• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lidmat

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
She said, "Daddy, what did you say?". I said, "nothing". She repeated what I had said. I frantically responded that I said, "can't", instead of "cunt".

I kept reinforcing the word "can't" the whole ride home.

Since she repeated what I had said, I'm afraid she picked it up. Should I be worried?

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
That's it, she is now forever corrupted and destined for a life of crime.

You have my condolences.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
tenor.gif

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It was bound to happen. Just admit to her that you said a bad thing and that she shouldn't do it.

FunkyMonkey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hell of a word to have ready to throw at other drivers. that one's not even on the tip of my tongue (wink). filthy american here

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I said fuck when I was like 4 when my mom hit her head and said fuck. I turned out fine...wait, sorry OP. It's over.

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
Oh yeah, well today I cursed out loud at myself for not taking a right turn fast enough, and then having to wait for oncoming traffic to pass by. I said "you fucking idiot" to myself, but a guy turning into the parking lot at just the perfect moment stared hard at me. I think he read my lips and thought I was saying that to him! hahaha. I felt bad.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol it feels awful but just tell her it's a bad word and that you will never say it again.

Or just lie to her. Doesn't matter.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
It happens. Reinforce that it is a bad word or whatever if it comes up I guess. I didn't feel comfortable swearing around my parents until adulthood, but there is a family story where we were all at the beach when I was a little kid and we were feeding the seagulls and I just yelled " FUCKING BIRDS". I guess I said I heard my dad say it. Point of the story is I was like 4 or 5 or something when that happened, but I always knew never to swear growing up, nor do I even remember that story besides it being told to me.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is why being bilingual is amazing. Curse all you want in your native tongue, like I did this morning at the pig who stopped me over for browsing my phone at a stop light and gave me a ticket.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Stay where you are. Child Protective services are on their way.
This is why being bilingual is amazing. Curse all you want in your native tongue, like I did this morning at the pig who stopped me over for browsing my phone at a stop light and gave me a ticket.

Won't this just teach your kid to curse in another language?

Stargypsy

Oct 25, 2017
I did same thing. Mike was 6. I called someone who pulled out in front of me an asshole. Same response. When we got home and as he walking into his room with the new Lego sets I had just bought him, He told his mother what I had said. He is the reason we only had one kid.

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Stay where you are. Child Protective services are on their way.

Won't this just teach your kid to curse in another language?
He doesn't pick up when I go native. He only picks up English bad words that eventually come out occasionally, which I tell him is a bad word and he should not say them.

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ehhh, I'd rather someone not dividing attention between operating a multi thousand pound vehicle and browsing their phone.
I'm sorry, I wasn't texting or watching Netflix while driving like other fucking morons. I opened my phone at a red stop light and put it back down as soon as it turned green. Do you bat for police often?

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I think the first time I got to hear my kid swear.. super young and one of them said something about all the fucking sticks on the deck. It was probably around that same age. Good times.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I'm sorry, I wasn't texting or watching Netflix while driving like other fucking morons. I opened my phone at a red stop light and put it back down as soon as it turned green. Do you bat for police often?

Don't bring my opinions of police into this, that was never the core of this discussion. You elaborating upon as to why you got a ticket for using your phone while operating a motor vehicle was enough. No need to get so defensive.

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't bring my opinions of police into this, that was never the core of this discussion. You elaborating upon as to why you got a ticket for using your phone while operating a motor vehicle was enough. No need to get so defensive.
No need to go all Blue Live Matter, either. Read my post fully next time.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
No need to go all Blue Live Matter, either. Read my post fully next time.

When did I ever go "Blue Lives Matter" you're delusional hahah. All I said was I didn't want people dividing their attention between operating a motor vehicle and using their phone. YOU brought Police into this, not me. You're ridiculous dude. I read your whole reply too BTW.

Edit: Lets not derail further, I'm not gonna post anything about it here, message me if you feel like going on. otherwise Peace.

Bdub79

Oct 25, 2017
My kids have an extended vocabulary. Strangely enough my oldest who is 7 never repeats what I say, but my 5 year old does and does it knowing what I said shouldn't be said. Old habits die hard and all that. Feels bad when it happens.

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

How dare he give you a ticket for being in the wrong, what has the world come to? Don't use your phone while driving, you're endangering others.

I'm sorry, I wasn't texting or watching Netflix while driving like other fucking morons. I opened my phone at a red stop light and put it back down as soon as it turned green.

This is what the driver did who hit me when I was on my motorcycle, injuring me. Don't fucking do it.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
My almost 4 year old says "What did the fox say?" (For Fuck's sake) Very cute.

Also starting to exclaim, a lot: "Jesus!!" at every little strange thing he sees.

I think I need to be more careful, but personally, and I know it's bad, I don't care too much... it's my own fault, he;s just repeating what he hears

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah
I'm not a parent, so I dont really feel qualified to give you advice. "Cunt" isn't probably a good swear word/slur for anyone, so just keep trying to convince her you said cant.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Don't lie to your kid... Just be honest and own up to your mistake. Kids are smarter than you think. "Yes, Daddy said X, but he shouldn't have. It's a very bad word that no one would ever use, especially in anger against another person. Even grown ups make mistakes and you should learn from Daddy's mistake."

Turn it into a teaching moment.

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When did I ever go "Blue Lives Matter" you're delusional hahah. All I said was I didn't want people dividing their attention between operating a motor vehicle and using their phone. YOU brought Police into this, not me. You're ridiculous dude. I read your whole reply too BTW.
Why do you keep repeating the ordinance like a malfunctioning robot. Looking at a phone while parked at a stop light does not mean "dividing my attention" from the augurs of operating a motor vehicle. I have been driving for 20 years without a single accident or a speeding ticket, ever. I have however seen hundreds of people yelling on their phone, browsing, texting and even watching YouTube while driving. Catch those fucks.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Don't lie to your kid... Just be honest and own up to your mistake. Kids are smarter than you think. "Yes, Daddy said X, but he shouldn't have. It's a very bad word that no one would ever use, especially in anger against another person. Even grown ups make mistakes and you should learn from Daddy's mistake."

Turn it into a teaching moment.

As a non-parent this sounds pretty spot on from my understanding of what happened when I swore very young. Sounds like solid advice.