• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jun 2, 2019
Dear Sony fans

We Pikmins are still waiting for the traditional January Direct and the blowout Animal Crossing Direct to even get announced. Dont think everything is set in stone, don't do this to yourselves.

Hype is better in healthy doses

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
1YjKQXX.gif

2375663-5357184615-ipHqz.gif

l-php.gif

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I swear some people aren't quite right in the head, a hype check thread for a possible announcement based on something from years ago?

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
I am really not convinced they are going to do an event at all. I think they should just go with Digital Foundry for a spec analysis and follow up with a State of Play with game announcements etc.. Then have PS5 demos at the various fan events like Comic Con etc...

yurr

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 20, 2019
This event will probably determine if I grab it at launch or the end of next year. Hope it delivers!

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I miss those Kaz gifs from 2013 PS Meeting.

wd82_e7vgakb.gif

What if there won't be any conference in February?! :(

Gure

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Although I hope we'll get some PS5 news soon, I have pretty much zero hype now. I need to know more.

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone post the E3 gif of the girl asking for like 2 or 3 games and the bald guy just laughing and then listing 300 thousand games?
It just destroys me everytime.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Jesus Christ, a thread announcing that next week there may or may not be an announcement for an event!

I could understand getting hyped in a thread for the actual event but even if this does come to pass it'll literally just be a video showing the Playstation logo flying around and a date for the event. Not quite sure what there is to get hyped about?!

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how different they've been doing things recently it won't be surprising if the meeting is much later... or just a SoP.
I wouldn't really have a problem with them presenting the PS5 in a SoP, though i still think they will do a live presentation. I just hope we don't have to wait for much longer.

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017
I am really not convinced they are going to do an event at all. I think they should just go with Digital Foundry for a spec analysis and follow up with a State of Play with game announcements etc.. Then have PS5 demos at the various fan events like Comic Con etc...

Yep, my same feelings.

Sony has changed its strategy in the last years.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
What an irrelevant metric.

Is it though, the most hype for those games yet they didn't sell. meaning the majority of people talked the talk but didn't go out and make the purchase.

Or it just a case of a small vocal minority controlling the messaging?

THe last guardian is one of my favourite games of the Gen so please dont try and paint me as some kind of hater on that game, please.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not feeling it, idk. The rumors are starting to get exhausting to me, I just want this over with.

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Only spider man 2 at launch could get me hyped for ps5. If not I wait for the spider man version when ever it hits.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You only have to see the "E3 of dreams" for confirmation on that.

Two out of three of those games launched and didnt really sell. Out of those sales who completed those games?

We are in a weird place imo, we were gushing from a logo reveal and how many likes on instagram the other week.

There was a lot more to E3 2015 than just those titles, eg Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, Dreams, No Man's Sky, Street Fighter V, Destiny expansion etc.

Ultimately this forum and others like it are enthusiast forums, so it's not necessarily relevant to compare mass market sales or interest to find a correlation with forum excitement, unless of course you want to highlight how detached they can sometimes be from one another.

Hell, much of the buzz or chatter around E3 is in itself enthusiast based. It's not like casuals are the ones deeply invested in the show.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The premise of this thread is something else. Y'all are bonkers with the anticipation and speculation. I'm actually laughing at the absurdity of it all. This thread and the specs thread that is on its tenth one read like support groups.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Can't wait for the meltdowns in a week when nothing happens and people will start the "Sony delayed the PS5 presentation" narrative.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Hype is a young man's game.

+1

really wondering how old (or rather young) people are if they are excited on the prospect of an announcement for an event to show something which isn´t even available till the end of the year.

in the end it is just the next plastic box playing games...and many people won´t get one at release because pre orders will be sold out in like 10 minutes