• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
You have? This sounds like the tide pod thing. Something we all laugh about but that no-one actually does.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, it depends on the drink. People have been putting hot sauce in Bloody Mary/Marias for ages. It also goes well in a shot of whisky, imo, especially if you sink it so the shot finishes with the hotness... MMMMM! What kind of drinks have you been seeing people put hot sauce into?

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Go back 30 years and you be seeing the same thing. This is not a new thing.

OP
OP
Anthony Mooch

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, it depends on the drink. People have been putting hot sauce in Bloody Mary/Marias for ages. It also goes well in a shot of whisky, imo, especially if you sink it so the shot finishes with the hotness... MMMMM! What kind of drinks have you been seeing people put hot sauce into?
Some form of tequila or marg

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some form of tequila or marg

Ahh yeah. Tequila pairs really well with hot sauce, as efyu said above. Also jalapenos. Some folks drink tequila with sangrita as well, which is made with hot sauce, and oftentimes Bloody Marias are made with sangrita instead of regular ole bloody mary mix.

Edit: Sangrita is GOOD and should be in your life!

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
It's been five years and I still haven't recovered from the Mexikaner I drank in a club. Awful, awful, awful.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
In the Midwest, especially western Kansas, "red beer" has always been a thing. Basically they pour a pint of whatever… Miller light etc, then add tomato juice and sometimes hot sauce.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I guess their stomach ends up feeling too good after a normal night of drinking and they need to step it up. I don't have that problem myself.
I do like a good Caeser though, but one is enough.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My boss told me I should do this since I carry around a bottle of Tabasco everywhere I go, but after telling him I don't drink alcohol he told me to try it on ginger ale (since I drink it all of the time).

I've...considered it.

Deleted member 35217

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Noticed drink recipes on a few hot sauce bottles lately. Beer and hot sauce are two of my favorite things but to this point I'm still enjoying them separately.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Not the same but had some green chile beer in New Mexico that was awesome.

On topic there's a martini that is made with Sriracha, my wife has been getting it for years.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
The one I've seem before in some charles Bronson movie was him tipping some salt into a pint of beer

In the Midwest, especially western Kansas, "red beer" has always been a thing. Basically they pour a pint of whatever… Miller light etc, then add tomato juice and sometimes hot sauce.
I'm in KC and I've never heard or seen this. Is it similar to those bud lights with Clamato juice in it? Wtf

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
It's so in case something like this happens

Last edited:

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People drink Vodka with Ahoi Brause Pulver, you put the powder into your mouth and then chug your glass of vodka.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
i always wanted to try making a michelada, but there are thousands of recipes out there and i don't know which one to trust. so if anyone here is an expert in michelada making please give me your recipe.

RedBaron17

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to my new found love for chamoy, I recently discovered mangonadas and they're awesome.
Micheladas are great too

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
You should try a Caeser sometime!

Celery Salt / Caser Rimmer rimed glass
Worcestershire Sauce
Hot Sauce(Tobasco)
Ice
Vodka
Clamato(Clam + Tomato) Juice
Lemon

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Was it a bloody mary?
classic-bloody-mary-720x720-recipe.jpg

INGREDIENTS IN THE CLASSIC BLOODY MARY COCKTAIL
Lemon wedge
Lime wedge
2 oz
Vodka
4 oz
Tomato juice
2 dashes
Tabasco sauce
2 tsp
Prepared horseradish
2 dashes
Worcestershire sauce
1 pinch
Celery salt
1 pinch
Ground black pepper
1 pinch
Smoked paprika

Garnish:
Celery stalk
Lime wedge
Green olives
Parsley sprig

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who only drinks beer and wine, the thread title made me gag without thinking about the context.

But yeah, people have been doing this with vokda / tequila for a long time.

Ribs

Dec 10, 2017
You need alcohol to get vinegar so it makes sense they'll go together. Add a little of spice from the peppers and you're gold.