• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
And it's making me go mad. I really want to love this game because I loved the first one but no hit detection is bothering me completely.

Anyone a little disappointed?

Haz

You have seen.
Oct 25, 2017
All I can say is to move faster & all the time.
Other than that drop the difficulty down. Hit markers being awful is a real shame.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I beat it a few weeks ago and thought it was pretty shit. Just really boring level design and no memorable encounters.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Had it since launch and still haven't finished it. Pretty sure I'm like 2 hours from the end, gameplay is just tedious AF and the environments are boring.

Nov 8, 2017
I understand feeling frustrated with the damage feedback, but I still enjoyed it a lot. My letdown was that I don't think the characters and plot was as good because of a few misteps. There's a tonal shift at the half way point where I started enjoying it a loooot more.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Beat it last month and felt it was a terrible follow up to the first game in almost every way.

Level design was far worse, secrets and collectibles were unrewarding and placement never factored into any environmental or narrative lore. The combat was just as problematic as last time as nothing was done to address criticism, just doubling down. Story was eh...one scene was fantastic in the middle, everything else forgettable(most of the NPC's barely did anything too).

Not a fan.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Yeah this one was disappointing. I tried to replay it and didn't feel like going through it again. It wasn't a joy to play for me.

Rzarekta

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I played and beat it when it came out. The story definitely picks up and is worth playing through since you enjoyed the first, but I agree it was a chore to get through at times due to the gameplay, layout of environments, and cheap/frustrating deaths I encountered. I'm still glad I played it.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
I finished it but it felt like a massive chore compared to the first. The level design sucked ass. More collectibles then an old assassin's creed game. The side missions were all the same. I was massively disappointed. At least the story was top tier. Is the only thing it's got going for it. The shooting also felt way off on console. I dunno how they fudged that up.

Dom G

Oct 27, 2017
A little bit off topic, but can you enjoy it without playing the first one? I want to buy it when it will release on Nintendo Switch.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I picked it up when it was on sale because of all the critical acclaim it got, but after a couple hours I had to stop playing because it was such a pain in the ass. I didn't find the gameplay to be fun and the level design was just irritating

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
A little bit off topic, but can you enjoy it without playing the first one? I want to buy it when it will release on Nintendo Switch.

The first is a better game and like $5 on any other platform. Switch version will be severely gimped, even the Pro consoles don't run the game at locked 60.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
There's a specific point where the game picks up by 1000%. The first half isn't so good but it's definitely worth continuing to see what happens later.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I enjoyed the story overall but the game was really frustrating to play, one of those games that is good for a single playthrough and nothing else.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For what its worth, the game picks up by a 100% at about the 50% to 60% point in the storyst
Other than that yeah the shooting on a controller is busted, hit detection is crap, the hp thing is just bad game design, level design is boring, enemy encounters are tedious and repetitive. Ill also go ahead and say the story and setpieces aren't much compared to the last game.

D65

Oct 26, 2017
I asked if it was worth playing before...

TNO is one of my favourite games, but the gameplay in New Collosus is terrible.

dab0ne

Oct 27, 2017
I was hyped to play it... then I did. Didn't care for the level design and probably spent about 3 hours with it. I'll get back to it eventually but I'm not dying to jump back in or anything.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
It's not worse than the first game,the thing is that TNO hasn't aged well and therefore TNC suffers the same problem because they're basically the same game in its design.
TNC follows the same trend from early 2010s fps but with better graphics.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I didn't like the gameplay AT ALL. Idk why though, but the story was really entertaining. First game that I've watched on YouTube instead of playing

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I though the game had a lot of bad gameplay and level design decisions. I honestly didn't love the story aside from the
part where you get captured
so I was pretty disappointed in this game.

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly found it pretty disappointing after being surprised by the first one. I am glad I played it, but I'm even more glad I waited for a sale.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
After The New Order being one of the biggest surprises of the gen, The New Colossus was one of the biggest disappointments. Terrible level design, encounters, etc. Not really sure what the hell happened here

That said, it's worth playing through for the story. Just drop the difficulty and go through it

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Didn't this game sell poorly as well? A lot of reviews raved about it and everyone loved the original but from what I've seen it bombed and got discounted extremely quickly.

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
Seriously, fuck respawning enemies. What lazy bullshit encounter design. I kept trying to plow through it but im in the city now and the game is insufferable.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
The level design (too many dead ends), poor enemy encounters, and poorly laid out geometry made playing the game a frustrating, disappointing endeavor. I saw it through to the end because the story, voice acting, and cutscene direction were all top-notch.

BashNasty

Oct 30, 2017
I turned it down to the easiest difficulty setting and had a blast with it.

Shitty damage feedback? Cool, I'll just make sure I take no damage.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the middle of it right now, not really feeling it. Level and encounter design just isn't very good, guns sound weak, and hit detection isn't as satisfying as it should be.

Also not a fan of pre-rendered cutscenes. Makes me check out a bit.

Don't know if it would still be the case if I went back, but I remember liking the first game a lot more.

Xer0

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game stinks, and I'll forever be salty as hell that it won spots on so many top 10 lists in such an incredible year for games, last year, because of like, two cut scenes.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I start to wonder how the game gets that high of review score. I don't think I've met a single person who enjoy the gameplay.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
You're not alone, and there are a number of threads echoing as much. It's a far, far weaker game than The New Order in almost every respect. The level design and encounter pacing in particular is much poorer.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Drop the difficulty all the way down and just hack everything you fight. Much more fun than using the guns that miss 90% of the time.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Yup.

I'm there, too.

Game is still installed on my PS4, but I haven't touched it for probably over a month now. Every time I decide to give it another shot it fails to engage me or worse, frustrates the hell out of me.

Such a weird thing with this game. I know a lot of people feel the same way. Really wonder what happened.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a really inconsistent game...has some really bad parts, and when it gets good it's already over. I say take the hit and stay just for the good part even if the entire game is disappointing.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They fucked it all up. Best advice I could give is drop the difficulty down and try to just get through it.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Wow, I'm actually surprised to see so many complaints about the game, I LITERALLY just beated the game and it's fantastic, my favorite FPS from this generation (previous was DOOM)

Also I don't think it was that hard neither, beated on Bring 'em on without any difficulty besides some parts nearing the end of the game.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Story is cool, game itself is a total chore to play. Even dropping it down to easy doesn't help all that much. I was trying to force myself through it to see the story and finally decided I had better things to do with my time.

Played through TNO in like two days. Much better balance and gameplay. No idea how they messed it up so much.

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
I agree with the majority in here, biggest disappointment for me of 2017. Traded it in and I almost never do that for a game, just have no desire to ever go back.