• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I mean, both the joy cons and the Pro controller have the capability. It's such a convenient QoL feature on the PS4 and I'd love it on Switch.

Right now, text input is a bit of a pain compared to the other 2. I have the chatpad on Xbox One so it's fine there.

Anyone else agree or am I in the minority here?

Last edited:

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I like it too. It's not super fast or anything but it's pleasant to use.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
61awje4iakl._sl1000_fmu9h.jpg

Why have that, when you can get this?

DLH

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! That's my favorite console typing too (besides an actual keyboard). But first I'd like for PS4 apps like Netflix, Amazon Video, and YouTube to actually use the built in motion typing rather than each implementing their own shitty solution.

Edit: Oops, didn't realize I was bumping a days-old topic. I blame tiredness.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would be nice. It's by far the best way to input text on PS4 (except maybe for using your phone to do it via the app, but who does that).

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've wanted this ever since I got my Switch at launch. Maybe in a future update...

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Yes! That's my favorite console typing too (besides an actual keyboard). But first I'd like for PS4 apps like Netflix, Amazon Video, and YouTube to actually use the built in motion typing rather than each implementing their own shitty solution.

Edit: Oops, didn't realize I was bumping a days-old topic. I blame tiredness.

That's an okay bump. It's a conversation only a few of us are interested in so posts come slowly.

Pif

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it bothers me on PS4 than inside the YouTube app you're back at typing with the D-Pad like a savage.

This should be industry standard.

Zelda BotW gyro aiming should also be in every shooter out there on PS4, I just can't understand why don't devs just enable those options.