• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm starting to think you guys like annoucnements about video games more than actually playing those video games.

You only have to see the "E3 of dreams" for confirmation on that.

Two out of three of those games launched and didnt really sell. Out of those sales who completed those games?

We are in a weird place imo, we were gushing from a logo reveal and how many likes on instagram the other week.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
SO HYPED.

This will definitely happen. We'll see the case and all the specs and confirmation of full backwards compatibility and first day release on PS Now for first party games.

Tsushima, TLOU2, Bloodborne Remaster, GOW 2018 Remaster, Street Fighter 6, Legend of Dragoon 2, the next FF7 chapter, Gran Turismo 7, plus new Ape Escape and Syphon Filter on launch day (or launch window).

GET HYPED!!!

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
UgXRVC.gif

Zb2XIx.gif

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Dont do this to yourself playstation-era! For your own sanity.

As a member of Nintendo-era we're currently struggling through to the next direct announcement :P

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Well, I'm looking forward to getting some more concrete information on PlayStation's next-gen plan, but I'll hold off on full excitement until they provide an actual date for an event.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Ok.

This console is going to be extremely iterative. Most likely won't have very interesting launch games either. And with the increasingly platform agnostic content delivery there's no stakes left. This will be the most uninteresting next gen war ever and you want me to get hyped over speculation of an announcement of a presentation. I mean I will be on board when it happens, of course, but my hype is in check.

I'm only hyped for the gifs.

This one is still unmatched. Prove me wrong Era.

i97p4bk7nduq9.gif

God I hope we get some news soon!

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Haha funny thread. I'm in a place where I've come to accept that it might be further away than February. It feels a bit good.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
The last year of PS4 is way more stacked than even the last year of PS3. The Last of Us 2, Elden Ring, Cyberpunk, Ghost of Tsushima all release on PS4 a few months before the PS5. And we know what that meant for the PS4 launch. AAA needs a big user base and Sony is banking on that a big farewell push gets people to #believe in the next gen system even if it doesn't have exclusive big hitters yet.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
The last year of PS4 is way more stacked than even the last year of PS3. The Last of Us 2, Elden Ring, Cyberpunk, Ghost of Tsushima all release on PS4 a few months before the PS5. And we know what that meant for the PS4 launch. AAA needs a big user base and Sony is banking on that a big farewell push gets people to #believe in the next gen system even if it doesn't have exclusive big hitters yet.
I dunno about bigger but yeah it's definitely big.

PS3 had Last of Us, GTAV, Gran Turismo 6, Puppeteer, Bioshock Infinite, God of War Ascension, and Metro Last Light.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Sont will absolutely have a AAA launch window title. No idea what you're trying to get at here, especially given that you're mentioning multiplatform games to make your argument.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it will follow the PS4 announcement schedule and be announced next week for the end of February.

But it will be announced more than likely before the end of March as that is wjon Sony's financial year ends. Then there is the GDC, if we don't hear anything before then it will all leak out days after it finishes which would take away from the reveal.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
is there way we can dehype ourselves yet still be hyped?!

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Or we could not.

Also we could be dead.
It's a life of surprises

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Era will blame Sony if nothing happens pretending like they were actually promised something even though this is all speculation :)
In the hardware prediction thread I have already seen people going off on Sony for not already announcing the reveal event even when they hadn't at this point last gen.

I'm as excited as the next person but some people need to get a grip and trust that Sony, the company who has 4 out of 5 of the top selling home consoles ever, know what they are doing.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
I'm not sure about a Event but I gonna leave this here...

Launch: October 2020
Price: Aprox. 499 $

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Aside from the new console stuff, I'm hoping we hear some more about the PC ports.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I'm not sure about a Event but I gonna leave this here...

Launch: October 2020
Price: Aprox. 499 $

Saw the October rumour earlier this week. That would be pretty bonkers if Series X releases in November/December for a higher price. PS5 will immediately take a huge lead from the start.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I hope for a reveal in February, but I won't get my hopes up. I think the best argument for a February reveal I've read in one of the hype threads on era is to inform the retailers (for orders, adverts etc) For Sony it would make more sense to reveal closer to the E3 window so the May/June news cycle isn't all about Xbox. They don't want to lay their cards on the table too early.