• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that's why you shouldn't buy an apple product. i'd love to own a mac again but every one i've owned has had something go wrong with it. two macbooks had keys that broke off after just a week of usage. if i'm paying £1,000+ for something i don't think the keys should be breaking that quick or at all. this was back in 2012 and it looks like they still have the same issue.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Trump doing particularly Trump-y things "I'll just fence-sit here, i'm still unconvinced about all of this"
BestBuy taking off the factory applied screen protector "FUCK THEM FUCK BEST BUY I DEMAND A REFUND"
Apple rejecting SteamLink App "Smart move by Cupertino"
Some weird shenanigans with regards to iMac pro repairs "THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS, WE NEED TO RIOT!"
Don't misconstrue Huelen's opinions re: Trump.

It's not that Huelen hates women or thinks that black lives don't matter, they just think that they matter less than iMac Pros.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Cupertino is a City, Apple is a company. Know the difference, it doesnt make you look smarter saying Cupertino.

OP
OP
Redhead On Moped
Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
LOL Genius bar is a eyeroll worthy moniker...
It was, at one point. Here's a snippet of one of the many vids with Steve explaining shit about the Apple process...

See, back in the day, they were confident, and wanted to go above and beyond, with a dedicated bar as well. And guess what? If that person couldn't help, they didn't have to wait for a manager, or another day when another tech is in, they had a dedicated Red phone so that the challenged Genius could get connected directly to Cupertino with someone with the answers.

But again, that is no more. Nothing gold can stay. Before, with thier smaller stores and dedicated bars, I got consistently better service. They treated me as a customer, not a child, not a guest, as it should be.

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
It was, at one point. Here's a snippet of one of the many vids with Steve explaining shit about the Apple process...

See, back in the day, they were confident, and wanted to go above and beyond, with a dedicated bar as well. And guess what? If that person couldn't help, they didn't have to wait for a manager, or another day when another tech is in, they had a dedicated Red phone so that the challenged Genius could get connected directly to Cupertino with someone with the answers.

But again, that is no more. Nothing gold can stay. Before, with thier smaller stores and dedicated bars, I got consistently better service. They treated me as a customer, not a child, not a guest, as it should be.

That's the crux of what I got from this video: They don't train the genius well enough anymore so that only one dude at a big store knows that the new iMac Pro even has a removable VESA mount! WTF...

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the video btw - The issue isn't with the $5.000 iMac pro, but rather the fact that the VESA mount seems to be of shoddy quality and - while user-removable has a chance of being damaged during said removal.

Now add the factors:
* the iMac Pro being is a very low volume product
* those who buy an iMac pro and mount it to a VESA mount are rather unlikely to be switching it back to the official stand within the first year of availability - which makes this defect an even more rare occurrence
* this, combined with the fact that the mostly end-consumer oriented Apple Store Geniuses clearly have sub-par training in handling that device

makes for a very unfortunate chain of events.
The fact that they apparently scratched the $5,000 machine is what would make me most annoyed. (Not to a Huelen(tm) degree ofc)

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017
Something about the OP was slightly off to me. I figured out what it is. It's the use of the word 'hell'. Huelen, you must be really mad if you've stopped using 'heck'. Reading that "heck needs to be raised" used to be one of my favourite parts of these threads.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

You're acting like a child by repeatedly referring to Apple as Cupertino.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
You sound like you care too much.

I mean Apple is overrated but the OP is a huge overreaction.

Rivi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apple products continue to be garbage. And who the hell spends 5k on an apple product and the 80$ for a vesa... are these people sweating money?

OP
OP
Redhead On Moped
Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
Apple products continue to be garbage. And who the hell spends 5k on an apple product and the 80$ for a vesa... are these people sweating money?
The 80USD VESA kit is the only official option. That o oy official option also comes with the shittiest zinc screws. It's not about sweating money, it's about lack of options. It sounds like you are nearly blaming the consumer, bot the shoddy product.

And no, Apple doesn't "continue"to produce garbage. There are a lot of great Apple products and services, the important thing is calling out these lemons.

Rivi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The 80USD VESA kit is the only official option. That o oy official option also comes with the shittiest zinc screws. It's not about sweating money, it's about lack of options. It sounds like you are nearly blaming the consumer, bot the shoddy product.

And no, Apple doesn't "continue"to produce garbage. There are a lot of great Apple products and services, the important thing is calling out these lemons.
So wait I'm nearly blaming the consumer but yet in your second paragraph you go on my claim of apple being shit. Gotcha

Leon123

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
All because Apple packaged a product not overseen by themselves as an Apple product.
This is why they shouldn't sell third-party products in their stores.
The company cheapened out by using shitty screws which fucks the product up.
It's a classic mistake made by these huge companies.
The Apple of today is not what they used to be. My biggest issue with them is their repair prices, it's kills any interest I have in an used MBP with touchbar that's over two years old.

OP
OP
Redhead On Moped
Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
All because Apple packaged a product not overseen by themselves as an Apple product.
This is why they shouldn't sell third-party products in their stores.
The company cheapened out by using shitty screws which fucks the product up.
It's a classic mistake made by these huge companies.
The Apple of today is not what they used to be. My biggest issue with them is their repair prices, it's kills any interest I have in an used MBP with touchbar that's over two years old.
See, I still think there is something missing with that part of the story...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-...r-imac-pro-space-gray/6037600.p?skuId=6037600

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/...a3e3fc9f5949b43a466bd36c553e853ccdc54ed9bea4c

MR3C2ZM/A Screams Apple product number. How could this not be an Apple product?

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Oh my God, I can't believe you're at it again with a part two of your Cupertino shenanigans. First thread was a fun read, but you can't keep self-sabotaging your threads with this insistence to refer to a company by the city they're based in.

CcoRRKS.png

Leon123

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I'm seriously thinking of selling my Apple products and jumping ship. This and the recent bend gate and MBP keyboard shenanigans have turned me off their products.
Honestly screw this company.

Auctopus

Self-requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If everyone knows so much more about computer maintenance than Apple then just build a Hackintosh and run MacOS from there.

Goron2000

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope the guy in the video takes those crappy screws to a hardware store and gets better screws to replace them. That would be a nice end to this tragic tale.

McMahon

Banned
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
I'm seriously thinking of selling my Apple products and jumping ship. This and the recent bend gate and MBP keyboard shenanigans have turned me off their products.
Honestly screw this company.
My 2017 15" MacBook Pro has been a constant headache. USB-c ports failing. Having to revert back to Sierra (at the suggestion of Apple Store techs) The thing runs slower than my 2014 Pro. All around, it's a horrible device and after this gen I think I'm moving on from their laptop products.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
So glad I bougth my Redmond Surface Pro instead of going all in on Cupertino products.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is this a troll? Referring to Apple as Cupertino, repeated capitalizing for emphasis, reads like some terrible hit piece of gutter press tech blog.

"While reading be sure you know WHEN to read with EMPHASIS because i capitalized it and I REALLY MEAN this part." - annoying to read.

Yeah whatever, it's a minor problem with some vesa mount, that probably less than 1% of iMac pro users buy, on a product that probably less than 0.01% of apple customers buy. Products have minor problems that get worked out over time, especially low volume halo products like this, buy any super car for instance, they have bugs and huge maintenance fees.

At least unlike Linus tech tips cickbate nonsense, this is a genuine problem.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Yup.

I'm done with Cupertino. I'm gunna buy a Redmond Surface Book off of Seattle.

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I'm finding humorous in the age of YouTube stars is how they're just as over produced and over dramatized as the network TV viewers hated.

It's hard for me to buy any legitimacy in these videos because of how rehearsed and dramatic they can feel.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
The Company Formerly Known as Apple (aka Cupertino) seems to have really shitty product quality standards, considering they are charging you an arm and a leg.
Oh my God, I can't believe you're at it again with a part two of your Cupertino shenanigans. First thread was a fun read, but you can't keep self-sabotaging your threads with this insistence to refer to a company by the city they're based in.

CcoRRKS.png
Is that a thing? I mean, I don't see people calling MS Redmont, or Google being referred to as Mountain View.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Cupertino is a City, Apple is a company. Know the difference, it doesnt make you look smarter saying Cupertino.
Any idiot can say Apple....only those in the know say Cupertino. I can't take anyone's opinions seriously unless they know the city names of companies. Redmond. Minato. Kyoto. Seoul. Ummm....Seoul again. Microsoft (sorry, Micro$oft), Sony, Nintendo, Samsung, LG. It's how us insiders all talk when we get together and put our fingers on the pulse!

Bisonian

Oct 27, 2017