• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
For the first time in years I have my entire N64 collection together(I let some family members borrow my original stuff and I just got everything back together again the other month). So I figured nows a good time to jump in and work on getting everything played between new switch releases so I thought I'd make things interesting and give a chance for you guys to join in and give me extra incentive to get through everything.

So here's how it rolls, I'm posting my collection and a written list, and then I'm after two things: votes on the next three games I'm jumping between and for non-campaign games such as fighters, puzzle games and racers a complete condition such as posting all arcade endings, certain level passed, etc. on a fun note left most column is mostly the games I grew up with(sans some that have gone missing)
a1VCGyo.jpg

So here's it in list format, however there are 3 games that will not be in the voting: Mario Party 1,2,3 as I've played them to death over the years(Banjo's are on my call too, I'm due for my yearly play though)
  1. 1080
  2. Army Men Sarge's Soldiers
  3. Army Men Sarge's Soldiers 2
  4. Battle Tanx Global Assualt
  5. Banjo Kazooie
  6. Banjo Tooie
  7. Beetle Adventure Racing
  8. Blast Corps
  9. Body Harvest
  10. Bomberman 64
  11. Bomberman Hero
  12. Bust-A-Move '99
  13. Castlevania 64
  14. Charlie Blast Territory
  15. Cruis'n usa
  16. Cruis'n World
  17. Cruis'n exotica
  18. Deadly Arts
  19. Diddy Kong Racing
  20. Excite Bike 64
  21. Extreme G
  22. Fighters Destiny
  23. Flying Dragons
  24. Gex 64
  25. Glover
  26. Goemon's Great Adventure
  27. Golden Eye 007
  28. Hercules The Legendary Adventures
  29. Hot Wheels Turbo Racing
  30. Hybrid Heaven
  31. Indiana Jones and the infernal Machine
  32. Jet Force Gemini
  33. Mischief Makers
  34. Mystical Ninja starring Goemon
  35. Perfect Dark
  36. Pilotwings 64
  37. Pokémon puzzle league
  38. Pokémon Snap
  39. Rocket
  40. Space Station Silicon Valley
  41. Star Fox 64
  42. SW Battle For Naboo
  43. SW Shadows of the empire
  44. SW Episode 1 Racer
  45. SW Rogue Squadron
  46. Tetrisphere
  47. Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals
  48. Vigilante 8 2nd
  49. Wave Race
  50. Wetrix
  51. Wipeout 64
  52. Xena
  53. XG2
  54. Yoshi's Story
  55. Mission Impossible
  56. Shadowman
Well there's the list of games, I look forward to your votes and alternate complete challenges! I'm planning to fire up things about 6 pm pst so there's about 3,1/2 hours for the initial three game vote. Also sorry I don't have capture equipment so pictures only of stuff.
Looking forward to digging into some of my games I haven't given time. I may wind up deciding to pick up another game or two if I encounter them but I don't have a major reason too and I'm planning to squeeze this in between upcoming switch releases.

So again, you have 3 votes, and if you suggest an open ended game give me a complete condition. When I finish two I'll do another vote. I'll take pics to show off what I've done and look to you guys for hints if I get stuck in a corner

Please note completed games are struck through and have a hyperlink

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
1. Banjo Kazooie
2. Diddy Kong Racing
3. Yoshi's Story

Also seeing your collection reminds me how few N64 re-releases there have been. Like outside of Rare stuff on 360/Xbox One, Zelda remasters/ports, and the Wii/Wii U VC, it's pretty much non-existent.

Where's my Snowboard Kids port, Atlus?

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
Mystical Ninja starring Goemon
Mischief Makers
Jet Force Gemini
(Space Station Silicon Valley almost got 3rd place though)

ps. you have a beautiful collection, congratulations

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I just watche this yesterday:

So obviously a round of 1080 on Deadly Fall

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So many N64 games but no Sin & Punishment, the most replayable classic on the system.

Wave Race 64
Banjo Kazooie
Goemon's Great Adventure

Palazzo

Oct 25, 2017
Star Fox 64 is a cool game. It's not really the kind of game you're expected to play through once and be done with, though; to experience it properly you need to give it a few playthroughs (there are branching paths, so you can't play every level in a single run) and maybe even learn the game well enough to unlock hard mode by meeting the target score on every stage.

I like Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark, too. A lot of people have problems grappling with the controls but I think they're solid games as long as you go into them understanding that they really aren't the same thing as PC shooters at the time or even modern FPSes. Perfect Dark is the better of the two, so if you only play one it should be that one.

EllipsisBreak

One Winged Slayer
Aug 6, 2019
1. Hercules: The Legendary Journeys (because it's arguably So Bad It's Good and it will make you appreciate everything else more)
2. Beetle Adventure Racing!
3. Excitebike 64 (it gets overlooked a lot and I just wanted to point it out)

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's a way to play a physical version of S&P in a USA N64?
I drilled out the plastic barriers inside the system but I imagine there are adapters, too. Unlike a Playstation or Saturn, there's no NTSC Japan vs NA region locking in the software itself, just different shaped plastic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So many N64 games but no Sin & Punishment, the most replayable classic on the system.

Wave Race 64
Banjo Kazooie
Goemon's Great Adventure
I have S&P on wiiu, same goes for Majora's mask, F-zero, smash and paper mario(one of my all time faves)
Should be pointed out that I've beaten every game in the left column at some point. And I've played a good chunk of these(I replay both Banjo's from the beginning every year)
Star Fox 64 is a cool game. It's not really the kind of game you're expected to play through once and be done with, though; to experience it properly you need to give it a few playthroughs (there are branching paths, so you can't play every level in a single run) and maybe even learn the game well enough to unlock hard mode by meeting the target score on every stage.

I like Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark, too. A lot of people have problems grappling with the controls but I think they're solid games as long as you go into them understanding that they really aren't the same thing as PC shooters at the time or even modern FPSes. Perfect Dark is the better of the two, so if you only play one it should be that one.
SF64 is one of my all time faves and I have unlocked expert in the past.
I mean, there's a lot of pretty stuff on your list, but if I can only recommend 3 from there:
  1. Mystical Ninja starring Goemon
  2. Perfect Dark
  3. SW Rogue Squadron

There's a way to play a physical version of S&P in a USA N64?
I mean I plan to replay everything that's the point, I was just thinking it's be fun to have extra motivation. Outside of my childhood stuff I choose to buy every game pictured here. Mystical ninja is a fave, but I still need to beat great adventure

That and I wanted your guys help to find a fun way to approach the games without a true end point like racers XD. It's fun to have help and someone to share with

Also while I've beaten Rogue squadron, I've really meant to beat Battle For Naboo

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
1) Banjo Kazooie
2) Castlevania 64
3) Star Wars Pod Racer

Also go buy Conkers Bad fur day

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
You got some good stuff there OP.

Both Goemon Games
Mishcief Makers
Pokemon Snap

Makes me want to fire up my N64 now.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I drilled out the plastic barriers inside the system but I imagine there are adapters, too. Unlike a Playstation or Saturn, there's no NTSC Japan vs NA region locking in the software itself, just different shaped plastic.
Of course? Never heard of import adapters?

Also, you could just swap out the back plate of a cart with a US one and it fits right in there. Both are NTSC anyway so they'll play fine.

I actually had no idea lol I was too young back in the N64 days and just knew the cartridges weren't compatible. Later, I guess I never put much though into that

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
Can't go wrong with Mischief Makers.

And wow, this is probably the first time I see a N64 collection this big that doesn't have Super Mario 64.

Miles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
Diddy Kong Racing
Mischief Makers

Only one of these that was remade was DKR and that port was terrible. You should definitely go back and experience these again. Mystical Ninja is still one of my all time favorite games, to the point where I even learned how to speedrun it.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
For all of you suggesting Pokémon stadium, is it any good without a Pokémon game to link it to? I've never been a fan of the main series. Also about to order Conker's bfd, but was thinking of ordering another cheap game or two with it

Edit like maybe shadowman?

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok you guys, give me a few final suggestions under 30$ each. I may do a group order of a few cheap games I'm missing. I am getting Conker's bfd too but if I'm doing that I could probably afford 20-40$ Total on a few other small games I've missed like Shadowman. Any other suggestions?
Edit: note I mean spending 40$ in total on anything I ordered, and shadowman is around 10$ to start with. And probably not any first party stuff, I own most of the notable stuff on here or elsewhere

Last edited:

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
The masochist start pack

1. Army Men Sarge's Soldiers
2. Shadows of The Empire
3. Indiana Jones and the infernal Machine

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Ok you guys, give me a few final suggestions under 30$ each. I may do a group order of a few cheap games I'm missing. I am getting Conker's bfd too but if I'm doing that I could probably afford 20-40$ Total on a few other small games I've missed like Shadowman. Any other suggestions?
Not sure what loose carts go for but:
NBA Hang Time (seriously still the best arcade basketball console game. 60fps, four players, sequel to NBA Jam)
Mission: Impossible (surprisingly good tie-in)
Operation: Winback
DOOM64 (original game, basically DOOM "3", also canon)
Quake II (original game)
Shadowman
Resident Evil 2 (has unique stuff like a randomizer mode, the EX files tying into RE0, the analog stick control option from RE HD)

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017

Well you are missing the Zelda games, those are easy to recommends.

Others: Paper Mario, Donkey Kong 64, Doom 64, Harvest Moon 64. Take your pick.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

I have oot and I have mm elsewhere same goes for pm and dk64. Harvest moon and doom aren't my style. And you missed the cheap lesser known part of the post

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

OP has those :)

I have S&P on wiiu, same goes for Majora's mask, F-zero, smash and paper mario(one of my all time faves)
Should be pointed out that I've beaten every game in the left column at some point. And I've played a good chunk of these(I replay both Banjo's from the beginning every year)

Jeeves

Nov 21, 2017
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
Bomberman 64
Hybrid Heaven (I know nothing about it, tell me how it is)

Zeranium

Oct 27, 2017

In the Island of Misfit Mascots

1.) Tonic Trouble
2.) Buck Bumble
3.) Chameleon Twist 1+ 2

Zeranium

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have any of those. If it's a purchase suggestion respond to the thread mark post but otherwise limit it to games I have

Ah, right my bad
They were offbeat suggestions

EDIT:
Vote for games in your backlog to play
1.) Mystical Ninja 64
2.) Goemon's Great Adventure
3.) Hybrid Heaven

Last edited:

Jeeves

Nov 21, 2017
What if Metal Gear Solid without Kojima :) (not really but also kinda)
Haha, that's kind of the vibe I got from the cart sticker

Edit: note I mean spending 40$ in total on anything I ordered, and shadowman is around 10$ to start with. And probably not any first party stuff, I own most of the notable stuff on here or elsewhere

Someone else said Chameleon Twist and I'll echo that!

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok so here's the deal, I ordered Conker's Bad Fur Day, Mission Impossible and Shadowman(right under a $100 in total)
From here on out keep everything to what I Have no more new game suggestions. The idea of this thread was to encourage me to play what I have not to tempt me to buy more, I have a big enough backlog already

So remember vote for 3 games for me to start with and if they don't have a campaign to suggest a complete condition you want a picture of