• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1273

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
L2vWVKj.jpg

It was very late, weekend night.

I was talking with a friend about the impact of the battle royale style of games and how we think it won't last as much as for example the MOBAs or the FPS arcade games. This discussion went for quite a bit and we agreed that the game was fun but maybe it lacked some "personality" and that's where other companies (Epic Games) could take advantage with a more fun or charismatic overall design of the world, weapons, etc.

I went to bed and instead of switching directly to Super Mario Odyssey, I watched some Guy's. I love Guy Fieri and I think the guy could sell you anything. He has a show where he goes to different small restaurants and basically makes you hungry with juicy burgers, whatever they are selling. Free marketing for small groups by an incredibly charismatic guy.

Then I went to sleep.

In my dream, Guy Fieri was PlayerUnknown. He revealed in the E3 his passion for modding and released a trailer for BURGERGROUNDS;

100 players will fight to make the best burger, and only one can win.

The mechanics were more or less like this;

You drop from an helicopter, you land on the Burgergrounds, and you need to find the best materials to craft the perfect burger.

Some other players will try to "Outcook" you by knocking you out and stealing your ingredients so you have to arm yourself and prepare for the combat.

It played just like PUBG but with a final score system based on what you had on your backpack at the end of the match, let's say you had nice grilled meat, some buns and sauce, based on that, you get credits.

Pretty much it was the same game, with drive thrus replacing some structures in the Murder Island, but yeah, pretty much the same game.

I woke up and I thought it was damn silly but also damn cool, and I wanted to share it with you guys.

Have you ever had a dream about a fake game that you wished it was real? Can you explain it to us?

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Why's he holding a chicken breast or something and not a burger? Guy please.

giblet

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sorry, but I'm now going to develop this game. It's going to be called Flavortown though.

Thanks for the idea :D

OP
OP

Deleted member 1273

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you explain the loot box system on this one, OP?
Easy.

They are called Meals.

There are different Meals for you, you go to the main page, go to the drive thru window and you order your Meal, they go in rarities, you have Overcooked Meal (cheap) Medium Meal (normal) Rare Meal (pricey) and then the Special meals based on events and such.

In each meal you get different hairstyles, beards, bowling shirts, you name it.
I'm sorry, but I'm now going to develop this game. It's going to be called Flavortown though.

Thanks for the idea :D
The Island is called Flavortown and "It's always Spicy in Flavortown" is where the Cooks first gather for the best ingredients

Nall

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like an idea that is so crazy, that it just ends up working really well. It's actually pretty clever. Hell, I'd play it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1273

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't expect such warm reception for the thread, thank you a lot?
Do you have anything remotely close to this?

OhMyZach

Oct 27, 2017
I had a dream about a game like Pokémon, I guess? You had to run around and catch people and then use them to fight others. But if your 'person' lost the fight, you'd get captured.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The airdrops contain rare brioche buns, thick cut peppered bacon, havarti cheese, and crispy as f*** shoe string fried onions.

The vehicles are food trucks with nicely seasoned flat tops, and deep friers.

Im in, Im so in.

H3xum

Oct 30, 2017
This is the most rational irrational fear I have read in awhile. Thanks for the nightmares

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
This made me have a good laugh OP. I would so play that game. I personally have not had dreams to that level unfortunately. That game should be called Guy Fieri's Flavor town.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1273

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1QXkblJ.png

My name is Guy Fieri and this is Flavortown.

99 cooks and you are going to jump right into the battle of chefs, your objective? make the best meal in the whole island, but the others have that mission as well, gather all the enchiladas, peppers, onions, the best beef to make the perfect meal; the better the stuff, the higher the score.

But things are about to get spicy in this fight of heat, because the other cooks might steal your recipe, so watch your back and fight back.

Give everything you have, and let's cook in Flavortown

atamize

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
When you're outside the ring of death he pops up and goes "That is Out of Bounds!"

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to admit I got a good laugh out of this OP. Good job.

If I had anything to add it would be that all player models are based off of real life celebrity chefs. I want the original Japanese Chef's in there, Gordon Ramsay, Bobby Flay, Rachel Ray, and so on.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
As long as I can unlock gold-plated premium buns, I'm on board.

Deleted member 1484

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Easy.

They are called Meals.

There are different Meals for you, you go to the main page, go to the drive thru window and you order your Meal, they go in rarities, you have Overcooked Meal (cheap) Medium Meal (normal) Rare Meal (pricey) and then the Special meals based on events and such.

In each meal you get different hairstyles, beards, bowling shirts, you name it.

The Island is called Flavortown and "It's always Spicy in Flavortown" is where the Cooks first gather for the best ingredients

Sold. I would like 100x Special Meals please.

I had a dream years ago in wich Ronald Reagan was M.Bison

Please go on