• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Tbf most were given to me by my veterans xD
Dang, you guys got 36 before we got 35 lol.

Viz's redrawing of sound effects is the main culprit, I guess.
im not sure 36 has been out yet, i don't have that volume so i assume it's not xD, i just know that once it launches i'll have it for free lol

Edit: we have it but i missed it, girl that gave me the volumes only had 33-34 :(

Dang, Viz is taking their time huh? 36 came out so long ago here i even forgot it >_>

Last edited:

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm gonna start putting together some of the more egregious panels/pages. :p

To be honest i kinda like the fan translation, sometimes when viz reduces the text some stuff get cut to make room which I don't really like.

Its the cut text important? Probably not, but i kinda like it. Just make sure not to go too crazy lol like sometimes the big text even block the background.

But imagine those Predator scenes with voice acting over this song:

That song would loop like 3 times before the guy stops talking.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
To be honest i kinda like the fan translation, sometimes when viz reduces the text some stuff get cut to make room which I don't really like.

Its the cut text important? Probably not, but i kinda like it. Just make sure not to go too crazy lol like sometimes the big text even block the background.
There are definitely some bits where you can tell Viz cared more about the text fitting nicely in the bubble than about getting the most accurate translation.

But overall, the fan translation can be so circuitous and confusing with how it tries to convey things sometimes. And then you look at the official and go, "Oh, that's what they meant." And even beyond that, sometimes the way they put things can come across so stilted, e.g.:

tsduGtZ.png

Oof...

I'm just glad mangaplus is thing now, and that now there's no reason not to read the official once it releases (and hopefully Viz adds all the chapters to the vault, too).

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just glad mangaplus is thing now, and that now there's no reason not to read the official once it releases (and hopefully Viz adds all the chapters to the vault, too).

The fact that mangaplus is an entity that exists makes me really happy. On top of that, when the official release makes itself available for consumption, people will have no excuse to avoid acquanting themselves with it. (We can only hold out hope that Viz takes all of the chapters they have, and places them into the vaultatorio as well)

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Im starting to think we won't get any action this year, Togashi gave us a taste too early this time.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Im starting to think we won't get any action this year, Togashi gave us a taste too early this time.
Posted it a couple weeks ago, but I'm fairly sure this is what'll happen. But if he comes back for 10 this year, I'd be happy to be wrong.

2007: 10 chapters
2008: 20 chapters (in 2 batches)
2009: 0 chapters
2010: 20 chapters (in 1 batch at the beginning of the year) [Chapters 291-310]

2017: 10 chapters
2018: 20 chapters (in 2 batches)
2019: 0 chapters (???)
2020: 20 chapters (in 1 batch at the beginning of the year) [Chapters 391-410] (???)

Also, my official prediction for the Vol. 37 cover is something featuring Tserriednich.

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
2007: 10 chapters
2008: 20 chapters (in 2 batches)
2009: 0 chapters
2010: 20 chapters (in 1 batch at the beginning of the year) [Chapters 291-310]

Pretty sure Togashi returned in late 2009 for the 291-310 batch

Edit: It seems chapter 291 was released in December '09 so I guess it can be counted as 2010

Last edited:

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
Last edited:

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Jump releases issue #1 of a new year at november of the previous year. That is why this weeks issue is also listed as having released in august 12

If Togashi returns this december it will be counted as 2020 by Jump even though it is technically 2019.
You're right that the first issue of a new year comes out earlier than usual, but it's usually not November. Normally early December. So for the first issue of 2010, December 7, 2009.

The August 12 thing is something else entirely. It's to ensure that buyers don't see an old date (in this case, July 29) on the issue after a couple days, and then don't buy it.

For HxH 291 and the issue it was in (2010, #5/6), the in-store date was apparently January 4, 2010.

So even going by the actual year, it wasn't until 2010.

As for returning in December, it's something he's never done since he started taking longer breaks, so I imagine at that point, he would just wait until the new year (the actual one, not Jump's :P).

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I let Viz know about it, but for some reason they made this small change in the volume version, thereby (accidentally) referring to Bisky as a man.

Rrrw1JT.png

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised kurapikas nen teacher went with him on that voyage after all that warning he was giving him about revenge and shit

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how many people killed themselves after being constantly pestered regarding their available free time.

At some point you could have:

- Stick creature;
- Some kinda mouth smoke creature;
- Mouse creature;

All around you just attached and annoying you, especially that mouse who just doesn't shut up.