• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
I got home from work and this dude was chillin in my driveway. Tells me he need the keys to my father in laws car cause he left his beer in there. I tell him to go away and I've got nothing for him. He follows me and starts calling me dad and say ive got to let him in to get his stuff. I tell him to go away or I'll call the cops. He reaches for my phone and i get hella passed but he wouldn't go away. Called the cops and he took off. Cops are looking for him now.

Edit: I ended up getting video of it but don't know how to post it.

Last edited:

Piichan

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
Sounds like you did the right thing.

Even if what he said was true, it's just beer. Why would he care so much?

Edit: Sorry, I was even assuming that somehow that was you father in law's car, but I guess it's not lol.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
👮‍♂️ok

(I read the OP, and yeah, glad you're safe. Probably a drunk. It's just... that title is such an "ok")

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Daddy why
giphy.gif

Maso

Sep 6, 2018
Emergency smokes can help diffuse the situation, but since it's at your home he'd probably just be waiting in your driveway again for more smokes.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
You did very good. I don't think I could've been as calm as you after a stranger trying to grab my phone like that, that's when you trespassed my safety-zone.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Something is definitely off, especially if he tried reaching for your phone.

At least you're all right, but be careful.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Oh I thought it was at night.......and it's much more tame then I was picturing. Guy doesn't look like he was a threat, you probably could have pushed him over easily if it got physical.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
If a man was in my driveway late at night looking to get into my father in-laws cars I sure as hell wouldn't take any chances and would call the police. There's a reason he ended up scurrying away anyway, he was up to no good.

Started making trouble in his neighborhood

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Once as a teen I got shitfaced enough to have the cops called on me after knocking on the wrong door and berating the people inside for not letting me in after I had just stepped out five minutes prior to smoke
Shit like this is why I don't drink liquor anymore, lmao.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
It's not anywhere as scary cause the guy was about 75 but 2 weeks ago an elderly man walked into my house. We have a long driveway and I had just got back from work when I hear the door open and he's looking for some random person. It was more startling and sad than scary cause he could have been working through dementia. Just didn't expect it.

Introvert

Nov 5, 2017
Could of been your son from the future. "Beer" is what powers his time machine and he needed help getting it.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Man, he just wanted to grab my beer outta his grandpapa's car, and you call the cops on him? Family values continue to deteriorate

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
A person having a diabetic incident can also appear drunk/drugged and confused, so sometimes it is a physical illness that does it.

It's good to get someone trained to figure out the condition/substance causing the issue on scene, for proper treatment.