• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Yeah, i dont think this is gonna work. Go ahead and throw her out and start with a new baby. Don't worry about starting over, it'll go by faster since you know what to do now.

Just dont flip out and call the cops when you find her cannabis stash.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Why do you keep repeating the ordinance like a malfunctioning robot. Looking at a phone while parked at a stop sign does not mean "dividing my attention" from the augurs of operating a motor vehicle. I have been driving for 20 years without a single accident or a speeding ticket, ever. I have however seen hundreds of people yelling on their phone, browsing, texting and even watching YouTube while driving. Catch those fucks.

I stopped reading after "parked at a stop sign".

I know I said I'd stop posting but I couldn't resist.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Racism.
Seriously don't worry OP I have a 6 year old: in addition to SoCal commuting I live in a part of LA populated by recent immigrants who prove on a daily basis that some stereotypes about driving skill have a solid basis in truth. I have an excellent temper and am usually pretty good but there's only so much crazy shit one can take. I've yelled "fucking moron!" more times than I care to admit and she hasn't picked it up yet.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
2012-02-10-f-word.png

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're in the shit now carnt.

Is that why there's a new bike in your profile pic?

My profile pic is just a drawing, but yeah I needed to replace the tank, bars, exhaust, pedals and cables and a bunch of other stuff to repair her. It was a nightmare.

Edit: this is it post 1k+ in repairs-

F9-FCA8-D6-FE8-A-4027-83-FE-0-F3-BBD76-C1-AD.png

Oct 27, 2017
Wait what's wrong with kids hearing curse words?

Always seemed weird to me to try and protect them from language. They just learn what words they cant say at school lol.

In your situation OP, I'd say "Adults cuss when frustrated sometimes. But that's a grown up word and you shouldn't say it until you're older."

Oct 30, 2017
I cuss around my kids sometimes, sometimes I don't. I don't make it a point to make life some weird game or pretendo world. I'm a good example, and I teach them to refrain and be well behaved. But they learn lessons from me, sometimes you get pissed or sometimes someone is an asshole.

tenor.gif

edit. I also vaccinate too lol

Don't lie to your kid... Just be honest and own up to your mistake. Kids are smarter than you think. "Yes, Daddy said X, but he shouldn't have. It's a very bad word that no one would ever use, especially in anger against another person. Even grown ups make mistakes and you should learn from Daddy's mistake."

Turn it into a teaching moment.

Or .. "dude was a jerk babe, don't be a jerk and people won't curse your name." I would argue thats a better lesson than lying to your own kid about why you were pissed at some asshole and making them believe people aren't assholes and calling them out should be corrected. I say this as a dad with a 9 and 6 year old who are well behaved little shits.

Last edited:

DJMicLuv

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You must remove her brain and burn it. Be sure not to inhale the fumes though as that's where Satan hides.

TFGB

Dec 23, 2018
OP test your little girl's resolve by doing the ice bucket challenge on her. If she swears at you then you've scarred her for life lol.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Or .. "dude was a jerk babe, don't be a jerk and people won't curse your name." I would argue thats a better lesson than lying to your own kid about why you were pissed at some asshole and making them believe people aren't assholes and calling them out should be corrected.
If your goal is to get your kid not to repeat what you said, your method isn't going to be effective. It'll reinforce using that word or phrase when they feel slighted.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
I cuss in front of my younger siblings all the time. I taught them at a young age that they're words only adults should use. They're excellent about not cussing in front of me or their grandparents though I'm sure they cuss all the time with their friends. I know I did at ten.

Just teach her that cuss words are. Tell her they're for grownups only and that she shouldn't say them because it makes others feel sad.

YMMV though

Deleted member 20892

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seriously don't worry OP I have a 6 year old: in addition to SoCal commuting I live in a part of LA populated by recent immigrants who prove on a daily basis that some stereotypes about driving skill have a solid basis in truth. I have an excellent temper and am usually pretty good but there's only so much crazy shit one can take. I've yelled "fucking moron!" more times than I care to admit and she hasn't picked it up yet.
Excuse me? What the fuck?

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
He doesn't pick up when I go native. He only picks up English bad words that eventually come out occasionally, which I tell him is a bad word and he should not say them.

I wouldn't say it's the case for everyone though, my brothers and I picked up our father's Alsatian curse words pretty well haha

gottvertami

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. I don't have any kids, but even that word isn't in my vocabulary.
I'm curious which stereotypes you're referring to. I live in OC and I would love to get your opinion.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
You may just as well let Footy Era raise her now. They will welcome her as one of theirs, don't worry.

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
I grew up in an area of Yorkshire where the word couldn't is replaced with cunt. "I cunt see her.", "I cunt get that stain out." etc. Get her into UK soaps and claim it was Emmerdale's fault.

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
She said, "Daddy, what did you say?". I said, "nothing". She repeated what I had said. I frantically responded that I said, "can't", instead of "cunt".

I kept reinforcing the word "can't" the whole ride home.

Since she repeated what I had said, I'm afraid she picked it up. Should I be worried?
Yes, she is fucked.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He doesn't pick up when I go native. He only picks up English bad words that eventually come out occasionally, which I tell him is a bad word and he should not say them.
Interesting, I figured children couldn't differentiate language classification until they reached adolescence.

Last edited:

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Wait what's wrong with kids hearing curse words?

Always seemed weird to me to try and protect them from language. They just learn what words they cant say at school lol.

In your situation OP, I'd say "Adults cuss when frustrated sometimes. But that's a grown up word and you shouldn't say it until you're older."

Kids repeat words like this. Then they can learn them at school from other kids.

Rookie mistake, OP. Take it on the chin and move on.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Well you cunt always refrain from swearing in front of your kids.

My daughter (6) scolds us when we do, she was raised like that.
Be honest and don't bring it up again. If she keeps repeating that, sometimes it's better to just ignore it and she'll forget.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
My 4yo son picked up "malaka" from watching too much AC odyssey. It was hilarious at first, but I started ignoring it and now he has forgotten it. Better to babe apologized and explained in the first place, OP, but that ship has sailed. Hopefully she forgets this one.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's too late OP, that is her entry point into a whole new lifestyle you brought upon her.

But, there is hope.

Was the driver you were cursing at being a cunt? If so, you can at least justify it to your wife.

"No, no, no, no, trust me, this guy needed to know!"

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I'm always trying my hardest not to curse when I'm around children but I've warned my wife that there's a big chance that our children will be the ones to teach curse words to the other kids in school...

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cuss in front of my younger siblings all the time. I taught them at a young age that they're words only adults should use. They're excellent about not cussing in front of me or their grandparents though I'm sure they cuss all the time with their friends. I know I did at ten.

Just teach her that cuss words are. Tell her they're for grownups only and that she shouldn't say them because it makes others feel sad.

YMMV though
This. I know it's not a good thing by any stretch, but I swear in front of my kids probably daily.

My kids have all said a word they shouldn't have at one point but that's the extent of it. You tell them not to use that word because it isn't nice, and life keeps rolling right along.

I'm not naive enough to think they never say them ever, but as long as it's not causing a problem I really couldn't care less.

Also, don't swear in front of other people's kids, it's rude.