• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Canoli316

Jan 19, 2018
There is such pleasure when you forget something in your car and have to go get it. The person looking for a space thinks you're leaving when you're actually not. They speed off in annoyance.

SolmisateSol

Nov 2, 2017
Parking, especially when it's sparse, is a really tough situation for both parties man. We've all been the person who's driven around the parking lot twice looking for an empty spot, and to me it seems pretty inconsiderate to dilly dally on your phone while someone's waiting for you to pull out of your open spot. You're being selfish in public in a way that makes it inconvenient for everyone but you.

Maeros

Dec 21, 2017
In my country there is very little space for parking. So if you go drive around in circles then you just loop around to that one person sitting in his car just driving away but someone else already is standing on front now taking up that place. So you would be pretty dumb to do that. And as such in my country its more rude if you go chill in your car like that and make others wait.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Community college was fun. For the most part classes started at the same time and one building had a smallish parking lot with a half mile walk to the other lot. Let me tell you watch things go down in the parking lot at five minutes to 8am 11am and 2pm was amazing. Great theater.

Oct 25, 2017
Should 100% be illegal.

Traffic is meant to continuously flow, these people are monsters, full stop.

All it does is create more frustration and anger on the road, just keep fucking circling garbage person.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What's fun is when you have two young kids that you are trying to get set in their car seats and some guy feels the need to wait and honk over and over again. I guess he expects me to throw them in the trunk and hope they are ok when I get home. I usually smile and give a wave when I'm done.

I had that happen one time with my nephew. I yelled at the chick in the car "You gonna get out and help me?"

Luckily she stayed in her car.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The only problem here is you caring about them. You don't have to rush. If you feel like being nice you can just eat your finger to indicate you're not leaving.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
There is such pleasure when you forget something in your car and have to go get it. The person looking for a space thinks you're leaving when you're actually not. They speed off in annoyance.
Or when you're walking through a parking lot with a bag, they're following you, and oops, it's just the shortest route to the bus stop, you don't even have a car.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What's fun is when you have two young kids that you are trying to get set in their car seats and some guy feels the need to wait and honk over and over again. I guess he expects me to throw them in the trunk and hope they are ok when I get home. I usually smile and give a wave when I'm done.

Holy shit. I've never had someone be aggressive towards me. They are usually very courteous. I tell them I got kids and shit to pack or we. They usually either leave or tell me to take my time.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
If I know someone is doing this to me I typically don't leave the spot and sit there just to spite them.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

Holy shit. I've never had someone be aggressive towards me. They are usually very courteous. I tell them I got kids and shit to pack or we. They usually either leave or tell me to take my time.

It's happened to me a handful of times. Like, sorry, I'm going as fast as I can you lunatic.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm sorry OP but if you have ever experienced the fresh hell that is trying to park at a Costco or a busy shopping mall on a weekend you'd be singing a different time. You do what you have to do to find a spot. I wait but I would never honk though and if someone does that to me I just take my time and give them the bird on my way out.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't bother me as much if I am the one leaving, although if they are blocking the aisle (which the almost always are) by parking their butt there and signaling, it does still irritate me as they give no two shits about blocking others in the aisle just so they can get their spot. And if I am the person that gets stuck behind them, then I am well, more than irritated.

I see this shit at Costco all the time, always busy as fuck.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
The only time it annoys me is when it's a parking garage and the people waiting are just being jerks because they don't want to have to park on a higher level. The parking garage at the hospital people will wait for a spot while more and more cars continue to queue in behind the line. You can end up with 3 or 4 people doing it on your way up to the 7th or 8th floor, plus add in all the jackasses that will insist on backing into a spot with a line of cars behind them, and you can spend 15 to 20 minutes for a drive that should take no more than 2 or 3 minutes.

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind this too much but I dislike when they stop so close it is difficult to get out, and I dislike being followed to my car. Someone waiting for my space but not crowding me while they do it, I probably wouldn't even notice it was happening.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyep.

You're fucked if you don't do this at Costco. It's a necessity.

I also don't see what the big issue is, and if people are waiting for you to leave but you're not leaving, just give em' a friendly wave. If they're waiting for you to leave and you are leaving, what's the big deal? They're just trying to find a spot.

Lol @ people saying this should be illegal - maybe you just weren't ready to get your license yet.

Vctor182

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm talking about people who, if they see someone in a car, they immediately just sit there and signal, no fucks given.

It's fucking annoying, and honestly inconsiderate IMO.

Parking in university always stressed me the fuck out. Sometimes I'd have a long gap and I just wanted to have a little break in my car. 9 times out of 10 I'd get people in their car signaling and standing there until they figure out that I'm not leaving, instead of maybe driving around for probably not even a minute.

And when I finished class during a time where it's kinda busy, I would always dread going to the parking lot because that meant people following me to my car (coming up to me and asking me if I need a ride to my car, for instance) or people watching me like a hawk. I'd hurry tf up and immediately get out just so those people don't wait. Like yeah, you could say "maybe don't chill in your car" but why? I mean I've NEVER sat there and signaled waiting for a parking spot. I'll drive around and look for an open spot. If it's kind of far, oh well. I wouldn't want to rush people or make them uncomfortable, and while a lot of the time there's wiggle room for cars behind, it's still annoying, especially if the car in front kind of abruptly stops.

And a lot of times, the people who do this, will do this even if there's other parking spaces very close by. They just don't want to walk more than 3 feet.

There's a street near where I live that's super crowded and someone ALWAYS signals and waits for a car to leave the spot and then slowly parallel park into the spot, and everyone behind them has to wait an eternity for this process to finish because there's never any wiggle room, when there's plenty of fucking space to park like 30 feet away.

Like I'm just tired of it. But maybe I'm in the minority and being ridiculous but UGHHHH like in my mind basically people don't wanna walk even a little. Who else agrees???
Can't agree to this. How can you say they are inconsiderate when you are also being inconsiderate, if you are leaving the spot is up for grabs. If you're not then just wave them to let them know you're not, simple as that. When I go to my car and see someone waiting or looking for a spot I always give them a signal to let them know and I leave as soon as possible, I mean, I'm already leaving so why waste my and other people's time.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At my college this was the difference between a 2 minute walk to class and a 15 minute walk to class because of how their stupid lots are schemed around the building I had to go to.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
a few weeks ago I signaled for a spot where the person had to unload their groceries first, then bring back the cart and back to the car again. took minutes while more and more cars had to wait behind me in the garage without a way to pass me.
no regrets, parking is war in my tiny ass country and I know they would all have done the same.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, should be illegal. Puts unnecessary pressure on the person in the parking space as well who now needs to leave as quick as possible.

if it's a nightmare parking situation like the mall at Xmas as long as they signal, pull in to let folks go around them - and make eye contact with the person leaving it's actually smart. The offensive thing is idiots who know you're waiting for them to leave the spot and don't wave or indicate that they're not actually leaving.

Or nimrods who have space to go around you but won't- sometimes because unbelievably- they want the same spot and are too self absorbed to understand why their honking is unreasonable-

or people who won't leave the spot until they screw around doing tedious stuff in their car that they could do elsewhere and keep the traffic moving. If you're not planning to leave then wave and indicate that to the waiting vehicle.

If people do this — but block the lane backing up traffic and don't actually have a good reason to expect the car is leaving the spot then obviously they're vermin.

When I'm leaving a spot somewhere with crazy parking I always nod to the person waiting or wave to a car creeping towards my spot to tell them I.I am leaving - and I leave quickly and efficiently.

Nov 17, 2017
This is the only way to survive downtown or in University parking. Either you wait for the guy who's leaving or drive around for half an hour and walk extra blocks to your destination.
Yeah in my neighborhood you take what you can get. I've literally circled my apartment for over 30 minutes before. If I see a person who looks like they may possibly leave, you bet I'm going to wait to see if they're leaving. It could literally be the difference between getting home 5 minutes from then and 40 minutes from then.

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
People looking for a spot should be patient and not pressure the person leaving.

The people leaving should be considerate of their fellow person and not dawdle unnecessarily in a crowded parking lot.

It's not that complicated...generally, people should just try to be good to each other.

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
I live in an overcrowded area and have to street park...you better believe I'm waiting the second I see someone lol

granted I'll pull over as far as I can so people should be able to go around...

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
No one gets mad at someone waiting for a spot in Philly street parking, and this is Philly we're talking about. Part of life.

Wtf is this attitude caused by eating Avocado Toast? I swear some of y'all are straight up misanthropes.

Remember that time you were desperate to park? Try to do an empathy laaawwwd

Hey now, Avocado toast is for milennials. You're likely talking to people way younger.

Deleted member 36086

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 13, 2017
OP is prolly the type of person that writes a check to pay for a couple items in the express lane in the supermarket.

Oct 27, 2017
The people that complain about this shouldn't be allowed to operate motor vehicles.

Probably the same people who drive in the passing lane on the highway and don't know how to merge from a freeflow lane.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I park immediately as soon as I see the potential for there to be a lack of a spot to park. I'm usually going into the store to walk around so I don't get why some people are so worried about the trek up to the store.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
I'm the opposite, if its super busy at a store/grocery store, get in your car and gtfo.
Agreed. And it's all about context here.

Grocery store parking lot 3/4 full but plenty of spots left? Yeah, this person can just go fucking park in the back, screw them.

College campus, state fair, Christmas at the mall with zero open spots? Yeah, I'll perform the courtesy of getting in my car get pulling out quickly to free up my space.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird how hostile people get about topics like this.

I think OP is fine in not liking it, and I agree that most of the time it makes more sense to just keep driving and finding a different spot. There are times where waiting makes sense too though, like a lot of people have mentioned with packed parking lots where maybe you don't have a choice.

If you see somebody coming up to wait and you plan to just sit in your car, be polite and wave them along. If you see a parking spot nearby but somebody is walking to their car, consider giving them some space and walk the extra couple of feet.

One thing that annoys me is when somebody waits for a parking spot and holds up a huge line of cars. You parking like 20 feet closer is probably not worth holding up 5 vehicles of people.

FunkyPajamas

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People looking for a spot should be patient and not pressure the person leaving.

The people leaving should be considerate of their fellow person and not dawdle unnecessarily in a crowded parking lot.

It's not that complicated...generally, people should just try to be good to each other.
This is it really. It's what it's all about.

Honestly it baffles me that it seems like a lot of people on this site are constantly angry and trying to make life worse for other people by just being incredibly petty about the most basic stuff. And I say this as a person that moved out of the city because I was tired of inconsiderate neighbors.

Just try to be considerate to others, it's not that hard. And maybe stop assuming everybody is trying to be an ass on purpose. People make innocent mistakes sometimes.

Yoss

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

This. There's a lot of people proud of acting like assholes. I want to see a Venn diagram with the people in this thread and the spoilers thread.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Such a heated topic for something so benign. It's like the people dawdling out of spite don't realise that some of us have circumcisions to get to.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Like someone posted. It works both ways.

If you aren't leaving signal this to the person waiting for you so they can move on.

If there are plenty of spots available don't hold up traffic just to get that one specific spot.

The latter seems a lot less likely scenario though. The people who stop on a dime when they see someone walking toward their car have usually been circling for awhile or they can see that the lot is pretty full.

Other open spots might be taken by the time they can get to them. That happens often here in LA where parking is scarce in certain areas. People will block lanes to wait to parallel park for example.

Gifmaker

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I thought this thread would be about you waiting in line behind someone waiting for a spot. To find out that it's actually about you sitting in the car and being stressed out about not even leaving your spot is just about the most resetera way this thread could ever unfold.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
If they have reverse lights on I'll wait

I thought this thread would be about you waiting in line behind someone waiting for a spot. To find out that it's actually about you sitting in the car and being stressed out about not even leaving your spot is just about the most resetera way this thread could ever unfold.
^ also, this

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Once I had a guy waiting on my spot and I sat there in my car just to spite him. Bullshitted around, made a call, played with the radio. And then when he finally drove a little bit past me, I pulled out and some random pulled right in. Fuck that guy thinking he deserved a spot.
Some of you guys are real sociopaths. Honestly, seek help. It's not healthy to be carrying around this kind of resentment all the time.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
You should have known better by now.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Like seriously, get the fuck in your car and LEAVE. Like, I'll give you some wiggle room to pick your Spotify playlist or whatever but if you don't get out within 30 seconds you are a literal human piece of shit and I hate you. Like, you do not belong behind the wheel and I would take away your license if I could.

GO HANG OUT LITERALLY ANYWHERE ELSE. IF THERE IS A PARKING LOT THERE ARE PROBABLY BENCHES NEARBY, WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HANGING OUT IN YOUR CAR LIKE A FUCKING DORK!?!?!?!? ARGH!!!!

Yeah, this thread is actively pissing me off, the fact that some of y'all are dickheads and still trying to play the victim is confirming all of my worst fears and assumptions about people who act stupid when they see I am trying to park.

This seems inconsiderate to me? Calm the fuck down. And definitely don't honk/pressure someone into leaving in a hurry because you want to park in their place.