• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tawantabe

Mar 20, 2019
I like it but I wish it had some deflection mechanics going on instead of just the hard parry.
Only made it to stage 49 I think. How do you respec your character?

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I think it was the first game in a long, long while that showed me that Team Ninja has still got it, especially impressive given the development hell the project itself seemed to have gone through.

I lays a very strong foundation for the sequel.
Itemisation makes swapping styles kinda pointless. I stuck with mid-spear for the entire game, because why bother.
I don't know if I really tried spears that much, but stances felt absolutely critical for the kusarigama, at least. Plus half the fun of it was weaving between them as necessary since they all fault useful in different contexts.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sekiro comes out, people make Nioh threads about the combat variety. Nioh 2 comes out, people will make Sekiro threads talking about missing deflect.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's a solid game with really good combat system. But combat encounters, enemy and environmental variety, level design and visuals are very lacking compared to from games

Tawantabe

Mar 20, 2019
There's an item that gives you back your points. However, be aware that it won't give you back points that you gained from lockets.

Ty. I'll have a look through the items then.
It'd just be cool if they went with bushido blade rules atleast and matching stances and attacks in the stance repelled one another.
As long as the environments don't looks so smudgey and foes are more I'll be excited for 2.

Siggy

Dec 12, 2017
There's an item that gives you back your points. However, be aware that it won't give you back points that you gained from lockets.
Ty. I'll have a look through the items then.
It'd just be cool if they went with bushido blade rules atleast and matching stances and attacks in the stance repelled one another.
As long as the environments don't looks so smudgey and foes are more I'll be excited for 2.
It's called the Book of Reincarnation. For respeccing the passives you've obtained through titles, there's also the Koan Manual.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
The Souls formula + Team Ninja DNA is an incredible match

Sekiro and Nioh have different strengths. Can't wait for Nioh 2.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Can't bring myself to finish it despite that fact. Maybe Nioh 2 will be more interesting. The only good thing about Nioh is the combat, unfortunately.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
The best thing Nioh has is being able to refashion your armors into anything else you've picked up.

Your build doesn't really start to get built until like level 150+ at earliest which I always found weird in an ARPG.

I find Nioh's difficulty not nearly as well-designed as Souls games, alot of time you feel super overpowered or you feel like the game is cheesing you into a death. This is coming from someone who has 400 hours in it and has completed all of its difficulties + DLC.

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
i hope more people check out Nioh after they're done with Sekiro. Wish i had a fresh game of this calibre waiting for me.

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
Nioh is fantastic, I'm so glad I played and more importantly, persevered with it.

I remember downloading the beta around the time I was playing on of the DS games and just didn't get on with it whatsoever, so I deleted it after probably 20 minutes of play. Then, as I always do, I gave into the hype - mostly from the community, and purchased the full game. Once it clicks, it far surpasses Dark Souls combat. It's probably on par with Bloodborne and Sekiro - both of which are great and also different from each other.

Ant_17

Oct 28, 2017
Greece
Been playing that as well. I think they focused more on the bosses than the levels, cause I love the bosses that get weak if you do stuff before getting to them. I made 1 boss more easy than the dual katana oni. I use katana and the chain blade /no clue what's it called, I call it that/ cause I'm a coward. As far as gear goes, I just look at stats and then refashion them to a set. 1 normal set is really good but my play style is fast strikes so I'm mostly low/mid stance with katana and high with chain for cheesing.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
The combat is by far the best thing about nioh, it's a shame the rest of the game is kinda mediocre/acceptable at best.

CHEROKEEE

Nov 6, 2017
Ni-Oh is an incredible game. It also gave me so much feudal Japan fantasy goodness that I frankly feel burned out on the whole setting. Hence, skipping Sekiro for now.

Yep, I´m in the same boat. I´m a HUGE Fan of all Things Feudal Japan and was drawn to NIOH for the Setting/Theme alone, although I NEVER had the urge or courage to Play any Soulsborne Game before (still havent) But that Samurai Theme sucked me in and I even Platinumed the Game last year in like 150 hours… which satisfied my FeudalJapan Itch for quite some time it seems, since I feel no Hurry to try out SEKIRO yet… might wait for NIOH2 anyway :-)

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I played Nioh before the From games, which from a combat aspect kinda spoiled the latter for me. People were raving about Bloodborne's fast combat but coming from Nioh I was like...okay?

Haven't played Sekiro, very keen to see if it'll overtake Nioh as my fav combat system this gen.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I can't wait for the inevitible beta. The devs did an amazing job of listening to feedback before and during the first game's life, and I can't wait to see what comes out of the next round. I sunk like 400 hours into this game across ps4 and pc. The amount of variety of weapon and combat styles can't be matched!

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
This thread had me load up Nioh, try to get back into the DLC, after eventually getting the gist of things down again, I walked through a door and got wrecked by Date Masamune.

I think I'll just wait for Nioh 2 to relive the combat goodness.