• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Ok i have GTA5 since day one on PC and i just made 1/3 of the main game on it...because...wow i found it boring.

Am i the only one...? Because i fell like i'm an alien

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
The main story is pretty fun, even if a lot of missions are basically linear. Just follow the target marker.

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
Send that post to Rockstar, they might re-consider how they develop GTA6.

Oct 26, 2017
For me it was just entertaining enough to play until watching the end, but it never felt truly engaging.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I appreciate the attention to detail and the worlds that feel genuinely alive, but I agree. The gameplay loop just isn't all that appealing to me.

DickHams

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Started it on PS3, tried again on PC the day it came out, and yeah, I just can't finish it. It's the same with me for most open world games, though. If I'm finding I have too many possible things I can do, I can't decide on any one thing and I just end up giving up.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Michael and Trevor parts are much better, in my opinion. Maybe you should just give it more time.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
about that

Ubisoft get shit on every topic
But Naughty Dog and Rockstar and Bethesda have a "pass". Why??

Because GTA V still has you doing different stuff, even if it's linear. Ubisoft games have you replaying the same mission over and over again disguised as something different.

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Arbor, Mi
Yeah, it's on the weaker side when it comes to narrative. Seems to me that most of R* resources were invested in creating a playground (city) for the online infrastructure. Game basically dies once you finish the SP content.

deussupreme

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loved the main game. The slow load times killed online play for me. Never even got the chance to judge the in-game economy because I just couldn't deal with the load times and quite playing it.

MaximusPayne

Dec 14, 2017
Trevor was the best thing out of GTA5. It's the only thing keeping me watching this season of The Walking Dead, also.

I didn't finish GTAV, either.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I found it entertaining enough as prolonged spectacle. The gameplay was meh, but the way the mission got more ridiculous and over-the-top as it went on kept me engaged.

But I can easily see how a person wouldn't like it.

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I feel the same way about Red Dead Redemption

Nothing the game offered felt particularly deep or satisfying. The story was straight-forward, but felt dragged out and was filled with just a bunch of walking stereotypes (some fun, others not so much)

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I did not like it at all. The world is well made and has lots of great details. But I hate how it controls and I hated most of the missions (especially long boring ones where I drive A to B or use large machinery). I didn't find it funny or entertaining outside of my rampages.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's an open world. Explore it. Find your own fun if the main story line is not doing it for you.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the premise of it, mechanics or control. Same with RDR.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
So if i enjoy a lot AC Origins but i don't about GTA5 i have bad taste?

Only if you don't recognize that Ubisoft missions generally trick you into thinking you're doing something new when you aren't. I played most of the Assassin Creed and Far Cry games, when a new mission says, "Go here and kill this person and retrieve the item" i'm not going to think it's something new just because the bland story sidequest they wrote to go along with it is something different.

Or unlocking all the damn safe houses, or clearing the map, or getting the Viewpoints, or doing the same hunting/trial challenges.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I think I just don't like the "modern" ones as much.

OP
OP
Kylo Rey

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Only if you don't recognize that Ubisoft missions generally trick you into thinking you're doing something new when you aren't. I played most of the Assassin Creed and Far Cry games, when a new mission says, "Go here and kill this person and retrieve the item" i'm not going to think it's something new just because the bland story sidequest they wrote to go along with it is something different.

Or unlocking all the damn safe houses, or clearing the map, or getting the Viewpoints, or doing the same hunting/trial challenges.

So
I have bad taste

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I found the previous games Boring, but I really enjoyed V.

Should I make a thread?

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Finished it in PS3 and bought the X1 version because I thought it would be great to have the "remastered" version.

I still haven't got to the Trevor reveal after a year and a half.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i don't think i've ever played a GTA over 5 hrs or so. just isn't my thing i guess

sleeping dogs is the only game in the genre i really enjoyed to be honest

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
GTA4's repetitive gameplay and lack of simulation advances soured me on open world games myself. I'm super particular on them now, and bigger is almost always worse.

I want more interesting stories, more detail in smaller areas, and most of all much bigger advances in simulation and AI systems to play with.

A bunch of boxes with window textures and dumb AI peds on paths doesn't do it for me.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I almost had to force myself to finish it for some reason. In contrast, I was pretty hooked with GTA4, as well as Episodes from Liberty City.

OP
OP
Kylo Rey

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
I found the previous games Boring, but I really enjoyed V.

Should I make a thread?

i don't know
See all the ubisoft hate threads everywhere?
I mean, can we say that Rockstar and Naughty Dogs aren't parfect also or is Ubisoft the devil incarnate that even lootbox in SWBF2 is a poney beside Yves Guillemot?

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
i don't know
See all the ubisoft hate threads everywhere?
I mean, can we say that Rockstar and Naughty Dogs aren't parfect also or is Ubisoft the devil incarnate that even lootbox in SWBF2 is a poney beside Yves Guillemot?

I haven't seen any Ubisoft hate threads recently. Both Assassin's Creed Origins and Far Cry 5 are getting tons of praise.

Deleted member 34239

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 24, 2017
Ok i have GTA5 since day one on PC and i just made 1/3 of the main game on it...because...wow i found it boring.

Am i the only one...? Because i fell like i'm an alien
That's because it is. My least favorite GTA game and it's not even close. I finished the game shortly after it was released on the ps4 and the feeling of disappointment I experienced will not soon be forgotten. I've tried to boot it up and get into gta online to see what all the hoopla is about and I also find it really boring. I still frequently play GTA 4 on the Xbox one x via backwards compatibility though and I'm enjoying that a lot more despite the terrible graphics.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Beautifully designed open world with precious few ways to interact with it, making everything feel like window dressing.

Seriously, there's so much on the map that just... sits there for you to look at.

The best way I can describe GTAV's world is like a closed amusement park. Lots of rides, no way to ride them.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Same, GTA IV was much better. Regularly coming back to that game. Forgot about V almost immediately.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The story feels like its going to end and then it just drives off the motorway and heads in a different, boring drawn out direction imo.

topplehat

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
Yeah got kinda bored of it myself. Really hate how characters move in that game, feels like you're walking through molasses. Driving was alright though.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Couldn't get through it either. I liked the story and characters but I don't find the gameplay engaging.

For me, part of it is how the controls feel and the characters move. It's just sluggish, and not in a realistic way.

Oct 30, 2017
The world was fantastic. Loved exploring it but got tired of the missions probably 75% through. Really wished they used to the max Payne 3 shooting gameplay. I was expecting it and thought this game was gonna blow my mind with that combo but then the shooting was nowhere near max Payne 3... real wasted opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.