• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
It's sequel time Era!

For my next hypothetical thread, I'm going to present you a different scenario and much simpler to understand.

Remember when Capcom gave the resident evil series to Nintendo exclusively in 2001, (till a 2005 port of re4) save for spin-offs outbreak and dead aim?

What about bayonetta 2 being partially funded by Nintendo and announced as Wii U exclusive or even the upcoming 3 being fully funded by Nintendo?

What would your reaction be this time if Capcom debuted the first trailer for Resident Evil 2: Remake during a Nintendo E3 2018 direct? And the words "coming 2019. Exclusively for Switch." appears at the end?

Does it,

1: Anger you
2: Makes you buy a switch
3: You don't care
4: Crash Era's servers.

Let me know.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Do we really need this thread ? There is no reason for RE2make to be exclusive - no one will be willing to pay Capcom the money they would leave at the table by not being on PC and consoles.

Bayonetta was irrelevant for Sega while RE is Capcoms biggest franchise. Do we really need the Nintendo is stealing our games narrative going when most projects wouldnt exist if they werent funded by them? This cant be said for RE2.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Option 5:
3XK7lY6.png

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
People would be fucking angry. I'm hoping it and RE7 come out on the Switch regardless, but I don't see the need for it to be exclusive, or how it could be exclusive in the first place.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
I'm all for open discussions in a public forum but some discussion topics are just WTF

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't care because old-resi games are terrible to play. Resi 4 is best Resi and I loved those lightgun shooters on Wii.

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
What if it's announced for everything but the switch?

---------

To answer the op, I wouldn't care. That's the best part about owning every platform.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't care. But also there's a 0% chance of this happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.