• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think I'm some big Sonic fan or anything (edit: actually I am. Looking back at this thread I meant this as in a Sonic vs. Silver type context, worded weird). I haven't played a modern Sonic game since Generations (not including Mania). It's just every time I happen to see this thing it makes me mad.

latest

Fuck this idiot. Look at this idiot, god.

Sometimes he shows up in games where I'm just trying to have a good innocent time too. Like Mario & Sonic. And it's just like hey...can you leave please? You're really bringing everybody down. Who's still inviting you to these things?

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I don't like him either, but nowaydays Blaze's only time to shine is if he's somehow involved as well so eh.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
You'd think originating from one of the most infamously terrible games ever made would disqualify a character from future appearances, but no. Sonic fans and Sega both work in mysterious ways.

DoctorDave

Nov 6, 2019
What has he done to you?

Seriously, had he debuted in a decent game, I think he could have been a cool character (much more so than edgy Shadow anyway).

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Look, as a real person who loves things such as breathing oxygen, having skin, and not being connected to the Sonic 06 staff in any way or form, I have to say I think Silver is pretty neat.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
i think silver's pretty fun when they play him up as a well meaning dope like the comics and spinoffs tend to do

played straight he's pretty lame

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
His characterization has changed in the comics and Team Sonic Racing to more like a gentle Knuckles, and some people dig it.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was never a fan of Silver. Of the main recurring Sonic cast I think he's one of the low points. Just screamed of Sonic Team trying to recapture the popularity of Shadow and SA2 with 06. Very similar trend as Lucario to Zoroark going by Pokemon as an example, but Silver himself just didn't ever shine with any cool gameplay. (and Zoroark himself is a pretty cool Pokemon once you get past "Lucario 2")

Silver's personality is fine and his powers are cool on paper. Really don't like his character design whereas I think Shadow has a great one regardless of my stance on his edginess.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
He's the Darkstar of Sonic games.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
He's only been playable in like 1* game. And barely been seen at all after that.

Yeah, I know someone is gonna pull up the Olympic games, but I'm talking the mainline console and handheld platformers here. Also, I don't remember if he was in Forces. Nor do I want to remember, for reasons unrelated to Silver.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Silver is a goober once he actually talks, which makes him great. He's basically the MGS2-era Raiden of the Sonic universe, to the point he's even voiced by Quinton Flynn.

he's great in IDW Sonic too

bbee1f662e6528a5bf2761c56314d589.jpg

also I love that Abby Russell from Giant Bomb always picks him because "he's pretty"

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
The Sonic franchise today is what happens when you take the "Super Saiyan 10" results on Google search as a creator seriously.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Even so, his inclusion in Sonic games past his debut at least doesn't feel as forced as Zavok being crammed into everything, despite Silver literally being from the future.

Stop trying to make fetch Zavok happen, Sega. It's not gonna happen.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Don't mess with Silver, kid has a cool theme music

Thats more than many Sonic friends can
bring

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I dont really have anything in particular against his design. His gameplay was trash though and so was his story, at least I think cause I cant actually remember a thing about it except not liking it.

Kroze

Oct 28, 2017
I love Silver because he is the anti anti hero, he tries so hard and gets so far... but in the end, it doesn't even matter.

He's such a lovable derpy idiot who believes he's a hero except he is anything but... and in trying to do so, he makes things even more of a mess.

People instantly equate him to Trunks but he is more like a parody of him and its wonderful.

#SilverDefenseSquad

Tho his game and gameplay suck soooo bad... like the Power Glove.

Last edited:

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Even so, his inclusion in Sonic games past his debut at least doesn't feel as forced as Zavok being crammed into everything, despite him literally being from the future.

i can't tell if it's that someone at sega actually really likes zazz and zavok, or if they're so short on recent additions to the series that they just fall back on them for the extra variety

i imagine it's a bit of both

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Even so, his inclusion in Sonic games past his debut at least doesn't feel as forced as Zavok being crammed into everything, despite him literally being from the future.

Zavook is that bad guy from Lost World that only appeared once because he was killed

malcolmx

Banned
May 20, 2018
Put anyone in a Sonic game u want..long as u let me have a Chao Garden again.

I'll never buy a Sonic game without a Chao garden..ever.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I disliked Silver at first but his more recent characterization as a complete goober has really turned my opinion around.
tumblr_ptbejdhNxT1ujtptf_1280.jpg

tumblr_ptbejihKTi1ujtptf_400.png

I love Quinton Flynn but I hope they keep Bryce for him now as that voice is perfect.

Also this...
d3f.jpg

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
He's cool, wasted in games mostly but I love what I've seen of him in the comics.