• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
4v0Cboz_d.jpg

GameCube controller lol

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
You do know the Gamecube came out in 1995 then got recalled because it came out 6 years too early right OP ?

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
It's rare to see a movie or a series show consoles being used correctly lol. They always have the characters mashing the controller like an idiot.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
I hate when I see stuff like that lol. Completely drags me out of the movie/show. It's one of the reasons I really enjoyed the movie mid90s, as some one who grew up being a skater in that time period I was blown away by the crazy attention to detail in that movie. Every skate shoe, clothing, the way the kids talked was exactly true to the time period and culture. If it was set in Oregon I would swear it was a documentary of my childhood.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I remember watching a 90s soap opera and the kids were playing Mortal Kombat on their PC and the sound effects were SF's Sagat throwing tiger fireballs. I mean it takes talent to mess that up.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they clearly just had an intern run to Gamestop and grab whatever they had that was cheap (in this case, the shitty Gamestop brand GCN controller).

s-l300.jpg

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
If you screw up your eyes and consider that the lighting in the scene may have resulted in a "the dress"-type color phenomenon irt the yellow button, it's possible to imagine that this is actually a NeGcon controller:

product-99337.jpg

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
I remember an episode of The Americans (set in the early to mid 80s) when they were watching video camera footage on VHS, and they had added a bitcrusher effect on the audio (adds digital degradation artifacts by lowering the sample rate and bit depth) in post production to make it sound more "dirty".

VHS is an analog format, you morons!