• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
https://www.resetera.com/threads/yo...ts-it-to-be-repaired-but-apple-refuses.37013/

You thought I was mad before when Cupertino refused to repair Linus' Mac Pro? That was nothing...

This guy bought an 80 USD VESA MOUNT for a FIVE THOUSAND USD COMPUTER and it is defective by design with some of the worst zinc screws you have ever seen. He properly installed the vesa Mount and removed it, but the screws broke and needed a repair. The people on the phone were CLUELESS, and so were some of the people in the Apple Store. Not only did the repair take forever, they had the AUDACITY TO CALL IT A FREEBIE FAVOR DUE TO ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE and absolutely ruined his original hardware, and gave him another lemon of an adapter, and he's back to square one.

Jesus wept...

That's all I can say, Jesus wept. People on the phone do not have clearance on iMac pro, genius staff have no training on iMac pro, the warehouse has no parts for iMac pro, and the authorized technicians don't have the clearance to service iMac pro. What the hell is oging on here!?!?!?!?! Hell needs to be raised, this is absolutely unacceptable and despicable. This is a lemon of a machine, with no support of any kind, defective by design accessories, and dozen and dozens of consistent horror stories due to this.

This is the worst major product Apple has ever release due to absolute incompetence and lack of any semblance of care... it is absolutely maddening. I feel so frustrated just hearing these people's stories. 3 weeks without a workstation, with the gall to call it a freebie due to accidental damage, and absolutely no real resolution at the end of the day is wrong, it's just wrong.

Jesus...

Have you ever seen something this maddening with a professional grade piece of hardware?

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
How is this not about shoddy VESA mounts?
But still, youtubers doing youtuber things on Youtube, with an extra sprinkling of outrage and disgust.

It works every time. You seem to really take this iMac thing personally.

cervanky

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You thought I was mad before when Cupertino refused to repair Linus' Mac Pro? That was nothing...
DAMN YOU CUPERTINO

cup-l-mayor_list.jpg

Someone needs to write to Mayor Darcy Paul about this, how can the good city of Cupertino let this happen!? Would Redmond let this happen? I don't think so.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Is it a hipster thing to call a company by a much less recognizable name?

OP
OP
Redhead On Moped
Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
How is this not about shoddy VESA mounts?
But still, youtubers doing youtuber things on Youtube, with an extra sprinkling of outrage and disgust.

It works every time. You seem to really take this iMac thing personally.
Did you see the video? This is about Apple's shoddy vesa Mount, as in the on they make, the shoddy service, the shoddy parts, the shoddy support, and the shoddy design.

This is all on Apple. How can anyone defend Apple when it comes to all these iMac Pro woes?

Has any other tech giant bulled this bullshit, at this cost, at this scale and has somehow gotten away with it? This is wrong.

This guy is also not doing anything out there, so I don't get what you mean by "doing YouTuber things". Did you even watch the vid?

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Did you see the video? This is about Apple's shoddy vesa Mount, as in the on they make, the shoddy service, the shoddy parts, the shoddy support, and the shoddy design.

This is all on Apple. How can anyone defend Apple when it comes to all these iMac Pro woes?

Has any other tech giant bulled this bullshit, at this cost, at this scale and has somehow gotten away with it? This is wrong.

I stand corrected. I actually don't know how i'm coping with this colossal travesty, but somehow i'm managing.

(I feel you're overreacting)

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
I like how everyone just skipped the OP cause of Huelens weird obsession with calling Apple "Cupertino".

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
$5000 and the guy in the end is just like "Whatever, it's fine, I can live with Apple damaging my iMac" just because he can't be bothered dealing with it anymore. I'd have kept bugging them everyday until they replaced the whole thing (since they obviously have problems repairing them).

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I like how everyone just skipped the OP cause of Huelens weird obsession with calling Apple "Cupertino".

This one is worse than the Linus thing IMO, just an all around shitshow of a repair. Completely botched it. Beyond the hassle, there's no way a company like Apple should be handing back a product damaged like that to a customer. Embarrassing.

OP
OP
Redhead On Moped
Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
This one is worse than the Linus thing IMO, just an all around shitshow of a repair. Completely botched it. Beyond the hassle, there's no way a company like Apple should be handing back a product damaged like that to a customer. Embarrassing.
And I give props to the guy for taking pics and footage throughout most of the ordeal, the condition the Apple Store returned the stand in was absolutely unacceptable. That being said...
$5000 and the guy in the end is just like "Whatever, it's fine, I can live with Apple damaging my iMac" just because he can't be bothered dealing with it anymore. I'd have kept bugging them everyday until they replaced the whole thing (since they obviously have problems repairing them).
His attitude towards the end disappointed me too. I would have raised so much hell the cultivars would be falling from the trees from the noise I would raise, to the ends of the earth. It's a lemon at that stage, give me a full refund or give me a brand new one.

I mean, they didn't even give him a loaner! Good god...

Like, a computer, especially a pro grade workstation is something that one is probably going to need for thier livelihood every day. The fact that loaners aren't offered has always irked me. Call me naive, but to me it makes absolutely no sense.

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Every Huelen thread is Huelen presenting the thread in the most Huelen Huelen way so the thread is not about whatever the hell it's about but it's actually about Huelen being so Huelen.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Every Huelen thread is Huelen presenting the thread in the most Huelen Huelen way so the thread is not about whatever the hell it's about but it's actually about Huelen being so Huelen.

Trump doing particularly Trump-y things "I'll just fence-sit here, i'm still unconvinced about all of this"
BestBuy taking off the factory applied screen protector from an iPad "FUCK THEM FUCK BEST BUY I DEMAND A REFUND"
Apple rejecting SteamLink App "Smart move by Cupertino"
Some weird shenanigans with regards to iMac pro repairs "THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS, WE NEED TO RIOT!"

Yes, yes it is. Don't laugh at the people who heavily invested in a pro grade machine, don't make light of the plight, call this out for what it is.
i mean, come on...

cervanky

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's more evidence of that obsession being a recurring problem than the VESA mount being a fundamentally busted part that Apple is selling to unsuspecting consumers - this repair experience was terrible, but it's just one guy's awful experience. If this is some systemic issue (and it certainly might be!), there's no proof of that in the OP. Apple sells how many iMacs, and how many VESA mounts? How do their failure rates compare to the competition? That data isn't provided in the OP, we just have one sad story from one unfortunate customer.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, yes it is. Don't laugh at the people who heavily invested in a pro grade machine, don't make light of their plight, call this out for what it is. My question in the OP remains unanswered though, can anyone think of any other product and scenario happening even remotely close to the iMac pro BS?

Ok now I am sure this is a troll thread.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Yes, yes it is. Don't laugh at the people who heavily invested in a pro grade machine, don't make light of their plight, call this out for what it is. My question in the OP remains unanswered though, can anyone think of any other product and scenario happening even remotely close to the iMac pro BS?

I can never work out if you really are a troll account or just a very odd person. I'm hoping troll to be honest.

OP
OP
Redhead On Moped
Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
There's more evidence that that's a recurring problem than the VESA mount being a fundamentally busted part that Apple is selling to unsuspecting consumers - this repair experience was terrible, but it's just one guy's awful experience. If this is some systemic issue (and it certainly might be!), there's no proof of that in the OP. Apple sells how many iMacs, and how many VESA mounts? How do their failure rates compare to the competition?
I searched around, others are having stand issues as well. Some guy even had the hinge just go, making the thing tilt forever down. It's defecitve by design.

And that part of the vid was really weird, that a person on the phone said the stand wasn't an Apple product. I mean, seriously? That makes absolutely no sense. What is going on with the piss-poor product training lately? I mean, even I had to deal with it semi-recently with a problem connecting my iPhone through Ethernet. Took 2 reps to figure out what I was talking about before a knowledgeable one helped me get the issue resolved.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Trying to figure out why Huelen gets so upset by random people's stuff not working properly.

javiBear

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm sure the guy from the video could've easily Mountain View'd a solution to his problem.