• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
No one can ever top Meleron/Knov combo brokenness... for now.

Oh... there is one...

maxresdefault.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Hey! Goreinu shouldn't be reduced to meme material, he's cool!

If you want a character from Greed Island, take Tsezguerra, what a newb
I didn't make him a meme, the Japanese fanbase did. Now I'm remembering how the dude got his spine shattered by a dodgeball. Tsezguerra ain't man enough for that shit...actually he did play dodgeball and got roflstomped if I remember right. Dude got out jomped by two kids.

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
I didn't make him a meme, the Japanese fanbase did. Now I'm remembering how the dude got his spine shattered by a dodgeball. Tsezguerra ain't man enough for that shit...actually he did play dodgeball and got roflstomped if I remember right. Dude got out jomped by two kids.

'blabahaah that's my personal best. don't feel to bad if you do---'

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
I still want to know what the restrictions for Togashi's Hiatus-Hiatus Hatsu are. It seems to be broken AF.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
In terms of broken abilities, how can you even fight Feitan?

Wtf will Kurapika do if he summons a damn sun inside the boat? Lmao.

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
That's true. Although base Feitan is very strong and fast anyway. Was able to keep up with transformed Zazan for a while. And he was rusty.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Kurapika actually is a good opponent for him, since his main strategy is catching them in the chains not doing damage. With no damage he can't use his hatsu.

I feel that kurapika would be stomped if he goes against groups of spiders. Even more if Chrollo is involved.

His only chance is Hisoka dwindling their numbers down more/ if he manages to discover them and kill them 1 by 1.

Can't wait for shit to hit the fan, by the way. Hopefully we all live to see it.

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
I honestly think if Zazan wasn't so stupidly durable he would've won. Just that focused headshot couldn't get through her armor.

Yeah, durability of Chimera Ants is OP. Zazan probably has the best durability of all the ants besides the Royal Line.

I feel that kurapika would be stomped if he goes against groups of spiders. Even more if Chrollo is involved.

His only chance is Hisoka dwindling their numbers down more/ if he manages to discover them and kill them 1 by 1.

Can't wait for shit to hit the fan, by the way. Hopefully we all live to see it.

Kurapika wouldn't survive a direct fight with two high/top tier Spiders. So I agree.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Kurapica better have powered up greatly because right now even without his hatsu Feitan could deal with him just using speed.
He no longer have the advantages that he had during Uvogin, he ain't tricking Feitan.

EDIT: Kurapica should team up with Mizai, he prevents them from moving and Kurapica easy wraps them up in chains.

Something has to happen to that Feitan/Phinks/Nobunaga combo because right now no one is messing with that.

Last edited:

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
I just finished my rewatch, been a couple of years.

Meruem and Killua are such good characters. As far as Shounen antagonists go, I think there's fewer than five that can approach Meruem.

Oct 25, 2017
And what I really like is that there aren't any flashbacks to exploit. We see his whole life from birth till death (apparently 40 days).
He goes from child eating "yo fuck dis guy" to "Meruem, don't go" within 40 days. You sort of just want him and Komugi to make alien babies together, but then they die of radiation poisoning.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
meruem was the first hxh character to cameo in my dreams so yeah he's goat

speaking of that I just had a dream yesterday that I was surrounded and threatened by the actual phantom troupe at la comic con

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah Meruem is pretty much peak Shounen villain because you actually feel things for him by the time he dies.

Not just that but he isn't overly layered to the point where it becomes a contrived mess. He's complex but easy to grasp at the same time. but most of all the execution of it is quite stellar.

It's also the reason why Killua is in my top 2. His overall character progression is quite "simple" - a boy with a dark past that becomes the very thing he needed - light. But it's the execution of that development which makes him such a stellar character. You can have all these convenient flashback overdoses and repetitive structures, or you can do it the Togashi way.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who here hasn't read since the last chapter was released? How good are you at remembering all the details and names in this arc since last reading?

I can remember a couple of the big events, but it's annoying to me how much I forget from this arc every time he goes on hiatus. This arc is information overload. I'm going to have to reread from the ship departure chapter a third (or fourth maybe?) time when the return is announced, and that's kind of annoying.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I do a little refresh every time it comes back. Usually skim through the chapters. Hopefully HxH will get added to the Shonen Jump vault because that will make things a lot easier.

Oct 25, 2017
Who here hasn't read since the last chapter was released? How good are you at remembering all the details and names in this arc since last reading?

I can remember a couple of the big events, but it's annoying to me how much I forget from this arc every time he goes on hiatus. This arc is information overload. I'm going to have to reread from the ship departure chapter a third (or fourth maybe?) time when the return is announced, and that's kind of annoying.
I remember very specific things, poses and memes at this point. AoM or edo_kid usually fills in the blanks at some point.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I haven't reread a single thing. No point when it'll just go on hiatus again and I'll just forget it all over again, and then have to reread it all over again, I'll do all that once the arc actually ends lol

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, besides the minute details, I'm pretty much good at this point.

Also, a reread takes no time at all. 50 chapters in total post-anime (7 of which are Hisoka/Chrollo). Read 5 (or more) chapters a day. Done over 10 (or fewer) days.

This'll become even more convenient once Viz finally (hopefully) adds the series to the vault, and makes the current arc free to read for a little bit. Just as they did last year, and as they're doing now with the current anime arc from MHA (that offer ends today, btw).