• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
You're already better than the banned members who chose to blame other people instead of themselves for their mistakes.

Deleted member 6215

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No idea about any of the details that got you banned, but that's a solid apology. Nice to see this kind of thing.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And? People are allowed to get attached to whatever they want, and there's nothing wrong with that. At the same time, saying toxic shit is bad no matter the reason. I don't know the full context of the OPs ban, but people need to remember that the people they're talking to here are real people. SOme with severe emotional issues like depression. What make come off to you as a light hearted joke or a petty insult could really hurt the person on the other side of the screen

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We are fucking doomed. I just hope that when shit hits the fan, I will be at some place safe. Brazil isn't one of them, neither is the USA. I don't see how things could possibly get better without the escalation of a full blown world war, and it sucks because I made my living believing in the law. Believing in the system. Believing that people like me could hack the system and make this a better place.

Era seems like a safe place, but fucking isn't . If my head wasn't in a cool place, this place would be fucking toxic as fuck for me. And we question ourselves because shit like Etika happens. We are killing each other. We are punching down each other.

If I get a ban out of this, that's fucking ok. I just ended a relationship but I'm eager to meet this girl that I've been quite infatuated with but fate magically brought us together after we both just broke up. I don't really care about box office records and shit like that. I care about things that make me hopeful in the world we are fucking living in. I care about escapism, in order to be ready to fight in real life, with real world issues.

Do you want to break me, clique Era?

YOU. FUCKING. CAN'T.

The real world around us is worst than you but not even them could.

Would I be sad if I got banned? Yeah. I would. But I don't fucking feel welcome here, and when this place started, it felt like a safe haven from all the shit that is going on in the real world. I don't really blame Era for becoming a fucking monster. The world went to fucking shit. I get that, but I wish we could stand together, you know? My home team just got a big win. My life doesn't suck. I'm proud of the life I lead up until here, regardless how hopeless everything else, including fucking Era makes me feel. But this is the nightmare we are all living in, isn't? "Go out there and vote". I will. And I will fight. I have all the reasons for it.

I don't feel like I belong in this place. I'm fucking sick of the cliques and get hammered down every fucking day. This was supposed to be fucking safe haven for people like us. I've met crazy nice people. But the bad far much outweighs the good, and this goes all the way to the fucking top chain. Yep, I'm drunk, happy, crying and kinda proud of myself for having the guts to spell this shit out. We were supposed to be way fucking better than we are right now. We were supposed to not allow fucking bullies to thrive and shit over people like we do here.

And yet, we fucking are not. This has become a place of fucking cliques and shit like just the "old place" and other shitholes in the internet. And when all the people at the top are complacent, what makes this places better than the other places again?

And I'm fucking sick of it. Our world is fucking sick. Thank fucking the force I have a kick ass support system, thank the fuck I have good people, real life people around me. Because if I was suicidal, this place isn't fucking healthy. This place isn't healthy not even for people that are fucking healthy. We need to get fucking better on how we treat each other. The world has gone to fucking shit. Yes, FUCKING YES, ban permanently the bigots, the white supremacists, the homophobes, the transphobes, the racists, the sexists, the fucking rapists. But we need to learn to have more fucking empathy among ourselves, and remember that this was supposed to be fucking safe haven. Not for the fucking cliques. But for every fucking one of us.

Is this a copy/paste meme of another post or something?

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
We are fucking doomed. I just hope that when shit hits the fan, I will be at some place safe. Brazil isn't one of them, neither is the USA. I don't see how things could possibly get better without the escalation of a full blown world war, and it sucks because I made my living believing in the law. Believing in the system. Believing that people like me could hack the system and make this a better place.

Era seems like a safe place, but fucking isn't . If my head wasn't in a cool place, this place would be fucking toxic as fuck for me. And we question ourselves because shit like Etika happens. We are killing each other. We are punching down each other.

If I get a ban out of this, that's fucking ok. I just ended a relationship but I'm eager to meet this girl that I've been quite infatuated with but fate magically brought us together after we both just broke up. I don't really care about box office records and shit like that. I care about things that make me hopeful in the world we are fucking living in. I care about escapism, in order to be ready to fight in real life, with real world issues.

YOU. FUCKING. CAN'T.

Would I be sad if I got banned? Yeah. I would. But I don't fucking feel welcome here, and when this place started, it felt like a safe haven from all the shit that is going on in the real world. I don't really blame Era for becoming a fucking monster. The world went to fucking shit. I get that, but I wish we could stand together, you know? My home team just got a big win. My life doesn't suck. I'm proud of the life I lead up until here, regardless how hopeless everything else, including fucking Era makes me feel. But this is the nightmare we are all living in, isn't? "Go out there and vote". I will. And I will fight. I have all the reasons for it.

I don't feel like I belong in this place. I'm fucking sick of the cliques and get hammered down every fucking day. This was supposed to be fucking safe haven for people like us. I've met crazy nice people. But the bad far much outweighs the good, and this goes all the way to the fucking top chain. Yep, I'm drunk, happy, crying and kinda proud of myself for having the guts to spell this shit out. We were supposed to be way fucking better than we are right now. We were supposed to not allow fucking bullies to thrive and shit over people like we do here.

And yet, we fucking are not. This has become a place of fucking cliques and shit like just the "old place" and other shitholes in the internet. And when all the people at the top are complacent, what makes this places better than the other places again?

And I'm fucking sick of it. Our world is fucking sick. Thank fucking the force I have a kick ass support system, thank the fuck I have good people, real life people around me. Because if I was suicidal, this place isn't fucking healthy. This place isn't healthy not even for people that are fucking healthy. We need to get fucking better on how we treat each other. The world has gone to fucking shit. Yes, FUCKING YES, ban permanently the bigots, the white supremacists, the homophobes, the transphobes, the racists, the sexists, the fucking rapists. But we need to learn to have more fucking empathy among ourselves, and remember that this was supposed to be fucking safe haven. Not for the fucking cliques. But for every fucking one of us.
BYi8B9z.gif

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
And? People are allowed to get attached to whatever they want, and there's nothing wrong with that. At the same time, saying toxic shit is bad no matter the reason. I don't know the full context of the OPs ban, but people need to remember that the people they're talking to here are real people. SOme with severe emotional issues like depression. What make come off to you as a light hearted joke or a petty insult could really hurt the person on the other side of the screen

Sure they're allowed to get attached, but is it healthy to, if it results in behavior that gets you banned? There is such a thing as unhealthy attachments.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sure they're allowed to get attached, but is it healthy to, if it results in behavior that gets you banned? There is such a thing as unhealthy attachments.
Sure, and that's why learning restraint is necessary. But at the same time, I think it's rude to make light of someone's feelings towards something they're passionate about, no matter how silly it may seem to you

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Dude, chill. No one takes it seriously, and we all have bad days where we pick fights. We love you, in the end. Good to have you back!

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
No problems man, we all get ourselves in over our heads and say dumb things. Many times I've gotten worked up and replyed in anger, saying things I would never do normally. Takes a big person to admit to their mistakes and try to better themselves.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dude, chill. No one takes it seriously. We love you.
I don't necessarily agree with this attitude. Most people on the forum don't take these sorts of arguements seriously, but some might. And you really don't know which people here might have serious issues and look to this forum as a safe space, for better or worse. That's why I think the OP is absolutely right to reflect and try to better themselves

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
Sure, and that's why learning restraint is necessary. But at the same time, I think it's rude to make light of someone's feelings towards something they're passionate about, no matter how silly it may seem to you

Hmm I'm the opposite. My comment was absolutely meant to make light of it. They should be able to make light of their overreaction and move on. Don't beat themselves up over it. Chuckle about it and grow from the experience. Because in the end, it's Pokémon.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, your thread just gave me an idea.

It would be cool if there was a thread where people that got banned could acknowledge what they did wrong and what they had learned from their ban. Even if it was just an act for some, the act of communicating the results of introspection matters.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I've never been banned on any platform before. What's it like?
I'd imagine it'd be like being a ghost, only being able to observe but not interact.

Anyway I'm glad you took the time to reflect on your actions OP. Being banned on a forum may be a small deal for lots of people, but you took it upon yourself to see it as a lesson to self-improve. It's quite admirable.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
I don't necessarily agree with this attitude. Most people on the forum don't take these sorts of arguements seriously, but some might. And you really don't know which people here might have serious issues and look to this forum as a safe space, for better or worse. That's why I think the OP is absolutely right to reflect and try to better themselves
Oh no, I'm not dismissing the post. I fucking love that OP is aware enough. But, overall chill, we don't take certain actions seriously and won't think any different. :)

(Maybe I used the word chill cause it's MOTHERFUCKING HOT AT MY FRIENDS HOUSE AND HIS AC IS DEAD! I need to literally chill!!)

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, your thread just gave me an idea.

It would be cool if there was a thread where people that got banned could acknowledge what they did wrong and what they had learned from their ban. Even if it was just an act for some, the act of communicating the results of introspection matters.
Interesting. It could also be a dedicated section with a specific thread for each banned user wherein only the user and admins/mods can respond. Also, there will be a poll wherein everyone can decide whether the user will be banned permanently.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. It could also be a dedicated section with a specific thread for each banned user wherein only the user and admins/mods can respond. Also, there will be a poll wherein everyone can decide whether the user will be banned permanently.
I don't feel like mob rule with regards to bans is a good idea tbh

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Yup, putting the phone down or closing your comp and walking away for a second does wonders, as does recognizing when you were wylin. Also, why does Pokémon make people so heated...? Those threads are something else

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Owning up to mistakes is a very honorable thing to do. I respect people more when they admit their wrong doings, it shows they have the ability to reflect upon themselves and have an understanding of the situation at hand. Good on you OP.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
How to survive in Era:

1) Don't talk about things you don't know: Don't just blurt our the first thing that comes to mind. It is okay to not know things; I t's even better to just read sometimes.

2) Mind your business: As the famous wise woman Tiffany Pollard once said, "you should have just sat there and ate your food." Don't insert yourself in the middle of charged topics where you'll most likely speak out of turn and suffer a ban for it.

OP
OP
TyraZaurus

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
Honestly, this is a problem I've had recurring, for a number of years, and I always begin addressing it with apologies and promises to do better only to start the whole thing over again. So... don't give me too much credit, either. Because this isn't the first time.

I dunno. I don't want to get too much into self flagellation, but this has been eating away at me. I have depression, social anxiety, and honestly, a lot worse mistakes than this behind me that this isn't the time or place to address. But I do legitimately want to grow past this.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

YOU. FUCKING. CAN'T.

tenor.gif

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Honestly, this is a problem I've had recurring, for a number of years, and I always begin addressing it with apologies and promises to do better only to start the whole thing over again. So... don't give me too much credit, either. Because this isn't the first time.

I dunno. I don't want to get too much into self flagellation, but this has been eating away at me. I have depression, social anxiety, and honestly, a lot worse mistakes than this behind me that this isn't the time or place to address. But I do legitimately want to grow past this.

Type out your response on notepad app or better yet, write it out by hand. Then read it back to yourself and ask... really? Is this worth it? By the time I'm done writing out my " come back" and reading it to myself I've cooled down. If you write it out and come to find that your response to whatever has irked you is something that doesn't warrant a long response then... it's probably just someone baiting you/ trolling/instigating a fight. The ignore button is very useful

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

YOU. FUCKING. CAN'T.

Oh my god

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I've never been banned on any platform before. What's it like?
I'd imagine it'd be like being a ghost, only being able to observe but not interact.

Anyway I'm glad you took the time to reflect on your actions OP. Being banned on a forum may be a small deal for lots of people, but you took it upon yourself to see it as a lesson to self-improve. It's quite admirable.

It depends on the platform. Usually it prevents all access while logged in. Some places like Reddit prevent you from posting in that particular subreddit, but you can still browse it all you like.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA

YOU. FUCKING. CAN'T.

XS5LK.gif

Dec 2, 2017
I get so mad discussing the sword and shield controversy I have stopped posting in threads or on social media about it. It's incredibly unconstructive anger.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017

YOU. FUCKING. CAN'T.

Someone link me.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

YOU. FUCKING. CAN'T.

Zatt died so that we may get a new meme.