• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
3:50am
v4KOk1K.jpg

3:55am
AUxJcU4.jpg

J1jvL37.gif

I, uh... well I guess I needed to vent some frustration, in a way. It felt cathartic, but now I'm cold (I went all the way and fully shaved, don't worry).
I needed to go bald eventually because I lost too many hair anyway and had too little hair left on the top, but I clung desperately to it. I didn't give a shit last night though so I took an electric razor and went at it.
Should I put that second pic on my tinder profile? I have a few more that are... worse, in the mad scientist department.

No idea what the purpose of this thread is. I just know that I took my divorce really hard, these past 12 months (since the break up) have been hell, but after I shaved (and took some stupid pics), I felt a little better, just a bit. Still, I want to buy some caps now.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, you have to run your own Zaibatsu now, those are the rules

(Hope things get better for you)

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Just don't become a divorce bracelet twitter reply guy. If you manage that you will be doing better than 70% of divorced guys.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
That's a lot tamer that expected. I was thinking you got a face tattoo or shacked up with someone you shouldn't have.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
You went from a guy I'd have a beer with in a bar to a guy that needs to notify me if you move into the neighborhood because of that "one silly mistake"

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Well setting aside 'things done in a fit of rage', the silver lining is that your noggin has a great shape (for if and when you do go bald)!

If you really want to try that online dating malarkey, go right ahead but I'd definitely recommend trimming the rest of shrubbery first.

Oct 27, 2017
I think I read somewhere that head-shaving is a common response to trauma. An attempt to reassert control or something...

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't fucking believe it an era thread about a bad haircut with PICS?! And in my lifetime!!!!

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I feel really bad for laughing at this. Damn, hope you get through it, man. Can't imagine how it feels.

Oct 26, 2017
At first I thought you gave yourself the Kavanaugh cut but damn dude

Hope everything gets better for you soon, just gotta weather it out

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just shave your head, it feels good. I'm not bald, I have a lot of hair, but I used to do it because it felt nice. Will do it again soon.

Last edited:

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
I did this several times, shaving my head is an automatic answer to difficult situations for me. And I make weird haircuts while I'm at it. Last time, 2 month ago, I made a top tier punk mohawk. For a short but beautiful moment, I was a No FX fan.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Max Payne did it for a reason!

I think the psychological explanation is that it gives people a feeling of "control" over something when they feel like they don't know what to do.

OP
OP
Nikus

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't fucking believe it an era thread about a bad haircut with PICS?! And in my lifetime!!!!
I know right. I've been burned too many times by threads were we had to beg for pages to get a pic, and most of the times we didn't even get one. I wanted to break the curse.
I feel really bad for laughing at this. Damn, hope you get through it, man. Can't imagine how it feels.
Don't feel bad, that was the point :p
I was feeling down and suddenly made something stupid that made me laugh, so I wanted to share.

And for the final result, kinda. Not sure if I keep it like this, using an electric razor regularly, or if I clean shave it. Clean shave would maybe look better but it's more maintenance...
9KRqImU.jpg

I need to hit the gym now, because I took too much weight this past year, because of post-breakup depression, yada yada... And maybe grow the beard properly.

Last edited:

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Just hope you still have the ability to grow back your former luscious mane again OP. You don't want to share the fate of Elaine's purposefully-shaving-head-for-swimming-only-to- end-up-actually-being-stuck-bald swimmer boyfriend on 'Seinfeld'. A sad, sad tale.

kurt-the-little-jerry-seinfeld.jpg

OP
OP
Nikus

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think I read somewhere that head-shaving is a common response to trauma. An attempt to reassert control or something...
Max Payne did it for a reason!

I think the psychological explanation is that it gives people a feeling of "control" over something when they feel like they don't know what to do.
Yup, it's also an easy way to see myself in a new way, and to move on. I'm not quite there yet but I don't know, it could help kickstart the process.
And I think Max Payne played a part in it actually, since I played Max Payne 3 for the first time a few months ago, and at first I didn't like his new look at all, but by the end I got used to it and thought he looked great.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're not the first one to mention It today, one of my friends thought the same.
I wonder why...

kMjrNAf.jpg

I know right. I've been burned too many times by threads were we had to beg for pages to get a pic, and most of the times we didn't even get one. I wanted to break the curse.

Don't feel bad, that was the point :p
I was feeling down and suddenly made something stupid that made me laugh, so I wanted to share.

And for the final result, kinda. Not sure if I keep it like this, using an electric razor regularly, or if I clean shave it. Clean shave would maybe look better but it's more maintenance...
9KRqImU.jpg

I need to hit the gym now, because I took too much weight this past year, because of post-breakup depression, yada yada... And maybe grow the beard properly.

a7c7fe75-5f4b-4634-9bfc-d90ca96bd0c2.png