• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really really want to see Hux try and get in Kylo's way. He's such a snake. Don't even care if he immediately gets nixed for it, it just feels so right after all the little passive aggressive shit between them. That part in TLJ where he sees Kylo passed out and immediately goes for his blaster cracked me up cause a little shit like Hux would totally do that. That could provide an interesting subplot in IX.

I love that scene. The way he very, very quickly hides the blaster again the moment Ben stirs is hilarious.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
The down side of fully embracing the part of the force that relies on giving in to your basest instincts and acting on your every emotion is that, if you're an unstable manchild, it's just going to make you more of an unstable manchild.

Compass

alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I think we can all agree that Kylo is every mass shooter.

Yes?

Personally the worst aspect of the new movies.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be weird when he's redeemed for killing his own father and causing the deaths of billions.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think we can all agree that Kylo is every mass shooter.

Yes?

Personally the worst aspect of the new movies.
It's going to be weird when he's redeemed for killing his own father and causing the deaths of billions.
It's overwrought teen angst to the new generation, but they really lost the plot on how youthful cynicism works. So he's basically a try-hard that really overdid things to the max or whatever.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
It's overwrought teen angst to the new generation, but they really lost the plot on how youthful cynicism works. So he's basically a try-hard that really overdid things to the max or whatever.
Could you imagine if someone tried to write a redemption arc for a character based on any of the white supremacist shooters from the last couple of years?

I suppose the only way this ends satisfactorily is if Rey decapitates Kylo and buries the Skywalker line for good because 2 out of 3 of the men in that line were assholes.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I kind of feel like that JJ Abrams was setting up Snoke to be the main "villain" for the trilogy but then Rian kind of threw a whole monkey wrench into that with his movie so they really had to scramble for someone that actually poses a sense of danger/threat to Rey, and that's why we have the Emperor back.

Kylo I feel like with TLJ he had the best set up for a redemption arc but that too was thrown away with the "a ha gotcha" moment so now he's just kind of like there back in the weird space of being a proto main villain but not being that actually terrifying because we've already seen him get beat by Rey before.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah I think the character arc is actually pretty well set up ... he can't fully embrace the Dark Side and struggles with it and that's shown in both films, and that's going to come to a head in Ep. IX where he probably will help Rey at some point, but I would suspect he will have to die in doing so.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
He would be interesting if he was this unstable and weird but also super skilled and incredibly dangerous. Now he's just boring garbage.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I kind of feel like that JJ Abrams was setting up Snoke to be the main "villain" for the trilogy but then Rian kind of threw a whole monkey wrench into that with his movie so they really had to scramble for someone that actually poses a sense of danger/threat to Rey, and that's why we have the Emperor back.

Kylo I feel like with TLJ he had the best set up for a redemption arc but that too was thrown away with the "a ha gotcha" moment so now he's just kind of like there back in the weird space of being a proto main villain but not being that actually terrifying because we've already seen him get beat by Rey before.
Snoke was trash. He was like a visual mashup of Gollum and Goldmember.

kPwSuon.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.