• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 15360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Koei Tecmo Games announced that the cumulative number of shipments of the Nintendo Switch software " Zelda Musou Apocalypse " released on November 20, 2020 has exceeded 3 million units worldwide. Achieving shipment of 3 million units per title is the first record in the " Musou " series.

www.famitsu.com

Switch『ゼルダ無双 厄災の黙示録』全世界の累計出荷300万本突破。『無双』シリーズ初の記録 | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

コーエーテクモゲームスは、Nintendo Switch用ソフト『ゼルダ無双 厄災の黙示録』について、全世界での累計出荷本数が300万本を突破したことを発表。1タイトルでの300万本の出荷達成は、『無双』シリーズとしては初の記録。

Well Deserved for the efforts, Put in.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not just launch. That's already the best selling Musou ever.

It's almost matched Ni-Oh and Fire Emblem Three Houses as the best selling KT game ever.

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
KT is eating a lot these days: 3m+ with Fire Emblem Three Houses in 11 months and now Hyrule Warriors shipping 3m+ copies in less than a week.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Hooooooooooly shit! That's an insane amount at launch. Kinda wonder how much further it will go, surely it'll sell decently during the holidays.

Also as said above the sky is the limit for BOTW2, game is going to be monstrous.

Stairouais

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
France
Depsite it's technical problems, it deserves to sell well, it's a great game..

Yet, no outlet will ever mention this game in the best soundtrack of the year category ;)

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I remember 3 or 4 years back people were talking about Koei being on their way out. Nioh and Nintendo collaborations really changed their fortunes.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I wonder if it's going to make other Musou games better sellers going forward, or if it's just contained to this game cuz it's a BotW prequel.

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I remember 3 or 4 years back people were talking about Koei being on their way out. Nioh and Nintendo collaborations really changed their fortunes.

KT was one of the first japanese 3rd parties to go big on the Switch and they are getting the results. Good business sense and you can clearly see they even adjusted their own big guns (DW) accordingly by including a Switch version from D1.

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
High profile branding, good release window for the console it's on and links to an established game in the franchise (rather than just a spin off of a series) probably all helped with this.

Funny to think that there were some here in other threads only recently saying this would struggle to reach 2m.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Wait... didn't the first game only sell 1 million copies on the Wii U? I am probably wrong but anyway to ship 3 million copies that is amazing. The game is so damn good I hope Nintendo continues to co-develop more Warriors game.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I wonder if it's going to make other Musou games better sellers going forward, or if it's just contained to this game cuz it's a BotW prequel.
At least it made the original HW sell better, the Switch version sold out at least in Spain and now is only available from 3rd party vendors for 20€ more than it was at launch.

NineTailSage

Jan 26, 2020
Hidden Leaf
Makes me wonder if Nintendo has ever been interested in bringing Koei/Tecmo on as a 2nd party developer since they've been working so closely and putting out some great games from these partnerships...

They're also super efficient when it comes to getting games out as well so even if the titles aren't considered AAA, they fill in those much needed gaps in between the much larger games.

Last edited:

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Deserved, as someone that didn't like BOTW at all this game has been incredibly fun

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Great result, but I've always had high expectations for this game. It's riding the BOTW wave.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
With it's launch numbers alone, it's already the best selling Musou/Warriors game ever.

Will very shortly pass Nioh to be Koei Tecmo's most successful game of all time.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It's not going to make them million sellers or anything but this is going to be a lot of people's first exposure to the series and they might be interested in trying other games. Of course they also have to try to appeal to those Hyrule Warriors players, but there's probably a reason DW9 Empires will be on Switch despite the main game not being on the platform.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations!!

I have not obtained the game yet, first I need to finish Mario 64 and NMH 1. I will get it for Christmas.

4M before the year ends?