• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I can see where Rewrite is coming from a little. The instantaneous shift from a little smile to "that", the framing more zoomed in so it's hard to tell whether that thing is even human.

But the small panel and zoom in also work against, and seeing the transition in the anime is nice. Could go either way for me.

wkU658U.png

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I pretty much had an idea this wasn't for kids when I saw Uvogin bite off half of a head. I was fine until Chimera Ant Arc recharged the "shit be fucked" batteries with Ponzu and with Pokkle getting one seriously fucked up death. Like seriously, that shit is fucked.
The fucking interrogation of pokkle's head in the poorly drawn pages of weekly shonen jump still haunt me.

Fuck, i loved Ponzu :(

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, she had that skill, idk if she used pheromones or stuff but she probably couldn't even see what pokkle was doing when he shot stuff

Anyone with a hatsu would have passed the hunter exam imo
Ponzu tried again on that day that Killua showed up and bodied everybody.
It could be like Killua's hands
His assassination techniques come from a lot of training. Friendly reminder that Feitan can do that too I believe.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Ponzu tried again on that day that Killua showed up and bodied everybody.
Killua passed that by just using basic aura, if someone could have stopped him they would... Ponzu had no way to defend herself because she'd need to know nen to defend herself, every nen user keeps a healthy amount of aura up at all times because of these sneak attacks xD

Oct 25, 2017
Killua passed that by just using basic aura, if someone could have stopped him they would... Ponzu had no way to defend herself because she'd need to know nen to defend herself, every nen user keeps a healthy amount of aura up at all times because of these sneak attacks xD
Lol so none of them even knew basic Nen then. I keep forgetting that that was before Killua even learned his basic electric attacks.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Lol so none of them even knew basic Nen then. I keep forgetting that that was before Killua even learned his basic electric attacks.
He knew a bit i think, but he just wanted to take it easy. They said there were a lot of years where only 1-2 peopl passed the hunter exam, then would come a class that would certificate 10ish promising would out of nowhere, i believe that's cause whoever didnt pass in the good year just comes back and tompa their way in haha

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I mean more supernatural from our perspective. Though the pheromone thing probably makes sense for her. They probably think she's the queen bee or something.

Don't know where I draw the line at "supernatural" but hardening your hands into a sharp weapon is definitely passed it lol.

I feel this is partly helps justfiy a world like this when hardly any normal person knows of "nen". It would make sense that they are aware that some people are capable of using weird abilities without knowing explicitly about "Nen", as opposed to those people just being ignorant of those kind of abilities altogether.

Last edited:

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Ponzu at least had some knowledge of nen. When she sends her bees with the message of help she tells them to find a hunter with a strong aura.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Ponzu at least had some knowledge of nen. When she sends her bees with the message of help she tells them to find a hunter with a strong aura.
Yeah, she was probably starting the training just now

If killua attacked using aura he might have initiated a lot of people, thinking about it now

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think he even used aura lol

He could have cleaned the exam the first time too using the same tactic (except for Illumi and Hisoka).
The second time Killua didn't exactly have the time to play fairly. So he just fucking washed them so he could get back to Greed Island.
Tonpa is there every year lol

Killua capabilities at the start of the show were crazy, he was only missing nen at that point. Hunter exam was like child's play for him.
Most of Heaven's Arena was child's play for him as well. Killua is fucking stronk, He just got stronger when you taught him Nen.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
The second time Killua didn't exactly have the time to play fairly. So he just fucking washed them so he could get back to Greed Island.

Most of Heaven's Arena was child's play for him as well. Killua is fucking stronk, He just got stronger when you taught him Nen.
It's funny cause he was often sorta jealous of gon's potential when he himself was a powerhouse with some fucked up inferiority complex

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny cause he was often sorta jealous of gon's potential when he himself was a powerhouse with some fucked up inferiority complex
Killua is pretty much stronger than Gon until Gon-san. They both have massive pools of potential, just Gon has I guess more basic potential and Killua has more versatility, but more limited aura pools and range. I honestly would just prefer to be Killua. Dude's going to be deadly as fuck before he hits his 20's.
Heavens Arena for Killua was like playing a game as a kid till the final boss and then coming back later for the post-game hard dungeon.
The only people Killua can't body are the floor masters I'm assuming.

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Killua is pretty much stronger than Gon until Gon-san. They both have massive pools of potential, just Gon has I guess more basic potential and Killua has more versatility, but more limited aura pools and range. I honestly would just prefer to be Killua. Dude's going to be deadly as fuck before he hits his 20's.

The only people Killua can't body are the floor masters I'm assuming.

The point from my perspective is how scary Gon is while still being so green, because Killua and the fucked up training from his family is anything but. I sort of have the impression that by relying on his instincts and basic strength, he functioned on a level roughly approximate to Killua by the end of Heaven's Arena, which is decidedly scary in its own way. And I guess it's also why they work so well as foils to each other.

Oct 25, 2017
The point from my perspective is how scary Gon is while still being so green, because Killua and the fucked up training from his family is anything but. I sort of have the impression that by relying on his instincts and basic strength, he functioned on a level roughly approximate to Killua by the end of Heaven's Arena, which is decidedly scary in its own way. And I guess it's also why they work so well as foils to each other.
Yeah Gon is definitely more survival instinct and Killua is a lot more cunning. They're perfect fighting foils, Killua is quite efficient while Gon has to take some knocks before he figures a fight out.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Put this together a couple months ago, but I'd forgotten one. Spoilers for JoJo Parts 3 and 5.

Sorry for that confusing layout and all the white space. :p

0z8aFWx.jpg

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Put this together a couple months ago, but I'd forgotten one. Spoilers for JoJo Parts 3 and 5.

Sorry for that confusing layout and all the white space. :p

0z8aFWx.jpg
There's also a purple haze feedback stand (voo doo child = punchterrogation) and Morel's hatsu has a skill called purple haze iirc lol