• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jersa

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA (USA)
GqbVwRn.png

Awful Youtube quality, but I love the stunt work in this scene. Yes, this particular shot was a model, but the rest of it is very impressive. This movie has so many in-camera special effects; it's wonderful.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
It's probably not (knowing the trivia), but Hulk? Only because there was a toad in the movie that asploded.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Alrighty, I have three US codes to give away. Each is from the 4K disc release, so should redeem in UHD on Movies Anywhere.

The movies are:

For Starship Troopers, post a screenshot of your favorite shot from a Paul Verhoeven film that is NOT Starship Troopers.

For Fifth Element, post a screenshot of your favorite shot from a Luc Besson film that is NOT Fifth Element.

For Close Encounters, post a screenshot of your favorite shot from a Steven Spielberg film that is NOT Close Encounters.

Only one entry (meaning you must pic ONE movie to enter for) per person.
I will pick my favorites for each sometime tomorrow night after I get off work.

as awesome as all three would be, I think I will go for...
Luc Besson and Nikita. Its what put him on the map, and while the whole restaurant scene/fight is amazing I love this shot in the kitchen.

stMNNLi.png

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
My favorite Kaiju from Godzilla — I have a UV code for Shin Godzilla

First to PM — WB movie code for Kong: Skull Island

Last edited:

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite Kaiju from Godzilla — I have a UV code for Shin Godzilla

First to PM — WB movie code for Kong: Skull Island
Edit, I don't need Shin. Great film, terrifying ending shot. The bureaucracy scenes made me laugh so much (it's meant to be comedic, right?) And the ever expanding official titles for Yaguchi.

Last edited:

Mr Clutch

Oct 27, 2017
Alrighty, I have three US codes to give away. Each is from the 4K disc release, so should redeem in UHD on Movies Anywhere.

The movies are:

MV5BZWFjYmZmZGQtYzg4YS00ZGE5LTgwYzAtZmQwZjQ2NDliMGVmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTUyMzE4Mzg@._V1_.jpg

BnQhrGJ.jpg

For Starship Troopers, post a screenshot of your favorite shot from a Paul Verhoeven film that is NOT Starship Troopers.

For Fifth Element, post a screenshot of your favorite shot from a Luc Besson film that is NOT Fifth Element.

For Close Encounters, post a screenshot of your favorite shot from a Steven Spielberg film that is NOT Close Encounters.

Only one entry (meaning you must pic ONE movie to enter for) per person.
I will pick my favorites for each sometime tomorrow night after I get off work.

For Starship Troopers:

MV5BNDA4M2FkODAtYWE5NC00ZDQyLWI1YjgtOWUyNjAzM2I2Mzc3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5NjM0NA@@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,755_AL_.jpg

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA

While I like that some people dug a bit deeper into the Besson catalog, this wins for me. Thank you. PM incoming!

Grant leaning on the triceratops and smiling was winning from the get go, but you had to go and drop this moment from Temple of Doom, which also has one of the best Williams' music cues to go with it. I can just hear and feel the music flowing through me just looking at a still. Extremely well played.
PM incoming!

EDIT: Also, shout out to Bor Gullet for an absolutely beautiful shot from Raiders of the Lost Ark. In strong contention, but the above pic eliciting John Williams more strongly with the visual for me is what sent it over the edge. Thank you to you both!

For Starship Troopers:

MV5BNDA4M2FkODAtYWE5NC00ZDQyLWI1YjgtOWUyNjAzM2I2Mzc3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5NjM0NA@@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,755_AL_.jpg
As with the Besson stuff, I loved that some people dug a bit deeper into the filmographies for shots (not as many as hoped), but knowing what this shot is referencing and how controversial/legendary it was upon release (I am old) just seals it. This provided me with a good laugh today, and thank you for that.
PM incoming!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Dang! Good show on the Temple of Doom pic though, even if it is the worst Indy film of the three.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Dang! Good show on the Temple of Doom pic though, even if it is the worst Indy film of the three.

That beginning though. Spielberg and Williams were on fucking point with that. And Ford making me question my sexuality.

EDIT: Again, thank you to all that submitted. I know sometimes it feels like jumping through hoops, but the fun and silly stuff like this is what makes it fun. And in the end, it is just free shit, so why not have fun with it?