• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
I've been paying Ring Fit every day during isolation and really enjoying myself. I like how HARD it is, and how it can make me ache. Especially exercises that use muscles in the back of my arm. Before the isolation I was doing Muay Thai 3 times a week, football once a week and a boot camp once a week, so I was pretty full on, and Ring Fit is still testing me.

It's not Wii Fit, though. I miss Wii Fit and wish they would bring it back. The fact that it weighed me so often, really made me think about what I ate. My dad lost 2 stone because he didn't like the shame when it weighed him, and he kept it off really well.

What I'm saying is that there's room for both, although maybe I'd like Wii Fit to become a more app like experience, bringing together data from other games. For instance I have Just Dance and Ring Fit, maybe it could read calories burnt or activity from both and log it in a centralised way. Ideally I'd also be able to read from a fitness tracker. I guess we could go the other way and allow Ring Fit to sync with Apple Health/Fit Bit.

They could maybe make the balance board a bit sleeker, too.

Or is Wii Fit just dead?

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Ehhh I prefer Ring Fit by a considerable amount, but I guess bringing the balance board back isn't impossible. Unfortunately it would likely be a separate game and not an update for Ring Fit since people would have to both download the update and go buy a board.

I love the syncing with FitBit idea though. I always wished they would make a comprehensive package called Switch Fit or something, with Ring Fit style levels, jogging levels, dance-based levels, different circuits and yoga workouts, etc and also tying into something like that so it tracks the exercise you do outdoors too and ties it all into one system. Seems very Nintendo-ish

Deleted member 12129

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Wii Fit came at a time in my life where I was ready to make a change and it was a big part of helping me do that. I didn't even have a scale in the house, I just used my Wii Fit exclusively for weighing myself for the first year or so. I took these pics of my progress at the time and I still think fondly of my time with Wii Fit when I look back on them.

crAyHTU.jpg

zyzl16z.jpg

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize Ring Fit was sold out everywhere, was looking forward to finally playing it now that I have a Switch and I'm stuck indoors.

My brother used Wii Fit back in the day, he enjoyed it from what I could tell.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Wii Fit came at a time in my life where I was ready to make a change and it was a big part of helping me do that. I didn't even have a scale in the house, I just used my Wii Fit exclusively for weighing myself for the first year or so. I took these pics of my progress at the time and I still think fondly of my time with Wii Fit when I look back on them.

crAyHTU.jpg

zyzl16z.jpg
Wow. That is amazing progress.

I didn't know that you could lose that much weight using Wii Fit.

I definitely want to get some Ring Fit in our house, but its just impossible to find.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
One of the biggest differences between Ring Fit and Wii Fit for me is portability. Thanks to the light gear and nature of the Switch itself, I've been able to keep up with it even while traveling, etc. The balance board on the other hand was quite bulky. I hear you though, I'd love some sort of experience to contextualize my ring fit work... even one of their "pseudo apps" in the NSO app would do the job. In a super ideal world, it would be able to sync with apple / android health... but I don't see Nintendo ever going there lol

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
I still use Wii Fit Plus weekly as a scale and weight control app. I don't do any of the activities anymore though. I've been using Ring Fit Adventure for the quarantine, but i really miss the gym....

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The sentient Balance Board should have been a secret final boss in Ring Fit. That's my only comment.

OP
OP

Deleted member 37151

Banned
Jan 1, 2018

crAyHTU.jpg

zyzl16z.jpg
That's awesome!

OP
OP

Deleted member 37151

Banned
Jan 1, 2018
Oh I was dieting and riding my bicycle at the time as well. Wii Fit was more of a supplement and tracker.
I guess this is what I want. The tracking element is missing from Ring Fit and having tried Fitbit, Apple Health, Withings and Nike products, no one has come close to Wii Fit in how accessible, easy to manage and engaging their tracking was.

Mar 29, 2018
I really didn't like Wii Fit. One of things everyone and their granny needed to have, but really it was a glorified scale and the activities on it were poor (IMO). Every single person I know of (the 50+ I've spoken to about it) admitted they stopped using it within weeks/ months.

I'm glad it worked for you OP but honestly RingFit is the absolutely vastly superior product for overall health, IMO. Losing weight != being fit and healthy, and RingFit actually helps you be fit and healthy (again, IMO).

That makes more sense.

Still tremendous progress.

Weight loss and seeing people getting in shape is always a pick me up.
Yeah, Wii Fit wasn't actually a fitness device, which is part of the reason I'm quite salty about it and consider RingFit an infinitely superior product.