• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Oh they will? That's a shame :(. Well I sent the DM so if it doesn't work I will make an adjustment to my post and say UK only.

Sorry everyone, I feel bad now for getting everyone's hopes up.

If it is UV you'll need UK Flixster and a VPN. If Google, a UK region account.

I'll take a UV Predator code if no one else can use it. Classic movie is classic.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Haha, sadly in the UK they just come with digital HD codes, but still I won't use them so figured I would share them with you guys.

I have all the predator movies and How The Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carrey version.)

John Candy film quotes quiz incoming...

Ok, for a code for the original Predator movie, what John Candy movie is this quote from...

"If you meet any friends, bring them back and we'll give them a ride in "Suck My Wake."

No cheating first answer wins.

Just to quote this so people know, all the codes I have are UK only so the first person to quote this post from the UK can have the first predator code.

Then I shall continue with more John Candy questions for the rest :p.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
It's an underrated classic imo. So many fantastic moments in that movie.

"BIG BEAR, BIG BEAR CHASE ME!"

Door comes down with the bear on it lol. Bouncing on top of him. It's one of my favorites of his too. Uncle Buck, Armed and Dangerous, Planes, Trains and Automobiles.....the guy was a treasure taken too soon. Hell, I even liked Harry Crumb and Delirious.

Monkeylord

Nov 8, 2017
UK
It's a foxredeem.com code for Predator, is that the same thing as UV?

All foxredeem codes only give the option of redeeming on Google now. You used to enter the code and then be given a choice between Flixter or Google, but now Google is the only option.

(also, "The Great Outdoors" is one of the few movies I caved in on and imported the US Blu ray for as I have little to no hope for a UK release).

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Door comes down with the bear on it lol. Bouncing on top of him. It's one of my favorites of his too. Uncle Buck, Armed and Dangerous, Planes, Trains and Automobiles.....the guy was a treasure taken too soon. Hell, I even liked Harry Crumb and Delirious.

I completely agree with you, John Candy was a great example of a kind and caring human being outside of his movies as well according to the people who met him and is honestly an inspiration to me, incredibly talented and taken far too soon from us all.

Planes Trains and Automobiles, the one scene that always gets me is this...

I feel like we are actually seeing John in that scene, not the character he is playing.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
All foxredeem codes only give the option of redeeming on Google now. You used to enter the code and then be given a choice between Flixter or Google, but now Google is the only option.

(also, "The Great Outdoors" is one of the few movies I caved in on and imported the US Blu ray for as I have little to no hope for a UK release).

Ah I see, I have the UK blu, is there any difference with the US import?

Or is it out on 4k in the US?

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
It's a foxredeem.com code for Predator, is that the same thing as UV?
It is probably UV. If not, I'll post back.

Google Play UK only.

Yep. Looks like the new Fox UK codes are Google UK only. Generic redeem thru Flixster is blocked.

US import would have a Movies Anywhere code.

Monkeylord

Nov 8, 2017
UK

I haven't found a UK release of The Great Outdoors on Blu ray. Only DVD. The only extras is the trailer, and they didn't even bother including a menu. There is a pop-up menu that you have to select the trailer from. here's the review of it.

US import would have a Movies Anywhere code.

Came with no codes at all.

*FAKEDIT*
I think I have entirely misread the subject of the above quotes. I apologise if this is the case.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
I haven't found a UK release of The Great Outdoors on Blu ray. Only DVD. The only extras is the trailer, and they didn't even bother including a menu. There is a pop-up menu that you have to select the trailer from. here's the review of it.

Came with no codes at all.

*FAKEDIT*
I think I have entirely misread the subject of the above quotes. I apologise if this is the case.

I got mine from Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00TFQA6PY/ref=tmm_blu_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1562192508&sr=8-2

I haven't watched it as of yet tell the truth because I have it on Amazon prime as well so it's still untouched and am not aware of any extras on it, probably has the exact same menu.

Monkeylord

Nov 8, 2017
UK
I got mine from Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00TFQA6PY/ref=tmm_blu_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1562192508&sr=8-2

I haven't watched it as of yet tell the truth because I have it on Amazon prime as well so it's still untouched and am not aware of any extras on it, probably has the exact same menu.

Ah... I came close to getting the Dutch release too, but opted for the US one instead as it was cheaper at the time. There is no UK release.

Also, back on topic, if no-one else pipes up, I will gladly take any of those UK codes off your well groomed hands... provided you eat the entire steak.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Ok so now I know for sure that the codes I have for Predator 1, 2 and Predators from the 4k boxset are all codes only redeemable in the UK at foxredeem.com

That being said, I still have the codes available along with How The Grinch Saved Christmas and the entire Harry Potter collection on digital as well from the 4k boxset.

So, for now, I will ask another John Candy trivia question and whoever answers first gets the code for Predator, UK digital redeem only.

Other people are free to answer the quiz for fun though :).

Ok so here's the question, what John Candy movie is this quote from...remember no cheating :p.

"I don't think I want to know a six-year-old who isn't a dreamer, or a sillyheart. And I sure don't want to know one who takes their student career seriously. I don't have a college degree. I don't even have a job. But I know a good kid when I see one. Because they're ALL good kids, until dried-out, brain-dead skags like you drag them down and convince them they're no good. You so much as scowl at my niece, or any other kid in this school, and I hear about it, and I'm coming looking for you! Take this quarter, go downtown, and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face! Good day to you, madam."

First one to get it wins the code :).

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Ah... I came close to getting the Dutch release too, but opted for the US one instead as it was cheaper at the time. There is no UK release.

Also, back on topic, if no-one else pipes up, I will gladly take any of those UK codes off your well groomed hands... provided you eat the entire steak.

I didn't even realise it was the Dutch release haha, shows how much attention I pay to things, I swear I am in my own little world 90% of the time.

In regards to eating the entire steak I have one thing to say...

pExDf3o.gif

More than happy to give you all the codes, if you get my John Candy trivia questions correct :-D. I was originally going to just to give them away but I made a promise to PhoncipleBone that they would all be John Candy themed giveaways haha.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I completely agree with you, John Candy was a great example of a kind and caring human being outside of his movies as well according to the people who met him and is honestly an inspiration to me, incredibly talented and taken far too soon from us all.

Planes Trains and Automobiles, the one scene that always gets me is this...

I feel like we are actually seeing John in that scene, not the character he is playing.

That scene makes me tear up. The flashback when Steve Martin remembers saying at the very least they have someone to grow old with....tears. When he's out in the car with the snow coming down on him talking to his wife...I can relate to feeling like he felt. Fuck, now I'm sad, lol.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Ok, so next John Candy question, this time the code is for Predator 2. The code is a UK code.

What role did John Candy turn down in Ghostbusters?

Remember, no cheating and first person to answer gets the code :).

Monkeylord

Nov 8, 2017
UK
Totally not stalking, btw. Just happened to be on when you asked. I'm trying to do anything to avoid the freakiness of "Moon and Me" that mah bois are going mental over atm (that Collywobble freaks me the fuck out!)

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Totally not stalking, btw. Just happened to be on when you asked. I'm trying to do anything to avoid the freakiness of "Moon and Me" that mah bois are going mental over atm (that Collywobble freaks me the fuck out!)

Haha I didn't think you were mate and yes that's right, code coming your way.

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
So I redeemed a 4k movie (The Fifth Element) on Movies Anywhere months ago, and all was fine. I just logged into my account again and it says "This title is currently unavailable in 4k". The other 4k movies I redeemed are all fine. Any idea what happened here?

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
So I redeemed a 4k movie (The Fifth Element) on Movies Anywhere months ago, and all was fine. I just logged into my account again and it says "This title is currently unavailable in 4k". The other 4k movies I redeemed are all fine. Any idea what happened here?

Screenshot plz.

Most likely you are trying to play back on a device that doesn't support 4K for the MA app.

EmptyWarren

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Got a PARAMOUNTMOVIES.COM code for Pet Sematary 2019. First to post the coolest great white shark art gets it. Shit's gotta be mean looking. Says it lets you choose your preferred service on the slip.