• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
For so many reasons. I'm already fully prepared for a Big thread backfire...but is there anyone else out there that feels the same?
Not only do they stifle creativity, but they're fueled by content thieves who are making a living off the work of others. Stealing funny tweets / jokes / images, and using them to gain a following on social media to sell sponsorships.

Outside of that, I think they genuinely stop people from sharing any original thoughts, shorten attention spans, and reduce nuanced ideas or topics to two sentences without any context or substance.

I just fucking detest it. Nothing stops me from disengaging with a person faster than "have you seen this meme?" It's just so disinteresting, particularly when I know I've probably seen it from some other uninteresting person who shared it before.

Am I just old and bitter? Yes

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is this a meme that's just way too meta or what

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
The problem with memes (now) is that they've reached a point to where most of them regurgitate older memes, but they are slightly different variations of them. I'm over them.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The problem with memes (now) is that they've reached a point to where most of them regurgitate older memes, but they are slightly different variations of them. I'm over them.
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.