• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you more hyped for?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 301 70.3%
  • Xbox Scarlett

Votes: 61 14.3%
  • Both

Votes: 66 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
User banned (1 day): low quality, inflammatory thread creation
So, are you guys more hyped for the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Scarlett? Not so long ago I would say that Scarlett has my full attention, but after all that cross-gen talk and Lockhart bullshit my eyes are all on PS5. Which of course doesn't mean that I will sleep on Xbox next-gen offering in the future. But you know, PlayStation 5 day fuckin 1.

Last edited:

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Playstation 5 for sure. Microsoft's PC initiative basically makes any Xbox hardware completely redundant for me.

Oct 27, 2017
So, are you guys more hyped for the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Scarlett? Not so long ago I would say that Scarlett has my attention, but after all that cross-gen talk and Lockhart bullshit my eyes are all on PS5. Which of course doesn't mean that I will sleep on Xbox next-gen offering in the future. But you know, PlayStation 5 day fuckin 1.
We don't know anything about those consoles and their games yet.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Put me in the both camp.

Excited to see what MS has in store for next gen. And PlayStation is my current main platform.

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Totally split until we at least see the consoles, realistically I know I'll be getting both unless Microsoft really improves their PC offerings even more (Xbox and 360 BC, Gamepass continues to expand on PC)

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I answered "both". We know nothing about these consoles yet, and I'm not going to box myself into a warrior's category. I think it's silly to completely write off one or the other when we don't know the specs, launch titles, price, features, etc.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony isnt doing anything for me these days which is pretty concerning heading into a generation.

I am reminded of Nintendo going from Wii to Wii u. People assumed the quietness was because they had a grand plan and where saving the good stuff. Turned out they just had nothing.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I'm excited to 'see' what both are doing but I'm a one-console kind of guy. I don't even have the time to focus on the one as much as I want.

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 for me right now, but I think this topic would be much better after E3 next year when we have a much better idea about the hardware and the launch window games.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Right now neither, there's not nearly enough to known. Though since I've moved to getting Xbox games on PC I don't see why I'll be hyped for the console at this point. I just want it to do well and come out the gate stronger than the XB1 did.

Oct 30, 2017
I pretty much know what I'm getting with the PS5.

I'm going to get a powerful gaming box that will play my PS4 games. Probably a much snappier OS. Better VR. More high quality first party titles from my favorite studios.
That's all I really need.

I have no attachment to the Xbox ecosystem. It does nothing for me.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
I'll do exactly what I did this generation...wait a couple years to see how they look then. I went from XBox 360 to PS4 and I could see going back to Scarlett for next gen if MS maintains their momentum shift and Sony lets the PS4 go to their head (hello PS3!).

Either way, I'll hang out and see how it all works out and just keep playing Switch in the meantime.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I will take that one piece of plastic I know nothing about over the other. Whoever picks the other likes the wrong kinda plastic.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
Sony isnt doing anything for me these days which is pretty concerning heading into a generation.

I am reminded of Nintendo going from Wii to Wii u. People assumed the quietness was because they had a grand plan and where saving the good stuff. Turned out they just had nothing.
Whilst I have no reason to not think they won't hit it out of the park come official announcements (except for that PS3-thing at launch, ok), I feel the same about PlayStation.

Plus the reality is, I want to see how Microsoft will prove themselves, so I'm more excited about that.

So it's really more a case of I'm confident I'll get something cool with PS, but I want to see what kind of crazy shit Phil is going to come up with.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Scarlett for sure. I want to see Halo Infinite at it's best and Game Pass is too damn good of a value. I'll get PS5 once it either goes on sale or has stuff like Spidey 2 and GoW2.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
PS5
You know we already have so many threads in other forms discussing the same things.

Yeah, still had to vote PS5 though, nothing will trump PSVR(2) and their 1st party support for me.

But these polls will only really get interesting when all consoles are announced and then later the prices are known.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
I play most of my games on PC, so having a Xbox would be redundant for me.

PlayStation 5 as a backup gaming machine is my plan.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Scarlett. Excited to see what all those new studios are working on.

With that said, I'm not really that hyped for next-gen yet. Ask me again after E3 2020.

Jan 9, 2018
Despite currently upgrading my pc this holiday I know I'll get both . Just love those console experiences and ecosystems
Can't wait to play ghost at 4k and halo infinite as well! Plus since halo will be on pc I'll have double the people to play with

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
I'm not going to buy either, but definitely more excited about the Xbox since it might mean more new interesting games for PC as well.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
PS5, because there's no way I'm switching ecosystems at this point and can't wait to see what new first party games Sony brings.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
I think we really are reaching an ecosystem world. People are going to choose the system whose ecosystem they're already invested in.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting to have my whole PS4 library compatible with the PS5, so that's my choice. Overall, though, it's too early to tell, we don't know enough.

Nov 11, 2017
Not sure how I can realistically choose considering I haven't seen one game for either. I'll get both eventually probably scarlett first since gamepass guarantees 300+ games for me day 1

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PS5.

Never owned an Xbox, so I'm not in that ecosystem at all.

Love the PS5 franchises.

Love the PS controller, hate the Xbox one.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Not (yet) hyped for the PS5 because we don't even know what games to expect.
Not interested in the Xbox at all because I have a PC.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I'm buying both. The first will be whichever comes out first, it's going to be day 1 for both for me.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
PS5 no question. Gave my X to a family member as I just didn't use it (despite signing up to game pass until 2022).
Getting PS5 day one.
Not sure if I go multi console next gen. I did have all Xbox consoles so far, but always lost interest in MS exclusives and sold/ gave the consoles away.
i was really excited about gears 5 hoping it hooks me back on Xbox but found it to be bland and boring and dropped it in act 2. Never was a fan of halo and prefer GT over forza.
I might give Scarlett a go just for the sake of it, but definitely not day one. Maybe couple of years later when any of the newly bought studios have some decent output in new ips.

HanSoloCup

Oct 27, 2017
Richmond, VA
PS5. I've had every Sony console and handheld since 97, and with all the story-driven single player experiences that they have been delivering, I don't see myself changing that anytime soon.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019

Quietness?? Sony has been anything but quiet about next gen plans..there's nothing to be concerned about

SoLDieN

Jan 17, 2018
España
As now, both

Perfect balance

EJGvbFuX0AYU9Dh

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm likely going to be building a new computer after the next meaningful upgrades come for CPU and GPU that exceeds the power of PS5 and Scarlett.

I'm more hyped for PS5 due to exclusives, BC potential, PSVR potential (mainly related to first party efforts), and the fact that I will have a PC that will play Xbox games and next gen VR game s I'm anyways.

Oct 26, 2017
Neither.

I'll be hyped when GoW 2 is announced, but right now, i sleep and all MS games are going to be playable on PC, so i sleep even more.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
I have a 2080 ti so probably won't bother with XB, but after the Horizon ZD PC rumor, I'm hoping Sony starts putting their games on PC, if that becomes a thing I'll just stick to PC, otherwise I'll get a PS5 at some point.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User banned (5 days): platform wars
Also, Sony's exclusives won't be held back by a weaker version so I'm expecting glorious ness.

Status
Not open for further replies.