• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I fuckin guarantee that Illumi is there because Hisoka blackmailed him, that he'd hunt down Alluka if he didn't fight him or something like that. Just wouldn't make much sense with Illumi's characterization otherwise, like why would Illumi even care about what Hisoka wants? It helps that Hisoka is one of the only non-Zoldyck/Butler characters that know about Nanika. It helps that Mizai implied the Zoldycks are up to something, some ulterior motive... even Machi has got that "Yeah, you're definitely up to something look"
Illumi's definitely a conniving crazy mofo so there's something up with him being there that's for sure.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Just wouldn't make much sense with Illumi's characterization otherwise, like why would Illumi even care about what Hisoka wants?
Inevitability and $$$.

9IkIrf0.png

IeqkWq9.png

And from the end of Yorknew:

gZj2Qfu.png

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect many one on one fights this arc. I feel like once things actually kick off its gonna just be one fight spilling over into another as the ship gets wrecked... or they arrive at the fake Dark Continent without anything but a few minor deaths and little action and then its onto the DC for nightmare fueled horror.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I don't expect many one on one fights this arc. I feel like once things actually kick off its gonna just be one fight spilling over into another as the ship gets wrecked... or they arrive at the fake Dark Continent without anything but a few minor deaths and little action and then its onto the DC for nightmare fueled horror.
Which is why I'm curious to see how many parts these "Clash" chapters go for.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
That's a plothole from before Togashi completely figured out the Nen system. Nenless Gon shouldn't even be able to break Zushi's arm let alone Illumi.

Maybe he was in zetsu and angry Gon could do it.
Im not saying its not gonna be retconned, but so far thats all we have on him until he gets hit again.

But with him being a manipulator that fights with needles it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't that physically strong, and he actually wouldn't need to be.

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
Maybe he was in zetsu and angry Gon could do it.
Im not saying its not gonna be retconned, but so far thats all we have on him until he gets hit again.

But with him being a manipulator that fights with needles it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't that physically strong, and he actually wouldn't need to be.

He is a Zoldyck and went through the same training Killua did so he is obviously very strong physically even if he isn't top tier. His arm breaking is already retconned unless you believe Illumi can't open the door to his own house.

He is definitely not going down from a single hit by Kurapika though. That is ridiculous

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
He is a Zoldyck and went through the same training Killua did so he is obviously very strong physically even if he isn't top tier. His arm breaking is already retconned unless you believe Illumi can't open the door to his own house.

He is definitely not going down from a single hit by Kurapika though. That is ridiculous

Are we forgetting Milluki? i think it's pretty clear that they don't need to use that door if they don't want to.

I dind't say he would go down in one hit, i say that based on what we seen one hit from Kurapica would be very bad for him.

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
Are we forgetting Milluki? i think it's pretty clear that they don't need to use that door if they don't want to
Lol come on. You know Illumi is not comparable to Milluki.

Illumi is very obviously not physically weak enough to get hurt by fucking hunter exam Gon when even Killua's hits were doing nothing against Zushi's ren. He can also obviously open the Zoldyck door.

based on what we seen one hit from Kurapica would be very bad for him.

So based on literally nothing? OK.

In Hunter Exam, Hisoka was also hurt by Gon's fishing hook so I guess he is a glass cannon as well.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Lol come on. You know Illumi is not comparable to Milluki.

Illumi is very obviously not physically weak enough to get hurt by fucking hunter exam Gon when Killua's hits were doing nothing against Zushi's ren. He can also obviously open the Zoldyck door.

I dind't say he were, im just pointing out the door does not prove that Illumi was retcon because they don't need to go through it.
But of course he can push it, im not going that far lol

So based on literally nothing? OK.

In Hunter Exam, Hisoka was also hurt by Gon's fishing hook so I guess he is a glass cannon as well.

That rod was Ging, so it clearly has still some nen infused in it.
Ok that's a good point, i can't go with one scene and dismiss the other. Even if the empahis on Gon/Illumi feat was different.

I retract my Illumi is a glass cannon statement, but i still think he gonna be weaker physically based on his hatsu.

Last edited:

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
Illumi is very obviously not physically weak enough to get hurt by fucking hunter exam Gon when even Killua's hits were doing nothing against Zushi's ren. He can also obviously open the Zoldyck door.

I agree with this.

Outdated characterization? wut

I'm saying that there's no way the inevitability and $$$ hold up with his current character and the way it's changed. He's lying with facts to the Troupe.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I'm saying that there's no way the inevitability and $$$ hold up with his current character and the way it's changed. He's lying with facts to the Troupe.
I get that he'd have Alluka on his mind a lot now, but that doesn't mean it would dictate his every decision moving forward.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I'd beg to differ when he basically said as such the very last time we saw him.
I guess if I had to, I could see Illumi wanting to eliminate the possibility of Hisoka ever going after Killua (/Alluka), connecting it back to the inevitability point.

Y8gowwZ.png

I guess Hisoka could have made a(nother) threat against Killua (/Alluka) to get Illumi to go after him, but I'll wait for confirmation of that first.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess if I had to, I could see Illumi wanting to eliminate the possibility of Hisoka ever going after Killua (/Alluka), connecting it back to the inevitability point.

Y8gowwZ.png

I guess Hisoka could have made a(nother) threat against Killua (/Alluka) to get Illumi to go after him, but I'll wait for confirmation of that first.
Based on that panel he probably told Illumi that he thinks Killua has a sweet ass.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Im way more interested in the reason why Kalluto got involved with the spiders than the whole Illumi situation to be honest.

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
It's kinda ironic how the two characters that have arguably the most connection to the DC are sitting out lmao [besides Ging]

Gon - related to Don. nuff said.

Killua - Essentially in control of the top-tier of the verse in terms of threat level. One of the five calamities.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
It's kinda ironic how the two characters that have arguably the most connection to the DC are sitting out lmao [besides Ging]

Gon - related to Don. nuff said.

Killua - Essentially in control of the top-tier of the verse in terms of threat level. One of the five calamities.

that's probably how they'll get involved

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Leorio always fightin' for that page time. At least he got a little during Election/Zodiac meetings.

December 1, 2003

liPWLEO.png

September 22, 2018

OULdH5X.png

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
Kurapika is literally perfect for this environment. All the patience, and stealth work.

Gon would probably storm the King of Kakan stronghold and challenge him to a fight to stop this war. lmao

Leorio would shout and rant

Killua: Who are these people, why do I care?

/s

Oct 25, 2017
Kurapika is literally perfect for this environment. All the patience, and stealth work.

Gon would probably storm the King of Kakan stronghold and challenge him to a fight to stop this war. lmao

Leorio would shout and rant

Killua: Who are these people, why do I care?

/s
Leeorio: "YOU CAN'T KEEP FLAYING ALL OF THESE WOMEN TSERIEDNICH-SAAANNNN!!!!"

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
So as not to bump an already (year-old) bumped thread (just beware of manga spoilers above):
"Tag is one of the attacks that Cheetu has. It allows Cheetu to transport his opponents to an alternate realm where they play a game of tag with the time limit of 8 hours"

"The Ortho Siblings' Nen abilities work in conjunction: the sister conjures a tag that, when placed on someone, will link her brother's conjured dart board to the target. The tag cannot be removed until the game ends, not even by themselves. The brother then throws darts at his board, and when they hit their mark, a sharp fish-like dart made from his aura is conjured and pierces the target's body in a place that depends on where the darts hit the board. The fish darts are impossible to avoid, since they don't physically exist until they touch the target's body. "

"An ability borrowed from Grachan which can only be used on a rainy day. The user conjures a surfing board and a trident harpoon while a mass of water large enough to flood an underground church is called forth by the user."

This stuff is all nonsense

oh and who could forget grannycycle
That's Nen for ya. Can you tell he's a big Araki fan? :P

And to be fair, those first three are contained in a grand total of 7 episodes (101-107).

And calling stuff "nonsense" in a fantasy world is pretty funny, not gonna lie. Especially compared to most battle shonen.
When is this coming back to English Jump... :(
The hope is late December/early January.

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
Everything about Chrollo is busted.

edit: wait mistook the fish darts for the indoor fish technique he has

still broken.

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's the charismatic leader of a fanatical and nihilistic crime organization. If he can't be broken then who can lol.