• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Oh yeah, the whole build up to the deeper levels of the demon realm, and how they only rule like half of the first floor when there are like an infinite/unknown amount of depth with stronger demons the deeper you go, reminds me of how Togashi built up the Dark Continent.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Nope I'm at the game master part
Ah ok. Was just gonna let you know that you're nearing where his health (both mental and physical) reached its breaking point.

RezBlLM.png

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Yu Yu Hakusho trolled me!!

all that sick build up in the last arc only for it to shift into a tournament arc? I mean it could be cool anyway but I wish they had went more toward a war/espionage route

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yu Yu Hakusho trolled me!!

all that sick build up in the last arc only for it to shift into a tournament arc? I mean it could be cool anyway but I wish they had went more toward a war/espionage route
Yep, thats what happens when you got a brilliant writer and wont let him do his thing(or almost kills him during writing lol

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing about Three Kings specifically, but you can read his final reflections here:

Bro this guy really is Gon. Even at the end with his apology it really hit me lmao.

Well it definitely shows in the work. I thought the latter third or so of the Sensui arc started going downhill. It had such a great start. But it also sounds like hell what he was going through so highkey good for him that he got out of that when he could.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
More random comparisons.

HxH and YYH both described energy powered attacks as "being hit by a hammer" early on. In HxH is was when Gon was fighting the dude with the spinning tops. In YYH, I think it was one of the early fights of the Dark Tournament?

Kurama's sinning tree thing, and that one calamity in HxH sound similar.

On a side note, the Demon World in HxH kinda gives me an idea of how the Dark Contienent could be like (if we ever get there). Though the Dark Continent seems way more afflicted with these strange dangers, as opposed to the Demon World which just seems dangerous because there's a lot of killers basically lol.

Last edited:

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Bro this guy really is Gon. Even at the end with his apology it really hit me lmao.

Well it definitely shows in the work. I thought the latter third or so of the Sensui arc started going downhill. It had such a great start. But it also sounds like hell what he was going through so highkey good for him that he got out of that when he could.
Yeah, he just wanted it to be done. Here's the last page from the manga. :p

sBF2n6I.png
On a side note, the Demon World in HxH kinda gives me an idea of how the Dark Contienent could be like (if we ever get there). Though the Dark Continent seems way more afflicted with these strange dangers, as opposed to the Demon World which just seems dangerous because there's a lot of killers basically lol.
I recommended it earlier, but check out Hell's Paradise: Jigokuraku if you want some DC vibes (all chapters up on MangaPlus).

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, he just wanted it to be done. Here's the last page from the manga. :p

sBF2n6I.png

I recommended it earlier, but check out Hell's Paradise: Jigokuraku if you want some DC vibes (all chapters up on MangaPlus).

bruh... I'm sure he's learned enough from Yusuke not to be serious about that.

But he's still yet to learn lessons about pride from Gon. Just let other people draw your manga goddamnit. This is why he's been written out of the story smh

Yeah that manga has been in my mind since you've mentioned it before. Not sure how interested I am in a whole story that's just about that kind of land. The DC feels so monumental, mindblowing and scary af to me because of the status quo and worldbuilding that HxH has had built up before that point.

I do want to check out level E though.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Level E is peak togashi.
Yup. And those volume comments too, heh.

bruh... I'm sure he's learned enough from Yusuke not to be serious about that.

But he's still yet to learn lessons about pride from Gon. Just let other people draw your manga goddamnit. This is why he's been written out of the story smh

Yeah that manga has been in my mind since you've mentioned it before. Not sure how interested I am in a whole story that's just about that kind of land. The DC feels so monumental, mindblowing and scary af to me because of the status quo and worldbuilding that HxH has had built up before that point.

I do want to check out level E though.
Pride, indeed. Though aggravating, it's respectable.

One of his assistants on YYH actually did a little series about his time working for him, and this little exchange with his editor shows it all really.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

One of his assistants on YYH actually did a little series about his time working for him, and this little exchange with his editor shows it all really.
Forget the volumes, he just explained all of his toughy process... INSIDE THE DAMN CHAPTER

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017

Id even k if I'd call it that at this point with the amount of hell he'd have to put himself through to keep doing it. He needs to let go imo

AoM

Oct 31, 2017

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
"This wont do well in a shonen magazine, also it's too long, make it less than thirty pages, and add some fights to it idk"
"Nah, i'm good"
Yeah, and the fact that it was a monthly series running in Weekly Shonen Jump lol.

One of its chapters was actually in the same issue that Yu-Gi-Oh premiered. And look who's also on the cover!

Eh3GaCV.jpg

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
With all the JoJo connections in the current arc, I am curious how much he continues this. I imagine Halkenburg's arrow has a big role to play.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
With all the JoJo connections in the current arc, I am curious how much he continues this. I imagine Halkenburg's arrow has a big role to play.
I swear if he does the requiem arrow i'll freak out(In a fangirl kind of way)
I forgot how good Togashi's writing was, I'm in love with this lil madness i'm reading

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
T Sandwich is going to get like 5 nen beasts and have all the major Jojo villain stands. Reverse time, stop time, predict and alter the future and maybe even resetting the universe. He'll make Meruem look like a chump. He'll also become a vampire. He'll also turn Theta into his gimp.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
T Sandwich is going to get like 5 nen beasts and have all the major Jojo villain stands. Reverse time, stop time, predict and alter the future and maybe even resetting the universe. He'll make Meruem look like a chump. He'll also become a vampire. He'll also turn Theta into his gimp.
oh boy bites the dust in hxh...

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Knowing Togashi it will be based on people trying to learn his Nen ability instead of Kira's hidden identity. Then everyone gets skinned and mutilated and the day restarts over again.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
terrorsandwich resets the universe, but one of the side effects is gon's nen has regenerated. Gon then punches him and beats him.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
They just tell Gon that T. Sandwich turned Killua into a lamp and Gon will turn 80 and sink the entire Black Whale with a single punch.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Dammit, now I want this to happen.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Smh I need to actually read these chapters instead of skimming some of them so I can know what the fuck yall are talking about

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Yes! At this point, I'm so used to seeing people say they're so confused, and then they follow this with the fact that they've been skimming/skipping text entirely. :P

FakeRichBushbaby-size_restricted.gif

I can check the official translation if you need anything clarified.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I never claim to be reading it right. I knew exactly what I was doing.

I did actually read some chapters, mostly ones before all the ship stuff starts. Then I skimmed a bunch just to kinda see where it was going.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Im aware I never claimed to be reading it right. I knew exactly what I was doing.

I did actually read some chapters, mostly ones before all the ship stuff starts. Then I skimmed a bunch just to kinda see where it was going.
At least read the cheat sheets people made for the charavters and factions lol

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I never claim to be reading it right. I knew exactly what I was doing.

Though tbh, I'd probably wait till when Viz (hopefully) adds the chapters to the vault. See below for some comparison pics.

lol he gonna have a hard time during the "Predator" pages.
I think I'm gonna start putting together some of the more egregious panels/pages. :p