• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
One person's power is to get killed by people so her giant Cat Stand can then devour said killer and resurrect her as well as another lady who turns your life into a veritable videogame RPG. The powers on the Black Whale are all kinds of crazy.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
One person's power is to get killed by people so her giant Cat Stand can then devour said killer and resurrect her as well as another lady who turns your life into a veritable videogame RPG. The powers on the Black Whale are all kinds of crazy.

I forgot Morena hatsu, that shit is crazy.

Yup, which makes for a cooler saga imo lol

For sure, i even forgot Benjamim baton hatsu which is probably my favourite in the boat.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Since you didn't want to derail the other thread (though it wasn't that much of a derail). Just be wary of manga spoilers above.
A bomb triggered by netero, end result is the same he lost. All that power and did nothing but sit in the same area waiting for an event that went nowhere. It just highlights how poor the arc was.

At this point maybe I should start a new thread, going kinda off topic here.
Yeah, it's like it was interrupted, or something.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Yea it was interrupted, still doesn't change my point. All that build up for nothing, didn't get to see him do anything of worth. Judging by how many years have gone by since the series I don't think I'll get to see the rest animated so I can get some closure. Guess I gotta read the manga.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Yea it was interrupted, still doesn't change my point. All that build up for nothing, didn't get to see him do anything of worth. Judging by how many years have gone by since the series I don't think I'll get to see the rest animated so I can get some closure. Guess I gotta read the manga.
It just feels like you're judging the arc based on what it didn't do, rather than what it actually did. Of course that'll lead to disappointment.

And assuming he gets far enough with the manga, it'll be animated for sure one of these days. Just not very soon.
Damn I was expecting some releases by now Togashi.
Been saying early next year for a while now. :p And funnily enough, he still hasn't gone the average hiatus length yet.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, it was a good build up, but the fight only shows how strong meruem is that the best fighter of humankind couldn't beat him. Netero got a good fight, that's what he wanted and he's at peace, but he didn't go there to fight, he was an executioner. The end result of that confrontation was set in stone for the start but he felt the need to pay his respects for his adversary because he was formidable, that's how i see it. It's sad, doesn't feel like a victory, and it's a message of how ruthless mankind can be, maybe in a few year Meruem could have changed his mind and become a decent creature, maybe he'd go worse and take over the world, but the HA didn't want to take chances so they just blew it up, that's how i see it.

Honestly when i first read it it felt a bit anti climatic but looking back I don't see netero 'winning' that fight in any other way but by being utterly defeated, he did do plenty during the course of his life so it wasn't all for nothing

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I just wanna re-highlight Togashi's interest in conveying a MINDBLOWING SCALE.

With the Dark Continent and the Demon Realm in YYH

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
7ro8zjl5j6p31.jpg

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I just finished watching the anime and I am dumbstruck how good it was. Every single arc was amazing. It's crazy I watched 148 episodes and still want more. 125/126 and 131 left me speechless. While I could be content with 148 being the canon end you can't drop that bombshell and not want to see more, there's still so much to explore with this show.

I don't even know what to watch now to follow up this show. FMA? JoJo? Something else?

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I just finished watching the anime and I am dumbstruck how good it was. Every single arc was amazing. It's crazy I watched 148 episodes and still want more. 125/126 and 131 left me speechless. While I could be content with 148 being the canon end you can't drop that bombshell and not want to see more, there's still so much to explore with this show.

I don't even know what to watch now to follow up this show. FMA? JoJo? Something else?
Either would work. Still need to watch FMA myself.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

Both are great, make sure fma is FMA:brotherhood

If you wanna see togashi just going nuts, watch level E
Either would work. Still need to watch FMA myself.
....what are you waiting for lol

Oct 25, 2017
Both are great, make sure fma is FMA:brotherhood

If you wanna see togashi just going nuts, watch level E

....what are you waiting for lol
You kind of sort of have to watch the first half of the original series and then watch Brotherhood...probably from the beginning all over again. Brotherhood skips over the train arc, which is actually canon and brought up again I think towards the middle of Brotherhood.

Just watch both.

Oct 26, 2017
When I got my friend to watch FMA I did originally try and do a sort of sequence that fit in the bits from the original series, but ended up just scrapping the idea and getting them to just watch Brotherhood. The pacing is so much better, although I miss the OST from the original series.

Oct 25, 2017
When I got my friend to watch FMA I did originally try and do a sort of sequence that fit in the bits from the original series, but ended up just scrapping the idea and getting them to just watch Brotherhood. The pacing is so much better, although I miss the OST from the original series.
I miss full on creepy Shou Tucker the most to be honest, but Brotherhood is so good.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They both have their pros and cons that I'd still recommend watching both of them

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, if you only have time to watch one, go for brotherhood, the old one is so different and darker, it's more of a cult classic than a battle shonen(despite the badass fights)

I watched the first and then read the manga because that's how long it took until someone lent me the volumes(and i emded up buying them volumes anyway, good stuff)

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Togashi getting my tight with his unwillingness to hand over main artiest duties. Kishimoto got 2 of goons doing series for him. Somethings gotta give or it's never gonna end. Bleh. I really thought this year would be a step forward, not back.