• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BackLogJoe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm walking my mail route, listening to an art podcast when I hear some sirens. I pause my podcast and realize it's the emergency sirens going off.

Cool. I keep walking nonchalantly but then realize it's neither Tuesday nor 10am. That's when they test the sirens here. Tuesday at 10.

Now a few years ago I would have just been like, ahhh, it's a malfunction or something.

But today I froze in my steps and thought, Trump did something to distract from the Stormy Daniels interview. I work right next to an air force base so I turned toward it and tried to listen for planes scrambling.

I was terrified.

Fuck Donald Trump.

Fuck being scared.

Please do your thing soon, Mueller.

I honestly thought for a minute something terrible had happened.

So, they installed new sirens and had to test them.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Everyone hates him.

The only people left who support him are the ignorant and uninformed. Well that and the people who are too proud and too arrogant to admit they were wrong about him and continue to support him publicly even though its abundantly clear he is a disaster.

And yeah that sounds terrifying. As someone who lives in tornado alley I have expierenced the unexpected sirens and what they mean. Makes your blood run cold.

beelzebozo

Oct 26, 2017
yes, same

let us hope he is ejected from office in a propulsive and meteoric fashion, leaving him disgraced and financially ruined, let us hope and hope and more than that, let us vote

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
With just a loan of one million dollars from your father, you too can grow up and destroy your very own country. Isn't that inspiring?

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is just a symptom of how fucked up the country has always been

tino

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you live next to an air base you don't live in a large metropolis, you have nothing to worry about.

Skinny Pete

Nov 2, 2017
Most people hate the guy. The only thing I can say about all of this shit is I hope it wakes up people and we all learn to never skip an election again.

chicken_pasta

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think Donald Trump hasn't really changed the US in any major way, he's only letting the average citizen express his racism, bigotry and other flaws openly.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
My favorite thing is seeing Trump supporters say "He's making other countries respect America again" or some variation of that.

As a Canadian, no. No, that's not what he's doing at all.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As an outsider, it feels like the US has finally been shown a mirror. What's scary is a lot of Americans like what they see.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
He has a consistant 40% approval rating.

As of now, I think he has an alarmingly good chance at reelection.

By everyone I meant anyone who has an ounce of integrity or intelligence. I then said that he is supported by the ignorant and the uninformed and they make up the number you quoted. Also 40% is being generous. Thats not to mention the fact that the rest of the world hates him as much as the majority of the US does.

That being said he does not have a single solitary chance in hell to be re-elected. People will elect a moldy ham sandwich before they allow that walking disaster back in the White House. Hell I don't think he will even complete his first term.

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Trump was needed in order for Americans to address some of the injustices in their society. I am pretty sure his elections opened up some people eyes

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
This country has always had problems, he just exploited them properly.

I'm not holding my breath for an impeachment. He could even get re-elected. I just hope the blue wave is real and people vote.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
That being said he does not have a single solitary chance in hell to be re-elected. People will elect a moldy ham sandwich before they allow that walking disaster back in the White House. Hell I don't think he will even complete his first term.

This type of talk sounds awfully familiar...when have I heard people saying things like this before....

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the stress is creeping into my everyday life. It's Nothing life altering where I can't do shit but the constant dread is there and in the back of my mind.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I'm walking my mail route, listening to an art podcast when I hear some sirens. I pause my podcast and realize it's the emergency sirens going off.

Cool. I keep walking nonchalantly but then realize it's neither Tuesday nor 10am. That's when they test the sirens here. Tuesday at 10.

Now a few years ago I would have just been like, ahhh, it's a malfunction or something.

But today I froze in my steps and thought, Trump did something to distract from the Stormy Daniels interview. I work right next to an air force base so I turned toward it and tried to listen for planes scrambling.

I was terrified.

Fuck Donald Trump.

Fuck being scared.

Please do your thing soon, Mueller.

I honestly thought for a minute something terrible had happened.

So, they installed new sirens and had to test them.

Trump is a very bad president, but you need to take a step back and recalibrate, it's unhealthy what you're describing right now. Maybe try visiting with a therapist so they can give you tools to help alleviate your anxiety.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Trump was needed in order for Americans to address some of the injustices in their society. I am pretty sure his elections opened up some people eyes
There are days where I subscribe to the whole, "Trump is a virus used to spur the antibodies of our society" mantra. I just hope we can actually get back all the things we'll lose under him. Even if we ousted him tomorrow, Health Care is all the way fucked. Immigration will likely be all the way fucked too. We're looking at some Reagan style decades long recovery to policies he wants to put in place.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This type of talk sounds awfully familiar...when have I heard people saying things like this before....

No before it was speculation. He has now shown even his own supporters that he has no fucking clue what he is doing. He will not be re-elected.

Its a moot point anyway since there is a decent chance he won't even complete his first term.

Skinny Pete

Nov 2, 2017
I will say I am confident Mueller will get to the bottom of everything and the American people, in large part due to younger voters, won't re-elect this shit head in 2020.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
He has a consistant 40% approval rating.

As of now, I think he has an alarmingly good chance at reelection.
Yeah he is in deep water polling wise but my biggest fear is that he gets a boost whenever he does something a little 'presidential' like not go off script or stop spewing verbal diarrhea for at least five seconds. The bar he has to overcome has become so low that he give limbo champions a run for thier money.

It also doesn't alleviate my fears when we all know that the average American has a political memory worse than that of a gold fish, so yeah.

RogerK

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
Places that he won by a good margin are now flipping blue like crazy. So I would breathe easy to be honest.

I wouldn't be so certain. Local elections are an entirely different ball game when compared to national elections and the minority party always has a bit more excitement going into midterms. I mean Republicans regained the House and Senate when Obama was president and he went on to serve 2 terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.