• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
ASNykRQ.png

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017

Hisoka vs Chrollo is so good, you know shit is good when you are only listening to the audio and it's still hyped.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
My personal recap of the arc from the top of my head:

- 3 princes dead so far;
- Halkenburg is now a threat;
- Muderhorse prince is crazy op;
- Theta is fucked;
- Kurapica lost years while sleeping;
- Spiders and Mafia are making moves;
- Indian looking prince is adopted/son of the king's mafia brother;

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watching this, man I miss HxH so much nothing comes close and what's crazy is this has the potential to be the best arc yet.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Okay good, that guy's just wrong then xD

Let's not forget that time before the ceremony when Benjamin was choking a lion while on the phone, a lion that couldn't even scratch him and that was then decapited by him. And his nen power conditions take years of preparation and guards develpment to make it worth it. Camilla on the other hand has been building a suicide nen army for years now specifically for the ceremony.

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, Benjamin choking out a Lion was one of the most rediculous things in the manga. Just looked so fucking bizarre, like is this what the Princes do in their downtime? They're all fucked up

Oct 26, 2017
Let's not forget that time before the ceremony when Benjamin was choking a lion while on the phone, a lion that couldn't even scratch him and that was then decapited by him. And his nen power conditions take years of preparation and guards develpment to make it worth it. Camilla on the other hand has been building a suicide nen army for years now specifically for the ceremony.

Yeah also Benjamin was already a nen strategist and Camilla has clearly been using her nen beast for a long time.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I'll watch it one of these days if it ever gets added to a streaming service.

Oct 25, 2017
I've only seen the first few episodes of the 99 series. I'm contemplating picking it back up since I need something to watch and I haven't seen the 2011 series in a bit.

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering re: the Chimera Ant Queen- do you think there was some foul play at hand with her being dropped off at the NGL?

She's larger than any known chimera ant- as the ones Kite shows gon and killua are regular ant sized. She seems to somehow have humanoid dna- was she genetically engineered? And she's injured when she apppears at the NGL- so she encountered something before she washed up.

Furthermore, isn't it convinient she washed up on the one country in the world that's a neo-luddite community with no technology- the perfect area for her to feed and get completely out of control without the hunter organization being able to intervene early?

And didn't, at the end of it all Pariston end up with all the chimera ant eggs?

IMO the chimera ants were an inside job!! by pariston probably!! maybe using stolen chimera ant stuff from a previous continent expedition

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Eh. Probably set in a such remote area by Togashi so he wouldn't have that many variables to worry about/deal with.

I'd always welcome more Pariston involvement, but if you push that kind of stuff too far, it can start to feel kinda contrived.

Oct 25, 2017
My original read on the arc is "this was an unfortunate coincidence" and also "this was a brilliant bit of writing" because I think it's a great plot thread in that the ants only get as bad as they do because of this unfortunate things that happen that cause the colony to get more and more out of control (isloation + lack of technology + violent humans to inherit aggression from via the mafia) but if you look in that her placement may have been deliberate by someone who wanted to breed powerful chimera ants for their own amusement... the conditions are perfect for something like that.

Maybe on a macro scale it was a plot to get rid of netero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 25, 2017
I finally started watching this show.

I legit couldn't believe how chill the convo between Kil and his dad was, until you see hisulterior motive for letting him leave

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
There's something about this show that happens to me.

Whenever I come across screenshots or art or something of these characters, I'm so intrigued. Like I want to know what they do next, to a degree that I have with no other show.

I don't know if it's just that the dang thing is unfinished, but I feel like Togashi is somehow so good at creating these interesting characters with super compelling dynamics between other characters and the world at large. I didn't really realize it much as I was going through the series, but as there's been some breathing room since I was first introduced to them and their initial conflicts, I look back on it a bunch of these characters like woah

Last edited:

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
There's something about this show that happens to me.

Whenever I come across screenshots or art or something of these character, I'm so intrigued. Like I want to know what they do next, to a degree that I have with no other show.

I don't know if it's just that the dang thing is unfinished, but I feel like Togashi is somehow so good at creating these interesting characters with super compelling dynamics between other characters and the world at large. I didn't really realize it much as I was going through the series, but as there's been some breathing room since I was first introduced to them and their initial conflicts, I look back on it a bunch of these characters like woah
Honestly, that's likely why it's constantly on break.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Togashi and GRRM would probably love to have a drink together lol

GRRM:"Oh so you added a hundred characters and a dozen factions to your long running series too?"

Togashi:"Yeah I just started killing them all when I forgot what all their names were"

GRRM:"Hah me too!"

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

GRRM:"Oh so you added a hundred characters and a dozen factions to your long running series too?"

Togashi:"Yeah I just started killing them all when I forgot what all their names were"

Add gotouge to this talk

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

Except Togashi also added weird powers on top of it, so it's extra complicated lol

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
And his wife's sales numbers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I mean, there's a new edition for sailor moon and stuff haha
Always funny to see some people say, "Well, I guess he came back cuz he needs some more money."

Nah, I think he's good there lol.

And the more I look at his 390 comment, the more I hope it was mistranslated. That "soon" hits hard. :p

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Always funny to see some people say, "Well, I guess he came back cuz he needs some more money."

Nah, I think he's good there lol.

And the more I look at his 390 comment, the more I hope it was mistranslated. That "soon" hits hard. :p
Maybe he's just waiting to get a spot in jump once their new big 3 are over?