• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017

Yes

I shall Jaded sama 🙏

Maybe HxH will be halfway close to coming back by the time you finish

Speaking of HxH, does anyone else watch this show as if Yusuke is lowkey Gon's dad. Design evokes similar feelings. (And he's wearing Gon's clothes)

Also seeing more things that kishi copped from Togashi. Sasuke is like 4 togashi characters in one.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of HxH, does anyone else watch this show as if Yusuke is lowkey Gon's dad. Design evokes similar feelings. (And he's wearing Gon's clothes)

I watched YYH long before coming across HxH, I don't really see it as far as personality goes, unless you just mean the design

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Also seeing more things that kishi copped from Togashi. Sasuke is like 4 togashi characters in one.
Yeah, from their interview:

Kishimoto: I was already a big fan of Hiei back when I was only a reader, but I've also took him as a source of inspiration when I started creating my characters, At first I wasn't able to create a "cool" character, I didn't know where to begin so I studied one of my favorite characters: Hiei, and I succeeded in creating Sasuke, the Sharingan as well as some of his other techniques were inspired by him.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yes

I shall Jaded sama 🙏

YYH has a lot of similarities to hxh, honestly, it's a nice way to see how togashi grew as a writer

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
I need to get back to YYH too, left it halfway through.
I have a feeling im gonna like this Chapter Black arc.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I'd seen some of the more infamous magazine/volume comparisons, when he was still trying to maintain some semblance of a weekly schedule, but looking at more and more of them. Whew.

Mmsr3LO.png

VEHLstu.png

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
The episode where he first fights Hiei (or however you spell that), and the one where he's fighting his tourney opponent in the dark room.
Ah yeah. Just classic backing someone into a corner/threatening their friends/what doesn't kill you makes you stronger/etc. And to be fair, he won both those fights in the end by using strategy, so it wasn't too bad.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Just a little tiny thing that I HATE compared to the original. The Gotoh coin toss shit in the original actually makes it possible for the viewer to guess, which is cool. In the remake, it's just impossible.

Random observation. The room that Yusuke and them do the first round of fights after they run through the forest, evokes similar vibes to the room that hisoka vs Kurapika happens in the og anime. The director seems like he was taking inspiration from it.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Togashi has common sense, he probably figured out this kid was too good to not appear again
Found it! Kishimoto says: "And, of course, I was blown away by Hiei. Sasuke is very much influenced by him. I imagined Hiei while drawing Sasuke in the early days." And then:

e4zx8Qe.png

xrnhzYd.png

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Togashi's taking his fucking time. Damn I thought we would have had chapters months ago.
I posted this on the subreddit, but it's entirely possible that history could repeat itself.

2007: 10 chapters
2008: 20 chapters (in 2 batches)
2009: 0 chapters
2010: 20 chapters (in 1 batch at the beginning of the year) [Chapters 291-310]

2017: 10 chapters
2018: 20 chapters (in 2 batches)
2019: 0 chapters (???)
2020: 20 chapters (in 1 batch at the beginning of the year) [Chapters 391-410] (???)

I'd prefer him to at least do 10 this year, but yeah, people we're thinking he'd be back in March/April after that storyboard comment. :P

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao you didnt even see the magazine version of it
Not that page, no, but I've seen the worst of the Chimera ants stuff posted before.

Since the end of the election arc I must say the average page is pretty decent with some looking bad and others looking as good as anything from Berserk, especially some of the cosmic horror or that one hyper detailed cockroach he did.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing Togashi just hangs the pages of each chapter on a dart board one at time and whichever panel he hits gets the most work.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Not that page, no, but I've seen the worst of the Chimera ants stuff posted before.

Since the end of the election arc I must say the average page is pretty decent with some looking bad and others looking as good as anything from Berserk, especially some of the cosmic horror or that one hyper detailed cockroach he did.
That chapter was the only one poorly drawn after the election arc ended... it was literally just the storyboards of the chapter, mid CA level tier

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
For that panel from 339? No difference between magazine and volume there.

But yeah, he got tendinitis during that 30 chapter stretch, and 337 took the brunt of it.
I dont remember seeing any face clear in that chapter im afraid, unless im mistaking it for another chapter

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah i went back to check, turns out i was mistaking some of it for greed island's ending

But it is weird, i swear i remember"the series ending" not being as polished as i remembered the first time i read it :/ the chapter with Kite and the coala talk, should be 337

tumblr_inline_phu0tguz3q1tk589m_500.png

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah i went back to check, turns out i was mistaking some of it for greed island's ending

But it is weird, i swear i remember"the series ending" not being as polished as i remembered the first time i read it :/ the chapter with Kite and the coala talk, should be 337
Yup. He made sure to put more time into 339, and probably felt that 337 was one he could leave unfinished. Though I'm still surprised it was the only chapter he didn't touch up for the volume release. Burned out, I guess.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yup. He made sure to put more time into 339, and probably felt that 337 was one he could leave unfinished. Though I'm still surprised it was the only chapter he didn't touch up for the volume release. Burned out, I guess.
It's been 7 years since i read that... i remember that chapter seeming like a great way to finish the series and then A WILD CONTINENT APPEARS AAAAAAA