• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

scrambledeggs

Apr 25, 2018
My younger siblings have heard me cuss so many times, I think the concept of saying "bad" words have pretty much lost its luster for them lmao. But then again they've always been pretty good about not repeating cuss words, even when you try coaxing it out of them for giggles; my baby brother doesn't even want to spell them out.

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
Wtf is up with that guy on the first page who thinks it's okay to whip his phone out at a red light lol holy shit.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Hahahahahahahahahaha...

I thought this was just like 'fuck' or whatever. But now, you've gone and done it, you've taught your daughter the cunt-word.

95% of the bad words I learned while my dad was driving or playing Ms. Pac-man. I agree with the other parents that you just gotta own up to it, but now the moment is lost. Your 5 year old is gonna go to school and the next time someone does something they're not supposed to, she's going to call them a cunt, get in trouble, and then not understand why because daddy said 'cant' when someone cut in front of him. She'll be punished, sent to remedial classes, get influenced by other bad kids, and now she's on the path to juvenile detention, a life of crime, and, ultimately, the slammer. ALL BECAUSE THAT CANT CUT YOU OFF.

I'm sorry, I wasn't texting or watching Netflix while driving like other fucking morons. I opened my phone at a red stop light and put it back down as soon as it turned green. Do you bat for police often?

No need to go all Blue Live Matter, either. Read my post fully next time.

This is one of the all time great jumps to ridiculous conclusions.

Next, you should call him a Trump supporting proud boy neonazi, for calling you out for using your phone while driving. It's the only way this conversation can go.

Last edited:

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
tenor.gif

Lmao

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
haha impressed you made it to age five for her to repeat you.

both my kids are eagle eared for curses. so What the FUCK in the car is not uncommon.

Oct 30, 2017
That's a cute story, until you get to the child abuse. (And I realize you're joking with your "recommendation", but if your parents did that to you, then that's not cool at all.)
I never considered it child abuse? I held soap in my mouth and spit it out. If there was a bar of soap then I sat with that in my mouth for five minutes.

Of course I wouldn't recommend it because it served zero purpose and is stupid to begin with, but it also remains a standout punishment tactic from my childhood. I preferred it to a belt.

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I never considered it child abuse? I held soap in my mouth and spit it out. If there was a bar of soap then I sat with that in my mouth for five minutes.

Of course I wouldn't recommend it because it served zero purpose and is stupid to begin with, but it also remains a standout punishment tactic from my childhood. I preferred it to a belt.
some parent's think they're really doing ya in with these weird ass punishments
13yr old me was thinking 'i still prefer soap to taking my gameboy you out of touch idiot' haha

Contrite

Dec 12, 2017
... Just explain it to her? What's the dilemma here?

Also: Is 'cunt' extra taboo now? That's news to me.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
She said, "Daddy, what did you say?". I said, "nothing". She repeated what I had said. I frantically responded that I said, "can't", instead of "cunt".

I kept reinforcing the word "can't" the whole ride home.

Since she repeated what I had said, I'm afraid she picked it up. Should I be worried?

Don't make it a big deal, and let it go and they will let it go. You reinforcing the word, your daughter will keep on saying the other word.