• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Would you buy an XSX then?

• Yes

Votes: 1,177 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 1,503 56.1%

• Total voters

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
No, unless the quality of their games output suddenly makes a ridiculous leap past the competition. And based on their current studio roster and recent acquisitions, that'll be a looooong time from now. Maybe once the PS6 and XSX2 roll around.

Besides. I play on PC, so if they ever crank out something that's a must-play, there's zero reason to get a dedicated piece of hardware for the job anyway.

Nayeon

Oct 29, 2017
But you're saying you'd let Sony basically pull the same 500 euro crap and give them a pass because they have better exclusives. If Sony are less powerful and charge more for components that clearly don't cost more to buy, they'd be ripping you off.

(They won't though, of course).

This *hypothetical* Sony is ripping you all off. Don't tell Sony you'd still buy their console if they rip you off :(
well, yeah. In such case I'd "betray" Sony, too. I always vote with my wallet. Maybe I should've put that in my post as well. I didn't own a Wii U for that matter. The whole concept was bad from the get-go. Another thing: Sony's 1st party games and the japanese support is something that's catering towards my personal likes. All Xbox games feel too shallow to me. Halo, Gears - all the same, nothing ever changes. I don't like shooters at all. Same for racing games. And that's all Microsoft has to offer - exceptions such as Ori don't count here because they appear only once every X years. Where as Sony has a much more diverse lineup. And Nintendo, too, for that matter.

But like you said, it's not going to happen with Sony. But in that hypothetical case, I wouldn't buy the PS5 and start to lose faith in their brand as well. That almost happened with the PS3 back then. I had a huge case of buyer's remorse. Luckily, Sony turned it around. Another example is abandoning Apple's iPhone. I owned every iPhone up until the 6th gen when I realized (yeah, too late but oh well) that they're massively overcharging for tech that's been used by their competitors for ages and for less money. That's when I swapped to Samsung. Granted, if Samsung were to do something similar, I'd reassess the situation and my brand loyalty.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Classy.

You do realize, that this forum consists of people from all over the world, which obviously explains why the current best-selling systems worldwide, including the Switch, are more popular than the worst-selling, that sells mostly in the US.

pretty much...100 million sales dont come from nowhere. of course there would be more people who care about PS as a brand globally than Xbox. thats how its always been. Xbox is always very US centric despite PS4 beating them there this gen but i expect them to atleast be more competitive there next one with MS's recent moves

soul

Oct 27, 2017
I will definitely buy a PS5. A cheaper competition will most likely tempt me to buy an XSX in addition to the PS5.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
No, because I like Sony's dick all the way, balls deep up into my ass.

-Resetera

The salt is strong
RWLeZU2.gif

ImaLawy3r

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Sony has great exclusives. If MS catches up with its fair share, then Sony is a harder buy.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
No, because it will always be limited in the Japanese games it receives and won't have any of the Sony internal studios' games on it.

But it would bode well for a late generation pickup because it would get pretty low pretty quickly.

No, because I like Sony's dick all the way, balls deep up into my ass.

-Resetera
Happy Holidays!

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, sure. Until Sony shows me a stylistically more diverse first-party pipeline than we got on PS4, I'll go where the diversity of experiences is going to be, even if they don't all interest me.

Oct 30, 2017
I also don't largely care about what Sony charges relative to Microsoft.

I'm not using Microsoft to determine whether or not Sony is fairly charging for their product. And even in the potential case where Microsoft chooses to eat large losses on hardware, it's irrelevant to me.

The PS4 was largely priced to not take large up front losses. It allowed them to be profitable throughout the generation and thus the company as a whole. I'm not particularly obsessed with these company's profits, but Sony as a company has had some troubled financials in the past.

Deleted member 4067

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: platform wars
You're the second person implying that I'm mad because of my post and I don't know why lol

They're trying to say you're mad / salty when its the other way around

Cant even get a joke off without sony fans crying

Edit - platform wars ? Miss me with that bullshit

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I am going to say yes, but I would've bought an Xbox if it was $100 more than PS5 as my Xbox library is massive.
If the 360, OG Xbox, and Xbox One B/C games all work on XSX on launch day then that's a huge positive that I'm not sure can be beat by anything other than a PC.

The value of being able to play games you already own regardless of whether they're improved or not on a new system you just bought can't be understated enough.

It was great in 2000 when Sony did it and it'll be great in 2020 if XSX really does it.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
pretty much...100 million sales dont come from nowhere. of course there would be more people who care about PS as a brand globally than Xbox. thats how its always been. Xbox is always very US centric despite PS4 beating them there this gen but i expect them to atleast be more competitive there next one with MS's recent moves

Not to mention, that the narrative always conveniently forgets how the old place was much in favor of the 360 early on due to its popularity, and many there spelled doom for the PS4, despite of the proclaimed PS bias.

Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Because you made a salty post about people here liking Playstation more than Xbox.
It's not a 'salty' post dude. It's just a fun way of saying that this forum is mostly pro Sony, and it's been since Gaf days (where people used to justify going PS4 instead of XONE by the price tag btw) and that's ok. I don't know why people get all up in arms like I'm beating their child lol

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
Agreed that it's no excuse. Honest question, how does exclusivity push competition in a positive way though?

This thread alone proves that it's a bad thing. Sony can offer less of a product and still be more successful simply because they paid to have certain titles exclusive to their platform.

what a weird take. you have a bunch of studios with hundreds of devs each that you bought/founded years and years back and is still paying for and cultivating to this day. it's not like Naughty Dog was floating around making hits and Sony went "heeeey, take 100m and put your game on my console only"

if you nurture something you are entitled to the fruit.

Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Classy.

You do realize, that this forum consists of people from all over the world, which obviously explains why the current best-selling systems worldwide, including the Switch, are more popular than the worst-selling, that sells mostly in the US.
I do realize, as I myself am not based in USA.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
No, because Microsoft have not proven to me that they'll have any exclusive games I want to play. Whereas Sony have me by the short-hairs in that regard.

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Agreed that it's no excuse. Honest question, how does exclusivity push competition in a positive way though?

This thread alone proves that it's a bad thing. Sony can offer less of a product and still be more successful simply because they paid to have certain titles exclusive to their platform.
The main product that Sony provides is their games. If their games are better, their console will sell more. Simple.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
It's not a 'salty' post dude. It's just a fun way of saying that this forum is mostly pro Sony, and it's been since Gaf days (where people used to justify going PS4 instead of XONE by the price tag btw) and that's ok. I don't know why people get all up in arms like I'm beating their child lol

Were you actually there during last gen? Because it was the opposite of what you claim. The early years were really rough on the PS3 there, much like they were for the XBO this gen. And I recall there being a poll in 2012, where many predicted the PS4 would sell the least, and Sony would leave the gaming industry.

ImaLawy3r

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Yeah, sure. Until Sony shows me a stylistically more diverse first-party pipeline than we got on PS4, I'll go where the diversity of experiences is going to be, even if they don't all interest me.
As opposed to what exactly? Where, other than Nintendo and PC, are you getting stylistically more diverse first-party pipeline?

ImaLawy3r

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
what a weird take. you have a bunch of studios with hundreds of devs each that you bought/founded years and years back and is still paying for and cultivating to this day. it's not like Naughty Dog was floating around making hits and Sony went "heeeey, take 100m and put your game on my console only"

if you nurture something you are entitled to the fruit.
One hundred percent agree with this. Cultivating and nurturing your studios to create something amazing is the best form of competition. Nintendo does this all the time.

Oct 30, 2017

Paying for exclusives is not a huge industry practice.

Sony actively nurtures these studios. They share technology. They work to improve Playstation at large.
It's a lot more than just buying up games so they can't be released on other platforms.

Same reason why people will buy the next Nintendo hardware no matter what. They want the games.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I'll get the XSX eventually, but if I had only enough money to buy one of them, I'd have to go with PS5. Between exclusives and the library I already own, the PS5 would give me a lot more to work with.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Well, in 2013 the PS4 was at least 40% more powerful than Xbox One (in FLOPs performance) even more so in other areas (pixel fillrate) and much better memory architecture with more immediately useful bandwidth, and was $100 cheaper (and launched about 1 week earlier).

Anyway, I'm getting both Xbox Series X and PS5 at launch. so I can't properly answer the OP's question but voted yes.