• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Would you buy an XSX then?

• Yes

Votes: 1,177 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 1,503 56.1%

• Total voters

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm buying one regardless. MS is doing everything right. They have the ecosystem, they have the games. Being the most powerful is just icing on the cake.

Don't get me wrong I'll buy a PS5 too, but I'm much more excited to see what MS does next gen.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who bought a PS4 first precisely for this reason, I'm confused that most people would answer otherwise. I get that you want exclusives, etc, but you'd pay a premium to do that day one vs waiting for the console to come down in price to something competitive as far as price vs power? You'd let Sony over charge you by $100+ dollars without complaint?

Nah. Any brand loyalty I might have, certainly isn't worth $100 and inferior multiplats to me.
PS3 generation taught me that I'd always go Playstation first unless Sony's first party and stranglehold on Japanese games wanes. I bought a 360 a year before the PS3 and still wound up selling my 360 later in the gen because Sony's exclusives plus third party ports began to suck less. Unless MS's first party situation and their relationship with Japanese developers improves dramatically, there's no way I won't own a PS5.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Probably not because I have a powerful PC and it will have access to all Xbox games. Also it's not a realistic scenario to be honest. Assuming that Sony won't do anything gimmicky with their next console, they will probably either be the same price, or cheaper if it's less powerful. Just like with the PS4 pro vs the Xbox one x.

Nayeon

Oct 29, 2017
Never will I ever own a Microsoft console again. After that 500 Euro disappointment that was the Xbox One at launch and the dread of years with no games, I have lost all faith in that brand. Even if they gave me the XSX for free, I'd immediately trash it.

PlayStation and whatever Nintendo's latest brand is are the brands I will follow and stay loyal to.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Possibly it depends on if there are good exclusives at launch on both consoles and how long it takes to phase out cross gen titles this go round.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Probably not unless Halo is a GOTG type experience but I would be pissed. PS4 was marketed as a dev friendly hardcore gamer machine. So I'm not excited about a PS5 made for the entire market to upgrade cheaply. Give us hardcore our powaz!!!
But seriously I hate having an Xbox and Ps side by side they are pointless. 90% shared library. It's always either or for me and maybe I pick the alt console up later in the gen. But now with Switch I'm usually covered.

PIkkonX

Oct 27, 2017
I already have a gaming PC, but unless Microsoft screws up again, I'm going to get the Series X and PS5 day one.

It's going to be more powerful than my 1070 and I'm holding off a PC rebuild to 2021 most likely.

BLASTEROID

Oct 25, 2017
Lol but most of their games could be designed to work on traditional consoles so that's not really an excuse. Anyways, exclusivity is a good thing that pushes competition forward and should be encouraged.

Agreed that it's no excuse. Honest question, how does exclusivity push competition in a positive way though?

This thread alone proves that it's a bad thing. Sony can offer less of a product and still be more successful simply because they paid to have certain titles exclusive to their platform.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
I voted no, but that is contingent on if Gamepass continues to be amazing and if first party games keep coming to PC. If there are games completely exclusive to the console then I will likely end up getting one eventually but I'm doing a new PC next year anyway. If the games start doing things on the console that aren't possible on PC then it will be more tempting. If I had a stash of X1 games along with my 360 games I'd pick it up for BC but...Halo 5 and Rare Replay are the only ones I have left at this point though.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Lol yes of course.
But it's not happening so for me it's having Game Pass prepayed for three years with 1st party games included day 1 that has won me over, Xbox is simply the cheapest way to enter the new generation based on what we know so far.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i buy consoles to play games. saving a few bucks and having the bragging rights of owning the most powerful console in the world would mean nothing if i couldn't play my favourite games on it.

that said, i am leaning towards getting an XSX. i'm losing interest in Sony's exclusive games.

Swift_Gamer

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Agreed that it's no excuse. Honest question, how does exclusivity push competition in a positive way though?

This thread alone proves that it's a bad thing. Sony can offer less of a product and still be more successful simply because they paid to have certain titles exclusive to their platform.
The only reason we have games with God of war scale is because Sony has to fund them in order to sell ps4 consoles.

cmChimera

Oct 28, 2017
Ultimately the question is always "What games will it have?"

If there are compelling games, I'll buy the system. But Microsoft really hasn't had many compelling exclusives in a while, and hasn't really shown any signs of that changing. Sony, however, seems to be getting more and more compelling exclusives, and Nintendo lives and breathes compelling exclusives.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
No. I play games, not power. Can I play the next Horizon Zero Dawn or Spider-Man or God of War or Bloodborne (it's happening) on the XSX? There in lies the problem.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I might buy one regardless. I'm not impressed with Sony's general first party direction at the moment and gamepass is might appealing.

Gonna wait put the first year and see where everything stands.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
All things being equal? Absolutely. However, that is a huge hypothetical. At the end of the day, the only thing I REALLY care about are the library of games.

Completely Anonymous

alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
There is no way this scenario is based on reality. Zero. And I wouldn't anyway - I play games, and so far MS has showed me very little outside of Ori

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
This place is very pro Sony,I'm surprised the numbers are even that close which I guess can be interpreted as encouraging lol

This place is pro anything that's currently popular, like most multiplatform forums. It was the same in the old place. During the first half of last gen it was pro 360, as it was the more popular option then. There's no bias otherwise.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
If that were to happen then I'd just wait until the PS5 was $100 cheaper (or the pound sterling equivalent of 100 dollars anyway) and then buy one. I really don't want to own two consoles next gen, it's just too much of a money sink, and I need to play the games that Naughty Dog, Japan Studio and Insomniac release no matter what.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Never will I ever own a Microsoft console again. After that 500 Euro disappointment that was the Xbox One at launch and the dread of years with no games, I have lost all faith in that brand. Even if they gave me the XSX for free, I'd immediately trash it.

PlayStation and whatever Nintendo's latest brand is are the brands I will follow and stay loyal to.
But you're saying you'd let Sony basically pull the same 500 euro crap and give them a pass because they have better exclusives. If Sony are less powerful and charge more for components that clearly don't cost more to buy, they'd be ripping you off.

(They won't though, of course).

This *hypothetical* Sony is ripping you all off. Don't tell Sony you'd still buy their console if they rip you off :(

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Nice I got one the week before you. What's your build?

I'll be honest, I bought a finished unit with some good additional discount I could add on top:
CPU: i7 9700K
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080
16GB DDR4-RAM, 3200 MHz
512GB SSD from Samsung
2TB HDD
Motherboard: MSI® MPG Z390M
Power: Seasonic® Focus Plus Gold (SSR-750FX)

Keep in mind, this is my first 'Gaming PC' as such (in my 30 years of existence). Eventually, I do want to build one but I'm still hesitant. Maybe in 5+ years - I know there are good Youtube tutorials and guides to show you. Knowing all these CPUs and GPUs is like a jungle to me.
In other words: I guess I want to experience (on the fast and safe) on what I've been missing out on these past few decades. Maybe try out a new genre or two... maybe find out if I even like gaming 'this way' or actually see what this Steam and Epic Store thing is all about :-)
We'll be using this PC for 3D modelling projects as well.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Nah,I'm invested in the Playstation platform now and that's because Sony make games that resonate with me(I'm assuming this will continue next gen of course,if they start making all multiplayer games things will be different).

ZSJ

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 21, 2019
No, because I like Sony's dick all the way, balls deep up into my ass.

-Resetera
Some people like to play games, and it's no secret Sony has the better games.

I'm only PC right now so Microsoft would have to basically revamp their strategy to get me interested. I can already play their games without an Xbox, so why wouldn't I get a PS5?

But yea, it must be fanboyism. Obviously that is it.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Power (or price) doesnt matter without games. Need to see what MS is cooking before I can get excited

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. I have a PC, and they won't have Sony's games--including both 1st party and Japanese support. Anything MS is pointless because of this. PlayStation also works well in the event a PC port is just bad.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
No, because my PC will be powerful than both of them and all of microsoft's games are going to PC play anywhere.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Not really, I feel like it would take something wildly different to make me want to change my current, expensive PC gpu + Sony console combo.