• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Update with less than a hour left here's the front runners:(only games with 3 or more votes are here)
  1. Mystical Ninja- 7
  2. Goemon's great adventure- 5 votes
  3. Mischief Makers-5
  4. Banjo Kazooie-4
  5. Pokémon Snap-3
  6. Rogue Squadron-3
  7. Beetle Racing Adventure

Votes are still open and something could make a comeback and I do plan to work through everything. Conker will autoslot when it arrives. Also for series if there's a tie or they are in the same 3 the sequel will drop out

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I'm insanely jealous of that collection OP, it's beautiful.

1. Mystical Ninja
2. Space Station Silicon Valley
3. Diddy Kong Racing

Oscillator

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Canada
1. Blast Corps
2. Pokémon Snap
3. Star Wars Episode I: Racer

I know you said no more new game suggestions, but I'd like to know...have you played Rayman 2: The Great Escape?

Also, which games in your collection have you beaten/played to death before?

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
1. Blast Corps
2. Pokémon Snap
3. Star Wars Episode I: Racer

I know you said no more new game suggestions, but I'd like to know...have you played Rayman 2: The Great Escape?

Also, which games in your collection have you beaten/played to death before?
All time favorite, just never bought a copy. I play both Banjo games every year from the beginning. I've put good time in space station Silicon Valley but I can't say I've fully beaten it

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
First, I would strongly suggest an Everdrive. I was near a complete set of N64 before finally taking the plunge. Best decision ever...Especially when playing games like Stunt Racer and Sculptor's Cut. I was anal about taking those in and out of my 64 too many times and damaging the board.

My vote:

Mystical Ninja
Blast Corps
Hot Wheels

If Blast Corps is too cliche, play Pokemon Snap. It's my wife's favorite 64 game and you can beat that in one sitting easy.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
And final drum roll the top of this batch is
  1. Mystical Ninja- 9
  2. Goemon's great adventure- 5 votes
  3. Mischief Makers-6
  4. Banjo Kazooie-4
  5. Pokémon Snap-4
  6. Rogue Squadron-3
  7. Beetle Racing Adventure-3
  8. DKR 3
  9. space station silicon valley
Ok so Mystic Ninja means no GGA for this round so the 3 picks of this round are
  1. Mystical Ninja
  2. Mischief Makers
  3. Pokémon Snap(I get to choose on tie breakers)
Hmmm all fun picks and don't worry all the other games will get their chance soon enough. I may do Pokémon snap first as I picked it up a few years back and never got a chance to play it and it should be the quickest to beat. Vote reset each round FYI and Conker bfd gets an instant slot in, Ive wanted to play that one a while
Oh and is Pokémon snap a straightforward playthough or do you guys have something special(but not extremely difficult) you want me to do?
First, I would strongly suggest an Everdrive. I was near a complete set of N64 before finally taking the plunge. Best decision ever...Especially when playing games like Stunt Racer and Sculptor's Cut. I was anal about taking those in and out of my 64 too many times and damaging the board.

My vote:

Mystical Ninja
Blast Corps
Hot Wheels

If Blast Corps is too cliche, play Pokemon Snap. It's my wife's favorite 64 game and you can beat that in one sitting easy.
Eh already did all the buying I'm doing for now... and I still hope for a n64 mini to happen has an even better option. Also Blast Corps is on the list

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Fair enough!

Regarding Snap, you should aim to get to the final "secret" area and snap that pic of the elusive Mew!
Any tips I should know on that one? Like how the general unlock system works

Irony is I want to work on Battle For Naboo over Rogue Squadron as I've never gotten around to beating the former(done the latter a few times)

Jockel

Oct 27, 2017
Berlin
If you want to get more games in the future, remove those tabs. FYI, if you open up the system, you can just remove the entire plastic thing, no drilling needed.
This way you not only get the opportunity to play some cool Japanese exclusives like Bangaioh, Sin & Punishment, Puyo Puyo Sun, Bomberman 64, Densha de Go 64 etc., the games are stupid cheap compared to US and EU releases.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
I would go with lesser famous games (third-party games are especially neglected on N64 and mist were never re-released afterwards.

- Wave Race 64 (so ahead of its time with its physics based gameplay and still so fun to play)
- Space Station Silicon Valley ( DMA Design, now Rockstar North, true masterpuece on N64).
- Mystical Ninja (quirky and charming japanese action-adventure game)

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone recommend a good third party controller?, the stick on my current controller isn't bad but I'm interested in both the Retro-bit Tribute 64 and the Brawler 64 but I'm not sure which way to go.

I'm leaning toward the Tribute 64 if only because of the price.

Jockel

Oct 27, 2017
Berlin
That's not a Japanese exclusive (it's in OP's collection). Or is there a Japanese Bomberman I'm not familiar with?
That's indeed the case.
Bomberman 64 (US / EU) is known as Baku Bomberman in Japan.
Second attack is Baku Bomberman 2. (And really cheap FYI).
The Japanese 64 is a 2D game with classic mechanics.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure about the other two games, but I'm going to recommend you do Space Station Silicon Valley.

That game is an underrated gem on the N64.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Mystical Ninja staring Goemon is one of my all-time favorite comfort food games so that gets my vote. Unfortunate I don't see Ogre Battle 64 in that pile.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Ok so here's the deal, I ordered Conker's Bad Fur Day, Mission Impossible and Shadowman(right under a $100 in total)
From here on out keep everything to what I Have no more new game suggestions. The idea of this thread was to encourage me to play what I have not to tempt me to buy more, I have a big enough backlog already

So remember vote for 3 games for me to start with and if they don't have a campaign to suggest a complete condition you want a picture of

Out of curiosity, do you have Kirby or DK64 elsewhere?

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I thought I'd jump in too as just last week I got my N64RGB up and running on my 25" Trinitron and I started with SM64 which to my great shame I've never finished. I'm currently 25 or so stars in and I'm surprised by how well the game holds up.

I never had an N64 as a kid so I haven't had a great deal of exposure to the platform, I think I'll follow up SM64 with OOT as despite owning the 3DS remake I never finished that either, willing to take suggestions though!

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So first day update, here's my progress
On Mischief Makers made it to area 4
SSbEF4Z.jpg

On Mystical Ninja I beat the first boss at edoe Castle
sp3mv6y.jpg

And on Pokémon snap I unlocked the river(you'll have to take my word on that one, lots of fun surprises like when I accidentally pushed Charmeleon into the lava.
And tomorrow my work week begins so we'll see how things go. Also as said before when Conker's bfd arrives it jumps to the top

andydextrous

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
1. Hybrid Heaven
2. Body Harvest
3. Blast Corps

Hybrid Heaven was so unique for it's time, even has a high-res mode which runs about as good as you'd expect on an N64.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
SSbEF4Z.jpg

sp3mv6y.jpg

And on Pokémon snap I unlocked the river(you'll have to take my word on that one, lots of fun surprises like when I accidentally pushed Charmeleon into the lava.
And tomorrow my work week begins so we'll see how things go. Also as said before when Conker's bfd arrives it jumps to the top
You're disqualified. Stretched picture, what are you doing! :D

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
SSbEF4Z.jpg

sp3mv6y.jpg

You're killing that beautiful pixel art with that aspect ratio :(

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Dive into some imports

Virtua Pro Wrestling 2
Neon Genesis Evangelian
Mystical Ninja 2
Sin & Punishment

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
We're in the endgame now
MO5S0R6.jpg

Yes I unlocked the poke flute too.. good thing too since as soon as I beat this I'm slotting in a little something that arrived today
WnYAiTM.jpg

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
And that is Pokémon Snap done!
1hryshP.jpg

Now normally I'd just move onto Beating the other two games in this batch but since it arrived it's getting added to the current group(I'll probably start it Monday)
And that is...
gAI56hV.jpg

Mission impossible?!?! No it's Bad Fur day of course
So current todo list is:
  1. Mystical Ninja
  2. Mischief Makers
  3. Conker's bad fur day
Regular turn over votes will resume after I beat these guys... or beat two and decide I need a change of pace

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
And then there was one
awY995j.jpg

Mischief Makers has been defeated (although my thumbs aren't up for getting all the yellow gems) and the final megazord fight was fun but much easier that the Pheonix gamma ironically

So that just leaves Goemon where I'm up to three teammates and have infiltrated the hot springs base(second dungeon). Conker is not part of the official count. I'm tempted to start up the next round of voting now for a longer time period but thought I'd see if you guys wanted to. Remember keep it to games I have in the op and if they are stricken through I've beaten em. And three suggestions only.

Personally I want to give Battle For Naboo a go but let's see what you guys suggest. Also Conker's is outside of normal voting

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
1) Bomberman 64
2) Tetrisphere

Both of these represent some of the most interesting and most different entries in their respective franchise, and have some of the best music from the Nintendo 64.

3) Mischief Makers

Because it's flawless.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
1) Bomberman 64
2) Tetrisphere

Both of these represent some of the most interesting and most different entries in their respective franchise, and have some of the best music from the Nintendo 64.

3) Mischief Makers

Because it's flawless.
You obviously haven't read the threadmark or three posts up, vote is open Due to me beating Mischief makers

First group of 3 defeated, time for a new vote
OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
And the batch of Pokémon Snap, Mischief Makers And Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon are officially complete!
AzASIPx.jpg

WWBVziT.jpg

I tried my best
N5csR9f.jpg

Collecting all of those will be for another runthrough as I got all the obvious ones

Which means it's time for the new vote for the next three games for me to work on! Remember to check the list in the OT and if it doesn't have a campaign give me an acheivable end goal. Also I needed some comfort food today so I 100% mumbo's mountain, Treasure Trove Cove And Clankers Cavern in Banjo Kazooie. I'm also working on Conker on my own discretion so no need to vote for that one.