• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Telpis

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
As I said in the title and I'm having a blast I actually play all my PS4 games on easy.

I'm loving the story and cutscenes and gameplay it's fhe best superhero game ever and for once in my life I'm nearly done 100% the game including all the side missions and city quests because it's not to hard for myself I'm enjoying doing everything.

I've been playing the last week for about 3-4 hours a day so I'm about 25/28 so far I say by Wednesday or Thursday I'll do be done.

Would I be frowned upon for playing games on easy.

Fun fact I play nintnedo games like normal yet on PS4 I always play on easy.

Jul 4, 2018
It's whatever is fun and works for you

Some people get a massive sense of pride beating CoD4 on veteran, but in the end no one is really impressed or bothered

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Play however you want to play, it's nobody's business but your own.

I played Spider-Man with the QTEs turned off and hold button instead of mash accessibility options.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wha't the question here? No one cares what difficulty you play on. I 100%'d the game on Spectacular (hard) and I am sure you don't care.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Play how you want to play

I actually enjoy that Sony seems to be moving away from difficulty based trophies. Cuts out forced replays or "gotta play it on this difficulty to get platinum"

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Play on whatever difficulty you're comfortable with and the one that makes you enjoy the game. Don't bother with the "hardcore" sweaty shitheads who'll bash you for playing on easy alright?! HAVE FUN!

ackl

Oct 25, 2017
I sometime play on easy because I have no time to git gud. I have more important things to do. Do what works for you.

OP
OP
Telpis

Telpis

Banned
Jan 17, 2018

I played Spider-Man with the QTEs turned off and hold button instead of mash accessibility options.

I also turned off QTEs I hate them but love the puzzles

I'm having no such a blast 100% a game never done so before

Well except for mainline Mario games I always have to get all stars, shines, and moons lol

Lork

Oct 25, 2017
You should play on the difficulty setting that is appropriate for your skill level. Whether that's normal, easy, hard or anything in between is up to you.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have much time these days for games so when I do play them, it's always on easy. I get way more enjoyment out of it. My days of hard gaming are over.

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
Well, i noticed this game is very chill type of game and easy mode fits very well, at least it's not mindlessly easy.

i love hard games but this one i prefer it on easy.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
I also turned off QTEs I hate them but love the puzzles

I'm having no such a blast 100% a game never done so before

Well except for mainline Mario games I always have to get all stars, shines, and moons lol

Yeah I really liked the puzzles too. Did all of them whenever new ones became available.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I, for one, am really disappointed in you. I don't think I'm going to sleep well tonight knowing you've played the game you paid for the way you wanted to play it instead of the way I wanted you to play it.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This was one of the few games I played on the hardest difficulty and 100%ed. I died a lot at the start, but once I unlocked a few things, and got a better understanding of the combat, everything flowed well and I got a good sense of accomplishment learning the game. I thought the hardest difficulty in this game was fair, and did not simply hate the player.

But yeah, it is great to play on easy sometimes, and there is nothing wrong with it.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Lol who's going to care if you played the game on easy or not. If it "wasn't meant to played that way," the devs wouldn't include that option.

rubidium

Oct 25, 2017
I admit. I was once those guys who "frown upon" ppl playing on easy when I was very young. Typical kids behavior :(
Now I understand that ppl have many things to do other than games..

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always play on the hardest difficult about my entire cataloguy, but when I 100% done I down to easy and make fun most of then. My cousin play in easy difficult sometimes and its fair enought. Fun its different for each people.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
People who are bothered about how people play a single player game should be frowned upon, you do whatever you find most enjoyable, it's the only opinion that matters.
I personally played on hard and really enjoyed it, kinda forces you to always be moving as you can pretty much instant if you get pinched.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I also play a lot of games on easy, fuck the toxic ass people who judge your game dificulty.

The Witcher and Uncharted 4 were even better on easy. I don't want to see my protagonist die repeatedly, I want to see him chopping heads and pulling of sick headhsots.

joshcam19

Nov 11, 2017
I generally play through on normal, I generally find that to be the most balanced but you can play whatever you want. No one should ever look down on someone for playing easy. Games are meant to be fun, just have fun.

OP
OP
Telpis

Telpis

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
I say I'm nearing the end of the game it's so freaking good

I swear the sorry and cutscenes are the best Spider-Man movie lol some twist and turn genuinely made me gasp

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It's fine playing on easy. I'll play on easy if I'm playing a game I'm not 100% sold on and just want to blast through it. But if it's a game a really love then it has to be normal so I can experience what the developer intended and I can ensure I get decent play time out of the game. But the difficulty options are there to be used, so use them as you see fit. And don't worry about people judging you, it's a fucking videogame.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Who cares what other people think? You do you. Games, especially SP games, are all about your enjoyment and entertainment, not some dick measuring contest.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017

I didn't even know there was an option for the QTEs!

I would've preferred that. Running on hardest default difficulty, so I'll just stick with it at this point.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The combat is pretty weak anyways. Even on normal there is very little challenge and you can use the same combo from the beginning of the game to the end with very little trouble.

So yeah, fire away on easy.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like people who frown upon people for playing X difficulty are dicks

but also absolutely, even the hardest difficulty was easy enough

Yep. There is no reason to be elitist about difficulty. Play however you like! If you aren't having fun, you're wasting your time. Playing games isn't a job (barring special circumstances).