• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 1, 2018
Texas
Yes, I know they were all teenagers, but no, their crimes were too heinous/severe for that to matter. At least, in my opinion.

For those unfamiliar with the story, I'll link it, but do be warned, it's a very painful read.

*****VERY NSFL. Avoid reading if you're unfamiliar*****

Last edited:

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Damn, even seeing her name in the OT title instantly triggered me

So fucking horrific

I hope none of those... I don't even know what to call them, don't get a minute of peace for the rest of their lives

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I've come across a number of Japanese media where the perpetrators got away with a light sentence because they were teenagers.

I guess this is where they all come from.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Yeah. Like other have said: if you don't know anything about this case, I'd leave the thread now.

This is one of those cases you're better off not knowing anything about. Even seeing the name made me wince.

Oct 25, 2017
I fucking

really didn't need to read that.

Why did I read that.

Anyone debating whether or not to absorb this information to be forever in their brain, turn away now and live in ignorance of it. Jesus.

CaptainTrips

Nov 20, 2017
OP. You should put a NSFL tag before people read through the summary.
Still gut wrenching whenever I think of what happened to her.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Why did I click that link.... this is some of the most horrific and depraved shit I've ever read about

Oct 25, 2017
A fine example of the horrid depraved depths humanity can accomplish. An utterly disgusting story, and the fact her killers are no longer in prison shows what a joke the justice system really is.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
OP you might want to put an additional warning before the link to the wiki page

This is widely considered one of the worst recorded cases in criminal history.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry, but there is no reforming monsters like that. They should be buried under the fucking prison and forgotten about. That is some of the most depraved and sick shit I've read about.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
One of the the rotted mothers of these monsters had the fucking audacity to desecrate Junko's grave for "Destroying her son's life"

Which is somehow the least rage inducing fact of this awful story

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
All those boys should be locked up for life, as well as the pos mother of one of them who
vandalized Junko's grave and blamed her for ruining her son's life

I usually hate the practice, but vigilante justice is the best thing that could happen in this case now.

The court system failed, they clearly don't have an ounce of remorse, the severity and prolonged nature of the crime already calls for the maximum punishment, etc.

The fact that some judge looked at these guys and said "yeah a couple years of jail I guess" was sufficient, is embarrassing and disgraceful.

I get why teens get lighter sentences, but that's for, ya know, crimes that aren't in the top 20 worse of all time.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
I remember this story. I fucking wish I hadn't. It is too horrible. I never understood how Japanese law was lenient with these bastards.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
One of the the rotted mothers of these monsters had the fucking audacity to desecrate Junko's grave for "Destroying her son's life"

Which is somehow the least rage inducing fact of this awful story
Yeah I saw that. What a despicable ghoul.
I alway jump between this or the murder of Sylvia Likens as the one of most messed up things I have read about.
I know I shouldn't but here I am, Wikipedia'ing again... >.<

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
All those boys should be locked up for life, as well as the pos mother of one of them who
vandalized Junko's grave and blamed her for ruining her son's life

I usually hate the practice, but vigilante justice is the best thing that could happen in this case now.

The court system failed, they clearly don't have an ounce of remorse, the severity and prolonged nature of the crime already calls for the maximum punishment, etc.

The fact that some judge looked at these guys and said "yeah a couple years of jail I guess" was sufficient, is embarrassing and disgraceful.

I get why teens get lighter sentences, but that's for, ya know, crimes that aren't in the top 20 worse of all time.
If some people here outright stated what they think SHOULD happen to these men, bans would probably be flying left and right.

Siyou

Oct 27, 2017
I remember listening to The GazettE and they did a song about this. Absolutely horrific. I kind of couldn't believe they'd make a song about it, honestly.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
That name seemed really familiar but holy shit is that story not something I am familiar with. Entirely possible I tried to erase that from my memory previously. Sweet jesus I need to go for a walk and look at some trees or something.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
I alway jump between this or the murder of Sylvia Likens as the one of most messed up things I have read about.

WTF. I'm aware of the Junko story, but not this one. In this one the perpetrators definitely should've received harsher sentences, but it's almost karma that they all died from complications before they became too old.

That's another one, JFC humans were a mistake.

There's no limit to how depraved humans can be. I'm not a nihilist but I'm not gonna bat an eye at anyone saying that humans were a mistake.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think the grossest part is it isn't even just the four dudes, over 100 guys according to the Wiki seemingly had no problem learning about this girl being held against her will and tortured and took advantage of that. Jesus.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
I know this story. It's outrageously awful. Sorry to be a concern troll, but I don't see the need for a random thread about something so viciously awful. This should be closed.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
I really wish I hadn't read that, Jesus Christ. It doesn't matter who you are or how old you are, you shouldn't be able to ever walk free after a crime like this.

sbenji

Jul 25, 2019
I have heard this story. I still don't understand how the parents weren't charged for their role. The entire story is nightmarish. The length of the torture. the brutality of the end, and the fact that potentially 100 men/boys participated is appalling.

OP
OP
Orange Piccolo
Feb 1, 2018
Texas
I know this story. It's outrageously awful. Sorry to be a concern troll, but I don't see the need for a random thread about something so viciously awful. This should be closed.
This is just my opinion, and I could totally be wrong, but I feel like I'm honoring her memory by remembering what happened, if that makes sense?

For her to go through all that, only to be forgotten, seems… wrong, IMO.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I feared this was going to be about the story that I thought it was and sure enough, it is. Truly a tragic event.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
For a second I thought this was going to be about Issei Sagawa. The guy who got away with being a cannibal.

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
I can't find the words to describe how I feel after reading that. Utterly horrific is quite the understatement. Also some of those kids went on to attempt murder again after their release...

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Not saying anything about you or the OP and I'm not trying to thread whine But your best bet is just to report the thread
Mods have closed horrible "shock" (not saying this thread is an example) news article threads (usually based on current news events mind you, not past events) before in the past and I think there is a rule about stuff like it

I also don't think you're a concern troll or anything, it is very triggering material after all

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Nope, no no no no, fuck no.

This is literally the worst thing i have ever read, like completely losing faith in humanity kind of material.

I hate it so much.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Not only did those guys get very light sentences for what they did, all the main culprits got arrested at least one more time, two of them for similar sexual assault related crimes. One even apparently openly brags about their role in the crime and how they got off on a light sentence.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but it's extreme situations like this why I'll never be fully opposed to the death penalty. I understand the downsides of it and why it's best not to exist due to how it can be abused, but some people don't deserve to live, and they definitely don't deserve to live in relative comfort in a cell for the 60-70 more years they all could realistically live.

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
That name will always haunt me. Learned about it years ago. Whoever mentioned Sylvia too, another name that will forever live in my nightmares. Those poor, poor, girls. Damn the systems that don't even give their murderers a fraction of the suffering they deserve.