn't really like the show much overall so eh. He said what mainly stood out to him was Kurapika's arc and Gon's breakdown, to which he still was kinda hating on the latter thing. Was comparing that moment to Tokyo Ghoul which does that kind of breakdown better in his mind. Haven't seen it but I'll probably get to it soon.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
He didn't really like the show much overall so eh. He said what mainly stood out to him was Kurapika's arc and Gon's breakdown, to which he still was kinda hating on the latter thing. Was comparing that moment to Tokyo Ghoul which does that kind of breakdown better in his mind. Haven't seen it but I'll probably get to it soon.
I watched hxh up to the end of zoldyck arc with someone that wasn't feeling the anime, it was frustrating and i felt bad cause i made some friends go through that too :/

It's pretty sad liking a thing that's sort of an acquired taste, even though you know it is good

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I watched hxh up to the end of zoldyck arc with someone that wasn't feeling the anime, it was frustrating and i felt bad cause i made some friends go through that too :/

It's pretty sad liking a thing that's sort of an acquired taste, even though you know it is good

He watched it without my reccomendation so no guilt from me ayeee. I find this show hard to recommend since I don't think it gets particularly good until the spider arc.

I probably would have stopped earlier myself if I watched the 2011 version first.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
He watched it without my reccomendation so no guilt from me ayeee. I find this show hard to recommend since I don't think it gets particularly good until the spider arc.

I probably would have stopped earlier myself if I watched the 2011 version first.
2011 is awful to bring newcomers, even thoigh 99's pacing kinda sucks D:

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

Considering how terrible Tokyo Ghoul is you can probably just ignore their opinions if they thought it did anything well lol

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
2011 is awful to bring newcomers, even thoigh 99's pacing kinda sucks D:

I honestly didnt find the pacing to be particularly bad, at least when you watch it without perspective of the 2011 anime. In retrospect there are only a few episodes I'd remove/trim. Leorio's introduction mini arc thing probably could have been trimmed, and some other things.

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
Don't watch Tokyo Ghoul anime. It's the worst adaptation i've ever seen. Manga is pretty good tho.

Also i predict Togashi will return late june to replace Shokugeki no Souma

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly didnt find the pacing to be particularly bad, at least when you watch it without perspective of the 2011 anime. In retrospect there are only a few episodes I'd remove/trim. Leorio's introduction mini arc thing probably could have been trimmed, and some other things.
If you don't know the series is good, it can be soooo slow and hard to find the appeal, but when you know what happens nexts it's the most enjoyable thing ever lol
imagine thinking Tokyo Ghoul was better than HxH. Eww.

this thread being active got me excited - should have known better
My friend that dropped hxh thought mha was miles better than it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but he showed me space brothers so it's all forgiven

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I almost dropped HxH myself during the Exam arc (trick tower just sucks). The only reason I stuck with it was because of what I thought was a cool moment later in the series (but that turned out to be a completely different series, lmao)

Two other people I recommended the '11 anime to dropped it within 4 or so episodes. Another I showed bits of a random episode which turned out to be one from Greed Island and now he thinks the whole show is some "lame Yugioh shit" lol
I've pretty much stopped trying recommending it to people at this point.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I almost dropped HxH myself during the Exam arc (trick tower just sucks). The only reason I stuck with it was because of what I thought was a cool moment later in the series (but that turned out to be a completely different series, lmao)

Two other people I recommended the '11 anime to dropped it within 4 or so episodes. Another I showed bits of a random episode which turned out to be one from Greed Island and now he thinks the whole show is some "lame Yugioh shit" lol
I've pretty much stopped trying recommending it to people at this point.
I had the most success with people that like rpgs and/or watched the 99 series but neber finished it... i started from 99 episode 30 because of the zoldyck saga

Love trick tower though :p

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I usually only recommend HxH to people who have good taste in anime. Yeah I know's not fair to say as there are legitimate criticisms of the adaptation and the series in general but I find a lot of people don't like the series or dropped it for really inane reasons. If you're enjoying shit like SAO or Tokyo Ghoul then there is a good chance you're not gonna like HxH as everything those series do "right", HxH goes out of its way to do "wrong".

Oct 26, 2017
I usually only recommend HxH to people who have good taste in anime. Yeah I know's not fair to say as there are legitimate criticisms of the adaptation and the series in general but I find a lot of people don't like the series or dropped it for really inane reasons. If you're enjoying shit like SAO or Tokyo Ghoul then there is a good chance you're not gonna like HxH as everything those series do "right", HxH goes out of its way to do "wrong".

Yep I feel like HxH and OPM are best recommended to people who've already watched a lot of others. They both riff off of popular themes in the medium but treat them differently.

Oct 25, 2017
I pretty much only recommend it if a person is into anime, but wants something different. I definitely tell them it's a bit slower than stuff like Naruto. If they like it fine if they don't whatever. If they like it I recommend Jojo. I pretty much consider HxH an alternate universe Jojo where the BS powers are governed by a higher form of logic.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yep I feel like HxH and OPM are best recommended to people who've already watched a lot of others. They both riff off of popular themes in the medium but treat them differently.
Hunter is a hard sell even for OPM fans... i risk it on fma fans and most people gonna still think you're entitled when pointing out hxh's highlights

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
My friend's anime tastes

Crazy about: MHA, FMA, OPM S1, Tokyo Ghoul, One Peice

Like/love: fairy tale, kino's journey, promised never land, avatar tla

Ok: Black Clover, Hxh

Dislikes: Naruto, SAO (since someone mentioned that), The Dragon Prince (lol),

He's seen a ton of things but this is what came to the top of my head. Just thought I'd provide it since you guys were trying to find some consistency in terms of people's tastes in regards to HxH

Oct 25, 2017
My friend's anime tastes

Crazy about: MHA, FMA, OPM S1, Tokyo Ghoul, One Peice

Like/love: fairy tale, kino's journey, promised never land, avatar tla

Ok: Black Clover, Hxh

Dislikes: Naruto, SAO (since someone mentioned that), The Dragon Prince (lol),

He's seen a ton of things but this is what came to the top of my head. Just thought I'd provide it since you guys were trying to find some consistency in terms of people's tastes in regards to HxH
*Sees Fairy Tale* Filthy Ningen intensifies.