• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
I hope the next chapter is Chrollo kicking everyone's arse because he absolutely can.

<- Chrollo Fan

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Credit to someone on mangahelpers for finding this.

Looks like Togashi and Takeuchi were at a cheese shop back in April (or around then, anyway).

8SpqRtY.png

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not even a fan of Takeuchi but her autograph is so cool. Togashi really hit the jackpot.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had a feeling in my gut about that.... The picture in the tweet only showed half of the image where the dates were. It reminded me of that promo image of Kurapika that was used last year to promote a return or new volume.

Edit: It was this image with the top half showing his face cut off

iEphEF.jpg

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Literally the second time people have done that with the pic from last year.

Early 2020 is still what I'm expecting.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Was browsing the chapters that MangaPlus has, and in 389, having recently finished JoJo Part 6, surely not a coincidence, right? Especially from Sixth Prince Tyson.

He just can't help himself, Mariip lol.

"This" vs. "What a", but still pretty damn close. Would be curious to see if the Japanese is the same.

DD6IT85.png

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Was browsing the chapters that MangaPlus has, and in 389, having recently finished JoJo Part 6, surely not a coincidence, right? Especially from Sixth Prince Tyson.

He just can't help himself, Mariip lol.

"This" vs. "What a", but still pretty damn close. Would be curious to see if the Japanese is the same.

DD6IT85.png
OH COME ON
I wish i could check it for you but the chapters in sj+ are currently locked >:(

But after deep purple, silent majority and the like i just don't doubt he's trying to turn this into jojo.

Man, even the structure of hxh is jojo like lmao

I wonder why isnt tsendrich the fifth prince :p

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
OH COME ON
I wish i could check it for you but the chapters in sj+ are currently locked >:(

But after deep purple, silent majority and the like i just don't doubt he's trying to turn this into jojo.

Man, even the structure of hxh is jojo like lmao

I wonder why isnt tsendrich the fifth prince :p
Found it, and I'm not really sure. No, I guess? lol

poQqydo.png

And apparently the number 4 has associations with death in Japanese (the words sound the same)?
I mean Sticky Fingers is in HxH. It's obvious that this is just logic driven Jojo at this point.
Still hoping for that fanboy interview one of these days.

Oct 25, 2017

poQqydo.png

And apparently the number 4 has associations with death in Japanese (the words sound the same)?

"Every time I read Jojo, I realize that I love it. But after so many years I realized that I'd love it even more if I applied logic to your stand based powers, so I went back and picked out my favorite Jojo stands and wrote them in a way that actually makes some god damn sense. So now I can keep my love for Jojo, but now the fan base can love and appreciate a King Crimson that actually logically makes sense."

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Togashi's version of "That's bullshit, but I believe it" will go on for 3 chapters as he extensively details said bullshit with graphs and charts.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

poQqydo.png

It's onw word position away from being a Twewy reference tbh
(素晴らしきこの世界)

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean in the last chapter he gave some.one gold experience's powers and I'm ok with that

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
It's onw word position away from being a Twewy reference tbh
(素晴らしきこの世界)
Doing a little more searching, it looks like it can indeed mean "What a Wonderful World", e.g., the Louis Armstrong song: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/この素晴らしき世界

And that may be the bigger reference given:

Q8V59fA.png

I mean in the last chapter he gave some.one gold experience's powers and I'm ok with that
I'll definitely be on the lookout for how he references that further.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
So I enjoy watching people's reactions to the big episodes of HxH like 126 and 131 among others and just saw another streamer got to 131 and his reactions were pretty great.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Finished Parasyte recently. Can definitely see influence on Chimera Ant. Also, Youpi.

hDxKzDR.png

tRBZyoZ.png

Picked up some Junji Ito as well. I knew Togashi was a fan of him, so these are great to see.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Genuine question for the thread:
Would you be OK if Toshagi decided to fully complete the rest of the series as novels?
Hypothetically, Toshagi announces he's doing this and gives a guarantee to complete the series as a wealth of prose novels with the light novel elements of character designs illustrated at the starting pages of the book and with the only other illustrations being on the covers and a handful of inserts in each chapter depicting a scene relevant to the chapter's events. All the illustrations and writing would be done by him of course and the distribution would be similar to the Viz model of releasing the Japanese and English volumes near-simultaneously with a 1-2 month gap. Also his estimate would be that the volumes would be biyearly. Would you keep up with and buy Hunter x Hunter still with such a drastic change to the format?

So I enjoy watching people's reactions to the big episodes of HxH like 126 and 131 among others and just saw another streamer got to 131 and his reactions were pretty great.

LOL I haven't watched Roger's Base in a while and I'm just now finding out about his HxH reactions. I watch a lot of HxH and general anime reactions as well. Particularly like seeing the reactions to Gon v Hisoka as well as Meruem & Komugi's final Gungi game.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Would you be OK if Toshagi decided to fully complete the rest of the series as novels?
Hypothetically, Toshagi announces he's doing this and gives a guarantee to complete the series as a wealth of prose novels with the light novel elements of character designs illustrated at the starting pages of the book and with the only other illustrations being on the covers and a handful of inserts in each chapter depicting a scene relevant to the chapter's events. All the illustrations and writing would be done by him of course and the distribution would be similar to the Viz model of releasing the Japanese and English volumes near-simultaneously with a 1-2 month gap. Also his estimate would be that the volumes would be biyearly. Would you keep up with and buy Hunter x Hunter still with such a drastic change to the format?

LOL I haven't watched Roger's Base in a while and I'm just now finding out about his HxH reactions. I watch a lot of HxH and general anime reactions as well. Particularly like seeing the reactions to Gon v Hisoka as well as Meruem & Komugi's final Gungi game.
I only wouldn't because there would be no way they'd get released in my country so people would never see the end to it here, at least legally. I'd rather have him hire an artist to do the panels

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I'd of course still support the series, but even as wordy as some parts of the current arc have gotten, I just don't see Togashi doing that. And as Mariip said, I'd much rather see him team up with an artist (though this is also unlikely).

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017