• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
For the record, I have never told anyone (until today) that my son is completely uninterested in the prequels or that he doesn't like sweets (except fruit). He's only 4, so the Mandalorian bored him. He went and played with his Marvel figures while we watched.

He loves the Last Jedi. (STATUS!)

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Depending on the age of the kids you are referring to, it's very likely that those kids prefer the unedited OT, because Mommy or Daddy said it's superior while the rest is trash and kids soak up those opinions like a sponge. Doesn't mean that kid has an exquisit taste and it's nothing the parents should brag about...

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC

Yeah, that's not my advice, it's medical advice. Had it affect my youngest kids teeth because my lazy ex-wife just jammed it in her mouth as a stay at home mom to shut her up till nearly 4. I ended up just throwing them all out.

I didn't say you had to, but it is recommended, and it can cause problems whether you like it or not. So back at you.

Screw medical advice though, stupid doctor's thinking they know better!!!

TheDudePT

Banned
Oct 3, 2019
Portugal
There isn't a single photo of any of my two kids online. I never discuss them either.

I'm happy when my oldest likes stuff that I like, but I never go around talking about that sort of stuff with other people.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Miles has Dispraxia, so I constantly have to deal with parents who's kids are ahead of him in a lot of areas. I do have a bit of pride in that, even though his speech is behind and his physical prowess is behind, he beat them all to being able to write letters.

Basically, parents like to talk about their kids. It often trumps their better social judgement.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People with kids can be very annoying, I just don't have social media so I don't have to be exposed to it and when a coworker tells me about their 4 year old's finger painting like it's the Mona Lisa I just politely smile and nod so that I don't come off as an asshole even though I don't give a single shit about anything the kid does.

Shin Kojima

Oct 27, 2017
Just don't talk about your kids. Nobody cares, unless it can somehow make them feel better about their own kid (as OP demonstrated with the asshole in his example).

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
We have dressed our sons in ironic geek tees, Ralph Lauren, the kiddiest cartoon duck overalls, and fucking sweat pants with a stained white shirt. Sometime we do it for fun, sometimes we want them to look nice, sometimes we don't give a fuck.

Anyone who has a problem can kiss my ass.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
If your kid likes jar jar you need to take a long look at yourself in the mirror and do some soul searching. It's chapter one in Dr spocks book.
Seriously though, the prequels are trash, OT rules, original cuts. Might as well force your kid to be vegan OP

Oct 28, 2017
The other day my daughter pointed at a Lego statue of Darth Maul and called him Kylo Ren. I corrected her and she shrugged it off saying "They're the same"... I have failed as a parent.

I know the feeling.

My son years ago put on a cape and ran into the front room yelling "I'm Spider-Man!!" I said to myself, how is it possible, growing up in my house could I have made this big of a mistake?

10 years have passed since that faithful day and he is now "matured" into a full fledged anime scholar and has won multiple Smash Tourneys.

Still tho...spiderman?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know the feeling.

My son years ago put on a cape and ran into the front room yelling "I'm Spider-Man!!" I said to myself, how is it possible, growing up in my house could I have made this big of a mistake?

10 years have passed since that faithful day and he is now "matured" into a full fledged anime scholar and has won multiple Smash Tourneys.

Still tho...spiderman?

tumblr_poqumezt8r1teqsn2o9_r3_250.gifv

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
My 9 year old nephew had Rainbow as a favorite band for a few years now.

This week, i found him listening to some shitty french RnB dude.

My disappointment is immense.

Is that what you wanted to hear OP ?

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
My son is only 1 so he hasn't done anything worth bragging about. But if one day he does, I will be sure to post it on my Facebook because I'm a proud parent.

Other people's insecurities aren't really my cross to bear. The unfollow/unfriend button is a tap away.

Edit: Obviously I wouldn't bring my child's achievements up during a conversation about another parent's struggles. But social media? Yeah, I'll post what's important in my life.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Yeah, that's not my advice, it's medical advice. Had it affect my youngest kids teeth because my lazy ex-wife just jammed it in her mouth as a stay at home mom to shut her up till nearly 4. I ended up just throwing them all out.

I didn't say you had to, but it is recommended, and it can cause problems whether you like it or not. So back at you.

Screw medical advice though, stupid doctor's thinking they know better!!!
Assuming that I didn't already know, take my daughter to a dentist (she doesn't use it enough to have it be detrimental to her dental health) or work on getting rid of it, is the problem. If I wanted your advice on how to raise my kid, I'd ask for it. Back seating parenting goes hand in hand with "my kid is better than your kid" nonsense.

Oct 31, 2017
Assuming that I didn't already know, take my daughter to a dentist (she doesn't use it enough to have it be detrimental to her dental health) or work on getting rid of it, is the problem. If I wanted your advice on how to raise my kid, I'd ask for it. Back seating parenting goes hand in hand with "my kid is better than your kid" nonsense.
That user is just trying to give you advice and isn't competing with you. Every single parent makes mistakes. Let go of your ego.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Maybe I'm missing context on how they spoke to you, OP, but you offered up your opinion on how your kid enjoyed the trilogy on some facebook thread where people were talking about introducing their kids to Star Wars, so I'm not sure what you were expecting? Like going to a thread about kids enjoying transformers and starting a Trukk not Munkey debate.

GasPanic!

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah not about kids, but until a few years ago my gf never seen any of the movies. I watched the prequels first and then the OT with her. She actually found the prequels more enjoyable and lost interest during Return of the Jedi and until today she doesn't know how it ends. I am still a bit baffled about that.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
God damn sodium levels are on some next level shit in this thread.

Pro tip: Anyone making a thread about how much they don't care about someone else's kid cares WAY too much about someone else's kid...

Or they're venting here because telling said parents they don't give a shit to their faces would be rude and/or get them into trouble.

It doesn't secretly mean they care.

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Millennial parents who force their kids to watch their nerd stuff deserve the guillotine