What do I do with the food?

• Leave it in his usual spot in case he comes back.

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • Eat some of it, throw the rest away.

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Something else?

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
There's a homeless guy who's always busking next to the grocery store I go to every week. I noticed it was always the same guy, so a few months ago I started buying him lunch every time I come by. I drop his food off after I shop and ask him what he wants next week.

This week he's not in his usual spot. I already bought the food, and it's not stuff I really want to eat (a sandwich made of stuff that I ain't about).

What do I do with the food? Leave it in his spot in case he comes back, knowing I might be littering? Eat some of it and ditch the rest? This being a pandemic I ain't about to try pawning it off on random people at the supermarket.

What do I do with the food?

Edit: his backpack and stuff aren't in his usual spot either.

And the spot is the median in a busy intersection.

Last edited:

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Hope the guy is ok.

I don't know what I would do. I might would leave it 🤷‍♂️ . What if he just got held up/had to pee or something, and that's the only meal he knows will always be there.

Jan 3, 2018
If you leave it out, it'll probably get eaten by animals. You don't check to see if he's around before buying the food?

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
You're not his nanny, if he's not here he's not here. Eat it / give it to someone else / thrash it can go on with your day

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
If his stuff was there I'd say leave it with the stuff but since it's not you might just be out the few bucks for the sandwich.

OP
OP
yogurt

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
Find another person to give it to.
I don't see any other buskers nearby either. Maybe the shopping center harassed them? I'd have to drive around to find someone, I guess.

Don't just leave shit out. Eat what you can and toss the rest.
Yeahhh I worry about driving by in a few days and seeing a rotting sandwich laying there in a plastic bag.

Hope the guy is ok.

I don't know what I would do. I might would leave it 🤷‍♂️ . What if he just got held up/had to pee or something, and that's the only meal he knows will always be there.
I hope he's okay too. I've been parked nearby for 25 min now and no sight of him. Other times if he wasn't there I saw his stuff and he was back within a few min.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Hmmm... Guess it depends if the spot is like a bench or something - or just the sidewalk etc.. I'd probably leave it in the spot if it has good packaging.

OP
OP
yogurt

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, leaving it doesn't seem like a good idea since I've been here for almost half an hour and haven't seen him, and his stuff isn't there. I'll see if I pass anyone else on the way home, and if not I'll eat it.

Thank you for indulging my little slice of life, ERA.