• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Your only hope? Lots of third party games support it. Test the Zen pinball games for example (like the recent Star Wars Pinball), where you can feel the board an ball movementin the controller. Good implementations have strength settings IMO, not just on/off.
Let's see ... I only plan on buying Heroland, Luigi's Mansion and Pokemon for the rest of the year, so yes Luigi's Mansion is my only hope on this subject.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
Disappointing, but no big deal. Why does every Switch Zelda game lack meaningful HD rumble?

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
Nintendo: Hey look at this gimmicky feature we got for our new console. We made a game about it!
Also Nintendo: What gimmicky feature?

Oct 25, 2017
Are there really people who wouldn't play a remake of one of the best Zelda games ever because the controller doesn't vibrate during gameplay? Feeling vibrations and hearing that controller buzz every time I slash my sword or interact with something sounds annoying to me. I find "HD" rumble to be worse than normal Xbox/PS rumble. It just feels like a phone vibrating and lacks weight or impact.
Well if you're on the fence about buying a game you already own and beat for $60 who's fresh coat of paint isn't as polished if you like and lacks a thing you were looking forward to in addition to other issues people are waving off, sure, I'd get that.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo: Hey look at this gimmicky feature we got for our new console. We made a game about it!
Also Nintendo: What gimmicky feature?
The one they used pretty extensively in Odyssey, Super Mario Party, and other games that have an actual gameplay function for it. And less extensively in games like Smash, Mario Kart, and others as standard rumble.

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
The one they used pretty extensively in Odyssey, Super Mario Party, and other games that have an actual gameplay function for it. And less extensively in games like Smash, Mario Kart, and others as standard rumble.
While Smash and MK8D actually sound way more appealing for HD Rumble than SMP or Odyssey imo.
Edit: I guess HD Rumble for rolling dice in SMP? Didn't play the game.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rumble was an interesting gimmick in Star Fox 64, and then quickly wore out its welcome with me. Turning it off is usually the first thing I do when I start a new game. Thanks for saving me the step, Nintendo.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
While Smash and MK8D actually sound way more appealing for HD Rumble than SMP or Odyssey imo.
Edit: I guess HD Rumble for rolling dice in SMP? Didn't play the game.
SMP uses it for several mini games, and to simulate speakers and chime a tune when it's your turn. Mario Kart does this as well for coin collection.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
I honestly wish Nintendo would release cheaper Joycon without all the fancy tech in it. I don't care for HD Rumble and the IR Scanner is almost to never used in any game released aside from 1-2 Switch.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man that's a bummer :/

What would it use rumble of any sort for? People are lamenting its absence without saying how they wish it was used.

It would've been badass to have like a pulsating sensation when picking up a triforce of power and stuff like that, or for the fishing minigame, or for when you played the instruments, etc. Might've been cool to feel a vibration go from the bottom of the joycon to the top and back down again when using roc's feather - that sort of thing. So many areas where they could've implemented it. Missed opportunity.

OP
OP
lunanto

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Please non-believers, do yourselves a favour: download the Ori an The Blind Forest demo, play it and then come here and write again that rumble does not add anything to the experience of playing a videogame.

Gpur

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
What's a shame. Hd rumble is a gorgeous feature, after tried it the normal rumble seems so antiquated.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Please non-believers, do yourselves a favour: download the Ori an The Blind Forest demo, play it and then come here and write again that rumble does not add anything to the experience of playing a videogame.

Hd rumble is great... When it isn't being loud as fuck in handheld mode. Had to put it on off in multiple games because the noise the rumble makes was so loud it was annoying people around me.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
You can just imagine it being used as you grab a Piece of Power and slice through some enemies.

Damn you Nintendo, what a weird thing to omit.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
HD rumble isn't anything special. actually i completely hate rumble on the Switch. just isn't as good as any other controller.