• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I fucking tip pverseaa like a cliche American. What? The bartenders all seemed to appreciate it, they tell me so unlike like in America where it's expected. So, WTF are all the overseas tipping experts liars? These people want a tip even though they don't act like it. Also, don't be so quick to fuck off after giving me change, maybe I'll tip. But, if you throw me change and don't look back don't expect a tip.

Berlin danke. One more day then we'll see how the Czech appreciate tips.

EDIT:

People I was piss drunk when I made this thread. No need to get so animated against each other.

Last edited:

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I mean yea. People love to be tipped money for a job well done. It should make both parties feel good.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
213px-Character_Hedonismbot.png

Show them how it's done in the land of opulence and disposable income, OP.

Jul 18, 2018
I tip generously overseas when I'm at small diners, family owned places, carts etc. Don't give a fk, they deserve it.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I do too I dont give af about this no tip movement. Most of these waitresses work with terrible wages despite working their ass off.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
I mean, I was always thankful for tips when I got them - but I never expected them or worried about them when I was working in food because well... I was paid $23/h to prepare, pack and deliver food and wasn't relying on others generosity and social shaming to survive.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I too enjoy being given extra money from generous people for no particular reason.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
In my trip to Italy last month, I was specifically told by a waiter (as we were getting our money out) that they didn't accept Tips.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
OP getting waitresses yelled at once he leaves the restaurant

And the don't tip thing is mostly waitstaff not bartenders.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
Tips are built in to the food prices in Europe. You're overpaying if you tip, like effectively tipping 40%

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Also why do Germans always drink bottled water, your tap water actually tastes good lol

genjiZERO

Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Richmond
It's not that they don't want the tip - it's that the tip isn't expected (when it comes to servers). Everyone wants a little tip sometimes.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Tips are built in to the food prices in Europe. You're overpaying if you tip, like effectively tipping 40%
"Europe", it varies restaurant to restaurant let alone country to country. The only thing you definitely shouldn't tip for is when service is included on the bill.
I was tryng to remember if it was Rome or Florence. I think it was Florence
Tipping is pretty common at restaurants in big cities in Italy, the only thing I can think of is that you were either at a place that charges separately for service already or you were way off the tourist path.

Also Florence is awesome, hope you enjoyed your trip.

OP
OP
BossAttack

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Most likely does. OP's logic is that you have to tip no matter the service you receive and pay for.

Absolutely not, tip for good service. Only in US is tip just outright excepted without any effort. I tipped where I could this night. Sorry other black guy in Berlin bartending, I can't remember if I tipped you, but you also forgot my water.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Absolutely not, tip for good service. Only in US is tip just outright excepted without any effort. I tipped where I could this night. Sorry other black guy in Berlin bartending, I can't remember if I tipped you, but you also forgot my water.
Agree.
I always have a tip for my delivery drivers when I order food, even though most don't even wait for it if you don't call out, they just leave instantly.
Last time I remember not tipping was because after waiting for 58 minutes for my pizza that left the restaurant after 20 minutes, I finally got a 100% cold pizza.
...I'm still mad about that

Ryaaan14

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
It's astounding to me how shamelessly cheap some mothafuckas can be on this very board about not feeling like tipping, or just being against it

U cheap asses